Forum Settings
Forums

what anime do you think would have worked a lot better if it were a TV Show ?

New
Jun 30, 8:26 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
i recently watched The Great Pretender, amazing anime !!! but i kept thinking how amazing it would have been if it were a TV show, the language barrier in the show would have been more accurate lol (those who have watched the show get what i mean)
also the acting and suspence would have been built better, but regardless amazing anime.

i would also like to point the same thing about Tokyo Godfather, would work so well as a live action movie !!

𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 • Faye Webster
...i'll quiet down if it's what you want, i understand
i'm not the only one for you - so tell me what you're
looking for... is it a picture-perfect girl, for you ?
Jun 30, 9:02 PM

Aug 2016
recently, I noticed suicide squad Isekai might work better as a live action.
:v
Yesterday, 12:09 AM

Feb 2023
I don't really get what "TV Show" is supposed to mean in this context. Maybe a different word should be used here? (maybe "live action series")
Technically most anime are broadcast on Japanese television and are fundamentally already TV shows in their own way. American(?) TV shows aren't all live action either.

Live action adapations, even if adapted into a series, never really worked for me so far.
One thing that I think could actually work for me is CGDCT (cute girls doing cute things), especially if it has some practical and educational aspect. Series like Let's Make a Mug Too (pottery) or Slow Loop (fishing) could show you the real thing instead of just an animated version of it if it was live action.
Yesterday, 12:13 AM

May 2024
ame said:
i would also like to point the same thing about Tokyo Godfather, would work so well as a live action movie !!

Completely disagree. Satoshi Kon the director of Tokyo Godfathers became an anime director solely because he was told his style of cinematography did not fit live-action. Anything he's directed would not work in live-action due to how fast the transition between cuts is.

If I had to pick one anime for live-action, it would most likely be Monster. It's arguably more live-action than anime already tbh.
Yesterday, 12:17 AM

Jun 2016
Historical stuff work better in live action imo as I like costumes, props and sets.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Yesterday, 12:22 AM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
SimplyBrazen said:
Anything he's directed would not work in live-action due to how fast the transition between cuts is.

im not very educated about animation work but Black Swan was really good even tho it wasn't true to Perfect Blue- i guess maybe someone competent can make it work

𝐈 𝐊𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐘𝐨𝐮 • Faye Webster
...i'll quiet down if it's what you want, i understand
i'm not the only one for you - so tell me what you're
looking for... is it a picture-perfect girl, for you ?
Yesterday, 12:25 AM

May 2024
Reply to ame
SimplyBrazen said:
Anything he's directed would not work in live-action due to how fast the transition between cuts is.

im not very educated about animation work but Black Swan was really good even tho it wasn't true to Perfect Blue- i guess maybe someone competent can make it work
@ame Black Swan was a cheap copy of Perfect Blue, however it did not have anything in common with it when it comes to the style of direction. Black Swan's cuts and transitions are way too slow and fit live-action perfectly. The problem is, taking the current direction style of Perfect Blue and making it fit live-action would not work, as the film would lose most of its artistic value.
Yesterday, 3:01 AM

Sep 2016
Everything that was much too short.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Yesterday, 4:36 AM

Jul 2015
I think initial D would work better as a live action but that's just me lol.
Yesterday, 5:51 PM

Aug 2022
Unpopular opinion: A Silent Voice.

Being based on a 62 chapter manga, I feel that it could have been better as a miniseries. At least to further flesh out characters that were not Shoya and Shoko.

More topics from this board

» 🌸 AD Spring 2024 Best Girl Contest & Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Shizuna - Yesterday

145 by SouthRzVa »»
27 seconds ago

» A Goddess pays you a visit and promises to grant you a wish. ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Jun 29

56 by Rachiba »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you actually care about relatable characters?

Akuya - 1 hour ago

3 by Dauphine »»
6 minutes ago

» Best Representation of…. in Anime

kirA_-_ - 3 hours ago

5 by Jackson1333 »»
26 minutes ago

» Characters that you never understood the hype around them ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maha_thecat - Jul 28, 2021

265 by LeonhartAugust »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.