Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 26, 3:31 PM

Apr 2023
I like Kaiju No 8 so far, and I plan to read the manga when the anime ends. But I've been hearing lots of ppl claim the manga went downhill, is it really as bad as ppl claim it is?
If I had to choose between One Piece and a girlfriend...I think I'll go with One Piece
May 26, 3:47 PM
Jun 2022
Nah it’s pretty good. It does change a bit but it does better at giving side characters spotlight than ever before, and there’s a lot of hints at more going on than just No. 9’s plans right now. It just goes a bit slow for an arc or two, then picked up again with the recent battle arc
May 26, 4:02 PM
Dec 2022
Nah, it's really good. Quite peak imo.
May 26, 4:04 PM
Feb 2024
I'm surprised that people are claiming that it went downhill. I thought the way it has built upon itself is tremendous, and the most recent few chapters have especially engrossed me.
May 26, 4:11 PM
May 2024
It's super good I highly recommend reading it
May 26, 4:21 PM

Jan 2021
kaijuu8>> BNHA so u know
characters, tgeir development, fights, power system, emotions in all these aspects kaijuu leaves my hero in dust
May 26, 4:31 PM
Apr 2023
Its actually pretty good but I always feel like It rushes too much
May 26, 4:32 PM

Aug 2014
That aside, I heard some people saying that the manga just becomes a generic shounen later on so that's why they are disappointed. I myself haven't read the manga so can't say anything about it. Best is to just read it yourself and see if it gets better or worse.

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic sentence
KayKimiiMay 27, 7:38 AM
May 26, 4:34 PM

Jan 2021
roddersj04 said:
I'm surprised that people are claiming that it went downhill. I thought the way it has built upon itself is tremendous, and the most recent few chapters have especially engrossed me.

yea yea i totally agreed
after the fights of shinomiya kikoru n hoshina how can someone say it went downhill dude must be reading something else!
May 26, 4:38 PM
Mar 2019
here is a tip don't let other opinions affect your opinion that is like letting other people tell you what to like what to hate etc it's better to have your own opinion don't let other people control you yes it is good to here other opinions as long as your Open minded and see both sides, read the manga and judge it by your self.
May 26, 4:40 PM

Jan 2021
kaiju 8 bad in general.
spiritual successor of lord rothchild.
May 26, 4:57 PM

Jul 2016
Suppose we'll find out soon enough
May 26, 5:17 PM
Mar 2020
In my opinion, Kaiju No. 8 doesn't offer many things we haven't seen before, but it's an enjoyable story nevertheless, and I do consider it to be one of the greatest currently running Shonen Jump manga.
It never felt too rushed or too dragged out, the art is always nice, and everyone gets their spotlight.
I recommend it.
May 26, 5:21 PM
Aug 2022
It's good. The anime is just taking it too whole nother level and making it much better than it already is. Leading some who skip the anime and hop to the manga to start hating on it.

In theory this is how every anime should be. An equal to or greater version than the original source.
May 26, 6:02 PM

Dec 2020
Wait...there're ppl like that!? Either they're retard or haven't even read the manga at all. After watchin' the first ep I started the manga and it was so much enjoyable that I couldn't help but read it straight for hours catching up to chap 105(latest release of that time, currently it has 107 chaps).

Rating: 8.4/10
May 26, 7:26 PM
Dec 2022
Fukoku said:
I like Kaiju No 8 so far, and I plan to read the manga when the anime ends. But I've been hearing lots of ppl claim the manga went downhill, is it really as bad as ppl claim it is?

I'll keep it short.
no the author makes the story mid on purpose.
it' like this "eminence in the shadow", the manga is just to enjoying over self by seeing a 30 year old man do cool shonen shit. PPL who expect it to be deepe or darek, are the ones who gets disappointed when reading it further. cause of the lake of dark element.

so if you just want to enjoy reading shonen without thinking too much, you'll definitely like it.
May 26, 7:40 PM
Feb 2023
I’m caught up with kaiju no.8’s manga physically and it’s honestly great. I really like the art and it’s just consistently entertaining. The anime has help up great and I love it as much as the manga so as my final thought, it’s still an amazing series.
May 26, 8:05 PM

Feb 2018
I liked it a lot for a while but I had to drop it because they really short changed the mc
May 26, 9:02 PM
Jul 2021
not that I could think of
May 26, 9:13 PM
Apr 2023
last 10 chapters are really bad. But overall manga is way better than anime
May 26, 9:26 PM
Sep 2021
Manga is great and considered as one of 3 pillars from Jump+ (Spy x Family, Kaijuu#8, Dandadan). Anime is great as well.
May 26, 10:04 PM

Apr 2022
yeah i used to like the manga when i first read it, enjoyed the first like 60-65 chapters but after that, it's just uninteresting as hell. also the score keeps dropping, it was rated 7.77 when i first started reading early last year and now it's on 7.72.
May 26, 10:32 PM
Dec 2022
Fukoku said:

it's your typical battle shounen mamga but like the rest, it's quite good since it has some pretty unique elements that makes it stand out.
May 26, 11:00 PM
Feb 2021
If the anime is already this mediocre, the manga can’t be much better right?
May 26, 11:30 PM
Oct 2020
I’m only on chapter 60 or so but I’ve really been enjoying it, it’s definitely one of my favorite manga’s I’ve read
May 27, 1:55 AM

Oct 2016
You could read the reviews for more in-depth analysis.

I'm up to chapter 105 and yes the manga started out interesting, but quickly became... I wouldn't say bad, but boring. Next part is spoilery:

You would think MC wanting to join the force and him becoming monster would create an interesting and lasting conflict to resolve but no, he joined easily. And when he got found out? That matter gets "resolved" in a few chapters and bam, he's fighting with the force again. Also the author failed to utilize his MC, he could have offered an new and unique perspective as the older "loser" guy but no, a few chapters and he's indistinguishable from any other shounen MC that gets admiration from other people not through his effort, but because he's an overpowered monster.

The manga did a switcheroo, sidelining both the male friend and the childhood friend (whom are much more important to the MC's motivation and past issues) to focus on the twintails girl, who is largely irrelevant to the MC outside of the damsel in distress situation. She's the one that gets the most "development" and her background and story arc is kind of okay, but it's nothing to write home about.

Also this manga relies too much on the "cool" moment. It worked the first time when he's just turned into monster, but the author kept overusing these scenes with little to no build up, makes them feel bland and unearned, often times reaching the level of ass-pull. Characters do die here and there but there is no tension whatsoever.

This could have gone to different and imo more interesting directions, but it didn't. I do intent to finish the manga, but can't say I have much motivation.

Transient beings, sometimes lasting no longer than an instant.
Our lives consist of pathetic attempts at survival and nothing more.

May 27, 1:57 AM
Oct 2023
I mean it wasnt any good to begin with, this shit is more generic like fairy tail bruh
May 27, 5:05 AM
Sep 2023
Fukoku said:

if you don't plan on buying/trying out the physical copies,

why waste your time in discussions asking for biased opinions
May 27, 9:17 AM
Apr 2024
going good as expected
May 27, 4:54 PM
Sep 2022
The manga is amazing
May 27, 5:13 PM
Jan 2009
Reply to GTRaijin
That aside, I heard some people saying that the manga just becomes a generic shounen later on so that's why they are disappointed. I myself haven't read the manga so can't say anything about it. Best is to just read it yourself and see if it gets better or worse.

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic sentence
@GTRaijin It's a generic shonen basically starting with ep 2 in the anime too, if I'm being generous. I like it though, but this show literally has every single shonen trope.
May 27, 7:58 PM
Nov 2023
The first half of the manga is pretty good imo. But the recent arc is sadly boring and repetitive, the protagonists just get beaten up at first then they get flashbacks of their past and win the fight afterwards which is predictable and bland to me. Despite that you really should give it a read, maybe you will like it, people have different taste anyway.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Fortress_Maximus - Jun 22

172 by Mawttz »»
1 hour ago

» Where is the Dub?

EXCLMaker - Yesterday

10 by GeoXsf9 »»
1 hour ago

» has the OP/ED really grown on anyone else? ( 1 2 )

JVskunkape - Jun 22

77 by Dark_011 »»
2 hours ago

» no one die

esofdiamon - Jun 22

11 by Zarutaku »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Kaijuu 8-gou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 15

229 by basskiller »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.