Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 14, 1:50 PM
Jul 2014
Series immediately introduces new characters just so they can stare and gawk open mouthed over how STRONG the DB fighters are. I immediately retract my question. Toriyama wrote this shit. RIP sensei!
Oct 14, 1:59 PM

Oct 2013
So, umm... I don't know if I understood you correctly, but assuming this thread ain't a ragebait, then are you somewhat angry and upset, because a Dragon Ball anime series feels and looks like a Dragon Ball anime series, or what? 🤣
Oct 14, 2:03 PM
Nov 2023
i didn't watch gt(let that sink in) ... the voice actor of glorio said that daima's every episode is so much full of content like the stroy us at it's max...let us trust toriyama sensei.....he himself said that he is more than involved in daima, and ep2 gonna be lit becuz goku gonna take his nyoibo ( power pole) back🔥
Oct 14, 2:41 PM
Jul 2014
Reply to Adnash
So, umm... I don't know if I understood you correctly, but assuming this thread ain't a ragebait, then are you somewhat angry and upset, because a Dragon Ball anime series feels and looks like a Dragon Ball anime series, or what? 🤣
@Adnash

I was just making a joke about Toriyama writing exactly as we would expect from Toriyama. In other words, he definitely wrote it and I was happy with the first episode.
Oct 14, 4:40 PM
Dec 2022
He was actually more involved in Diama than any other db show including the incredible og db. So I’m sure it’ll be the best thing since original dragon ball and actually feel like an adventure with friends n not a rinse n repeat power fantasy.
Oct 14, 10:45 PM

Mar 2017
Dragon Ball was only good when he (toriyama) was heavily controlled by his editor ngl
Oct 14, 11:34 PM

Jun 2016
I know this is kind of a joke thread but there are actually multiple writers on a TV show. I haven't checked the credits but I would assume he didn't write the screenplay (or at least most of the screenplay) as it comes last and there's a chance it's being revised even now.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Oct 15, 12:26 AM

Oct 2013
Reply to literaturenerd
@Adnash

I was just making a joke about Toriyama writing exactly as we would expect from Toriyama. In other words, he definitely wrote it and I was happy with the first episode.
@literaturenerd Oh, I see. I was not sure whether you were sarcastic about it, or just neutral, heh. I've seen many different comments about Daima posted in various places on the Internet. Some of them felt hmm... as if people who claimed to be Dragon Ball fans were upset in any way that the newest istallment of this series (Daima) gives strong oldschool vibe. Thanks for clarifying, and have a nice day. :)
Oct 15, 12:37 AM
Jan 2020
Reply to epyon4light
Dragon Ball was only good when he (toriyama) was heavily controlled by his editor ngl
@epyon4light you didn't have to say that💀 although I agree.
Oct 15, 1:07 AM
Feb 2018
Feels like GT done right.
Oct 15, 2:32 AM
Feb 2023
actually i wrote this
Oct 15, 2:37 AM

Apr 2020
So you thought a rehash of stuff that was cool in the early 2000's would be a a revolutionary Anime, huh?
Interesting.
Oct 15, 5:20 AM
Mar 2022
Toriyama was involved in the early plot development of GT. I’m under the impression that he wanted a do-over after the subpar story execution of GT. It would only make sense he workshopped his concepts and made a new series inspired by old ideas.
Oct 16, 8:23 AM
Jun 2022
•Plot starts after Buu Saga. “I can’t defeat Goku” •Proceeds to steal the Dragon Balls. •Summons Shenron •Makes the wish to turn main protagonist into a Small Child.

The only difference between GT,and Daima is new antagonists, and more protagonists being turned into children. Yes they executed it smoothly, but it still feels like “GT Super”. Only time will tell.
6 hours ago
Sep 2022
no one can prove Toriyama wrote it without that the message of his involvement, although even that message still doesn't mean he actually did write it or designed the characters and world, ideas...etc
4 hours ago
Apr 2024
Reply to emeraldartist95
•Plot starts after Buu Saga. “I can’t defeat Goku” •Proceeds to steal the Dragon Balls. •Summons Shenron •Makes the wish to turn main protagonist into a Small Child.

The only difference between GT,and Daima is new antagonists, and more protagonists being turned into children. Yes they executed it smoothly, but it still feels like “GT Super”. Only time will tell.
@emeraldartist95 Most people didn't have a problem with the premise of GT. It's just... everything that came afterwards, from the boring and uninspired planets and aliens, to Pan being a really annoying character (who was also involved in a lot of weirdly sexual and sometimes rape-y scenes), to the controversial SSJ4 design.
Average MAL user's media literacy:
Marinate1016 said:
Not reading allat cause I don’t care. Tensura peak. Have a good one tho

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Daima Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Today

51 by Stormy_77 »»
49 minutes ago

» Goku's Japanese VA sucks ( 1 2 )

Sahil_k - Yesterday

65 by Shinuki_n_Reborn »»
59 minutes ago

» The hell is this?

Alamax - Oct 12

13 by Shinuki_n_Reborn »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Daima Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Oct 11

202 by gundamdx2 »»
2 hours ago

» This Shenron is bs (spoiler for episode 2)

MyllerPhiem - Today

7 by stevejawbs »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.