Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 5:51 AM

Oct 2022
einstein's theory of relativity doesn't abide it, but instead suggests that going forward in time is possible... only if we can travel at the speed of light. i really wanna go back in time. man, i wish i had a doraemon ;((
May 26, 6:37 AM

Sep 2016
It's only possible to look back in time, but it's indeed possible to travel forward in time, even below speed of light, just that lower speed has less effect.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 7:40 AM

May 2010
aren't we traveling forward in time just by existing, since the time moves forward on its own? we travel from yesterday to today every day
Hello can you please watch Kitaku-bu Katsudou Kiroku

May 26, 8:20 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Kikugi
aren't we traveling forward in time just by existing, since the time moves forward on its own? we travel from yesterday to today every day
@Kikugi It's implicitly about moving forward at an increased rate, otherwise it wouldn't qualify as time travel.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 8:36 AM

Feb 2020
Flip the pages on a calendar backwards, works every time.
May 26, 8:48 AM

Jul 2023
If it were the case, some people from the future would have already visited us, maybe? Or they h-hide among us!?
May 26, 10:19 AM

Aug 2018
Wormholes and black holes, man, they're the answer to everything.
May 26, 10:40 AM

Apr 2024
There is no need to speculate with non-professionals about a topic that you can learn more about from your favorite science journals and non-fiction books (I highly recommend everything written by Steven Hawking), but here is an uncommon point of view on time travel that I've never seen mentioned anywhere: time travel is possible, but we haven't met any time travelers in our time, because it is too expensive for them to travel into our era, and our current time is not important for them enough to go here.

https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/NnGWJHutwBiJMovw8/the-economics-of-time-travel-call-for-reviewers-seeds-of
Black★Rock Shooter (TV) is beyond its time arthouse fantasy/psychological drama/psychological horror/action. Should you watch it? See my review.

May 26, 10:42 AM

Aug 2022
I would rather go into an alternate universe that is 100% like our own and fuck their shit up instead of going back into the past of my universe and causing me to live in horrible bs.
Mao said:
If you have to shit, shit! If you have to fart, fart!
May 26, 4:35 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I do not believe going back in time is possible for humans.
May 26, 5:04 PM

Jul 2016
nuh uh. maybe if you're delusional enough you can pretend you're a time traveler.
May 26, 8:33 PM

Mar 2008
I once took a short nap for what I thought was a full 24 hours because it felt like a lot of time went by and freaked out no one had woken me and confused how I had slept that long, then I realized even though it felt hours had passed I was only asleep a few minutes this caused me to feel a strange sensation as my brain tried to correct my mistake and it kind of felt like I had time travelled back a day.

It's definitely possible. Physics researchers have already sent photons back in time and I can see that being used to send information from the future and alter the past. How to actually send a whole object on the macro scale to the past is where it becomes more highly debatable.
May 26, 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
lol uncanny this thread popped in my feed as I was just having a back and forth topic literally just now with Chat GPT

I want to say yes it's possible, however the concept of actually being in the past is basically impossible (most likely). The universe exist on principles of reality, and physics, once that is broken, the universe sets out to erase the anomaly, in order to revert it back to what is correct.
May 26, 8:59 PM

Oct 2022
It's all a silly concept. Forward "time" travel is not at all what Relativity was really saying, it's basically that when you look at light, it's rays travelled toward you at the speed 186,000mps and that if you move matter faster than that somehow, you would technically have the atom arrive at a location before it was visible.
But reaching anything like that speed by being anything other than a beam of light... good luck
May 26, 9:12 PM
Oct 2023
Nothing is impossible, people from 500 years ago didnt even dream of going to the moon yet here we are
May 26, 9:27 PM
Jul 2018
Yes, one look at history would tell you that time travelers are a thing that has existed since forever. Time itself is created by God to bind this realm, and he himself resides in a space outside of time.
May 27, 9:54 AM
Nov 2019
I am not a scientific expert but based on the little I know about science, it isn't possible to go travel to the past in the conventional sense as it would break the laws of physics which we currently know and create paradoxes.

However, I believe (without proof) that one could travel in the past which would actually be a different timeline than the one where he/she exists presently. So, someone could travel to Edo period Japan but that would be a different one because of the time traveler's presence as an anomaly in that Edo period.

Then there's the "future" time travel hypotheses where a person experiences tome slower than the rest of the universe and thus is younger compared to the others who had become older and moved into the future. However, I don't consider this as time travel proper; rather its experiencing time slower than others and is a relative concept than the time travel hopping that we expect when we hear those two golden words.
May 27, 10:22 AM

Jul 2013
To answer the OP's answer as simply as possible, no it is not possible.
May 30, 1:41 AM

Sep 2020
if i could go back in time i had tell my past self to not forget the mega charizard card in the mall theatre
2 hours ago

Aug 2024
yes, it is possible. if we can manifest tachyon particles(which is a hypothetical concept rn), by going faster than the speed of light in space time
erm

More topics from this board

» The Americans are fat stereotype ( 1 2 )

Cneq - Aug 27

62 by xMizu_ »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you have a favorite quote, idiom or saying?

RobertBobert - Aug 22

36 by xMizu_ »»
23 minutes ago

» Have you ever encountered anything paranormal or out of place?

Commit_Crime - Aug 26

31 by traed »»
28 minutes ago

» Do you drink?

EmiliaHoarfrost - 11 hours ago

20 by xMizu_ »»
39 minutes ago

Poll: » do you think it's right for women to judge men based on their height?

asdewqw3erfgt - 1 hour ago

2 by xMizu_ »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.