Forum Settings
Forums

Wrong to marry/have kids with second cousin?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Today, 4:09 AM

Jan 2021
Suprised this thread still up, MAL mods either got lazy or based.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
12 hours ago

Feb 2024
Reply to Cielord
Suprised this thread still up, MAL mods either got lazy or based.
@Cielord Why should it? Getting married and having kids is considered a virtue in normal world, and relationships between second cousins are not considered any taboo/harmful anyway. We are all into a polite and productive discussion.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
11 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Cielord Why should it? Getting married and having kids is considered a virtue in normal world, and relationships between second cousins are not considered any taboo/harmful anyway. We are all into a polite and productive discussion.
@LoveYourSmile Because it goes against MAL rules. It's a topic about incest, one of the controversial/sensitive topics. Not to mention that there was already discussion of incest & inbreeding in general.
11 hours ago

Feb 2024
Reply to Cielord
@LoveYourSmile Because it goes against MAL rules. It's a topic about incest, one of the controversial/sensitive topics. Not to mention that there was already discussion of incest & inbreeding in general.
@Cielord
I have to re-iterate: relationships between second cousins are not incest, by the definition. Please use google. There is nothing controversial or sensitive here, the dude asked if he is fine to start a family with far-far relative, and most people shared their knowledge and vision on it in a very calm manner.

Moreover, such relationships are legal even in the most strict countries. In fact, it was you who brought words "incest" and "inbreeding" into this thread trying to make it more controversial and inflammatory, and now you wonder why this thread is not locked yet, like it was your plan from the very beginning.
10 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Cielord
I have to re-iterate: relationships between second cousins are not incest, by the definition. Please use google. There is nothing controversial or sensitive here, the dude asked if he is fine to start a family with far-far relative, and most people shared their knowledge and vision on it in a very calm manner.

Moreover, such relationships are legal even in the most strict countries. In fact, it was you who brought words "incest" and "inbreeding" into this thread trying to make it more controversial and inflammatory, and now you wonder why this thread is not locked yet, like it was your plan from the very beginning.
@LoveYourSmile

1.There isn't a universal definition of incest, but yes, i do see your point of not calling such relationship incest.

2.You can notice by other replies in the thread, that not everyone is fine with such stuff, you get a lot of the usual it's weird/disgusting. This enough to say this disscusion is controversial/sensitive.

3.Don't get from where you're accusing me of such stuff, i assure you this is not some devious plan of mine.
a)I'm not the first one who mentioned incest, @zarutaku mentioned before me his view about sibiling romance. Which yes, he didn't explicitly said incest but you would surely call sibiling romance incest. And after my reply other users mentioned their views about incest & inbreeding.
b)My argument approached to the disscusion at hand from a social viewpoint, using society/law reasoning for condemnation/criminalization of 'conventional incest' and asking and scrutinizing if there is any diffrence between it and second cousin romance. For that i had to mention inbreeding which is the primary reason for the aforementioned condemnation/criminalization.
9 hours ago

Oct 2014
Second cousin is still too close. Third cousin, maybe even fourth cousin it starts to become okay. The line obviously has to be drawn somewhere. You're even cousins with a banana if you go far enough back.
9 hours ago

Feb 2024
@Cielord Let's end it here maybe?
LoveYourSmile8 hours ago
8 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
@Cielord Let's end it here maybe?
@LoveYourSmile

This is a disagreement and polar opinions on a moral thread, a wrong and right thread. Such issues are always controversial cause of morality.

LoveYourSmile said:
so the only reasonable concern is genetics of kids

Not really, even though inbreeding is the primary reason... the other reason (power dynamics) is of more issue. Consent is always the most important thing in a relationship more then the non inherent risk of genetic defects. Also when it comes to the condemnation/criminalization of incest, the real reason is purely cultural, specifically the cultural view that it's disgusting & weird.

LoveYourSmile said:
Let's end it here.

Sure, if that's what you want, but wouldn't you say it's weird to express a desire to end a conversation but then go on a few segmants relating to said conversation?

And which country you can marry your sibiling? i know multiple who allows it if the sibilings in question are not blood related, but not one when they are.
8 hours ago

Feb 2024
Cielord said:
And which country you can marry your sibiling?

Ah, right, it must be just my imagination. I thought it's allowed to gay people in my country lol. My original post is highly misleading then, apologies.
7 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to LoveYourSmile
Cielord said:
And which country you can marry your sibiling?

Ah, right, it must be just my imagination. I thought it's allowed to gay people in my country lol. My original post is highly misleading then, apologies.
@LoveYourSmile Don't have to answer if you wish to remain private on it, but which country do you live?
7 hours ago

Sep 2016
Cielord said:
And which country you can marry your sibiling? i know multiple who allows it if the sibilings in question are not blood related, but not one when they are.

@LoveYourSmile Apparently it's legal for half-blood siblings to marry in Sweden, but they need special approval by the government, which seems kind of restrictive, but still the most progressive law worldwide in this regard.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
7 hours ago

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Cielord said:

@LoveYourSmile Apparently it's legal for half-blood siblings to marry in Sweden, but they need special approval by the government, which seems kind of restrictive, but still the most progressive law worldwide in this regard.
@Zarutaku How in the fucking universe is that progressive??
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
7 hours ago

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku How in the fucking universe is that progressive??
@DigiCat Because I call everything that grants more liberty progressive, restricting people in their mating choice is an authoritarian & antiquated habit.
6 hours ago

Jan 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
Cielord said:

@Zarutaku Uncommon swedish W, lol.
6 hours ago

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@DigiCat Because I call everything that grants more liberty progressive, restricting people in their mating choice is an authoritarian & antiquated habit.
@Zarutaku There is a big difference between having liberty and putting others in danger
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
6 hours ago

Sep 2016
Reply to DigiCat
@Zarutaku There is a big difference between having liberty and putting others in danger
@DigiCat Flawed argument, do people with genetic disorders or women in their 40s put others in danger if they decide to have children?
4 hours ago

Jun 2019
It is weird, you know that it is weird, and if you don't, you have just been brainwashed by Japanese entertainment.

In fact, she is the protagonist's fourth-degree cousin!

They even had to add incest in a manga that was supposed to be about mathematics. Well done, Japan.

(Source: my 100th anime/manga/light novel synopsis)

Zarutaku said:
@DigiCat Flawed argument, do people with genetic disorders or women in their 40s put others in danger if they decide to have children?

They obviously do, but it is not as if they had better options, while marrying your cousin just shows that you are too desperate to find someone outside your family circle.
4 hours ago

May 2021
Reply to Zarutaku
@Zarutaku Flawed argument ehi...

Let's see, you're a big fan of liberty, should people then have the liberty to murder those who disagree with them?

Btw

Depends on the genetic disoder

Incest is more dangerous than giving birth in your 40s, one has the chance of birth defects, one has the chance of birth defects + lowered immune system
1 hour ago

Feb 2022
nah its not weird or wrong. even first cousin is borderline but still on the acceptable side.
47 minutes ago

Oct 2013
At the very least it's weirder than getting with a non-blood related relative imo. I don't really know how far apart in the gene pool you'd have to be for it to not be weird. There's been people who got together and had absolutely no idea they were related in some way until later. At least I think there's been cases like that..

@Cielord based where? In the the south? Easy joke but I had to...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Let's talk about Fathers

LenRea - Jun 24

16 by Taiyaa »»
49 seconds ago

» I just found a dumbass sociopath in the wild.

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

23 by Mayahuel »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Tau Day

Meusnier - 3 hours ago

4 by deg »»
2 hours ago

» I can lick my eyeballs!

ZakuF_ - 5 hours ago

8 by traed »»
2 hours ago

» 2024–25 NBA season

deg - Jun 26

5 by deg »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.