Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 3:26 AM
Dec 2011
Hi everyone, post locked, Thank you and kind regards

devil2Jun 22, 10:14 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 26, 4:17 AM

May 2020
I'm a guy. Just throwing that out as a disclaimer.

As someone who was interested in this topic and having created some threads addressing it in the past I think I can comment a little bit on the subject.

Basically most girls did not seem to mind sexual scenes, and all the better if they have plot relevance, but it was extremely rare to find women that praised such scenes. i.e. they are tolerating them but it's not exactly what they like. This being said I believe there is a selection bias in this type of thread, particularly in my thread about what fan service female anime fans would like to see, I could not for the life of me get a straight answer from almost anyone. It seems that for many female fans there is a strong tendency to be coy about the subject and avoid revealing ones true feelings. Everyone is entitled to their privacy of course, I am simply saying that you need to take this into consideration when you reach your ultimate conclusion.

So in short what I want to say is, please do not think of whoever you are catering to as a group but as individuals. You should really be asking the actual people in your group, not random fans on MAL. And if you are looking for general principles I would say try to not assume things. You don't have to shield anyone from the "evil" ecchi anime, you can expose them to the genre, get reactions and plot a course accordingly. I would assume when you watch anime in a group its unavoidable that some anime are going to be liked by some more than others, but what you are really there for is the social aspect of watching in a group and talking about it as a group. For that reason I think variety is very important, it's not really about "keeping it as safe as possible".

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, hope I didn't come off as preachy or anything , happy watching :)
May 26, 4:21 AM

May 2022
what the fuck did i just read.

do you think that you live in some candy world where everything is great and everyone lives in harmony? leave your house and see how you are deceiving yourself with such worldview.
By the way, there is something named distance to yourself, critical thinking and awareness that satysfying every person in the world at the same time is impossible.
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
May 26, 4:37 AM

Aug 2013
Your psychologist sucks, good luck protecting your safe bubble lmao
I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

STEAM's GOTY 2024 the Ghost of Tsushima

Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to other games released in 2024 is without a doubt a masterpiece.
HOWEVER...
Warhammer 40K Space Marine 2 compared to far older games like Gears of War from 2006 is pretty lackluster and has lots of room for improvement -> 5.5/10
Lol Sony needs to stop sniffing their own farts, their IQ is crashing so hard they are gonna ruin the whole company.
May 26, 4:52 AM

Mar 2024
I totally agree with the things said here above.
Everyone is different. Just as their opinion can differ a lot from individual to individual.

Personally I don’t mind ecchi or sexualised scenes as long it’s not “too” much or feels unnecessary. But that’s just my opinion, I’ve seen some of my female friends drop anime’s before purely because the sexualised scenes made them feel uncomfortable in some ways.
May 26, 4:56 AM

Sep 2016
devil2 said:
how do feel about watching all-girls anime

As if I was in heaven surrounded by angels.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 26, 7:32 AM

May 2022
Reply to Coaghim
Your psychologist sucks, good luck protecting your safe bubble lmao
@Coaghim yeah i wanted to say that too. I should also become one lol, you just tell your patient random garbage for an hour straight and take 100 bucks for it
KINIRO MOSAIC FOREVER
May 26, 9:10 AM

Oct 2017
A lot of women have different tolerance levels to some of these things, including myself. Stuff like rape scenes or scenes that are borderline sexual assault generally aren't liked among women. Dragon Ball Super episode 89 is a great example as one of the B plots of the episode is Muten Roshi sexually harassing and attempting to sexually assault this attractive woman he finds. Many women (and even a lot of men too) found that episode completely disgusting, uncomfortable, and painful to watch. A lot of women can look past some sexual elements such as character design, a few fanservice shots, or mild nudity, but when things start to borderline onto sexual assault/harassment, it creeps us out, especially if these things are happening to underage characters. A lot of harem anime fall victim to the creepy factors and borderline sexual assault, so a lot of women avoid those shows so if you are trying to pick stuff be mindful of elements like that that may creep out women.

By the way don't listen to the people trying to discredit the idea of trying to make an inclusive space. It's something that is much needed in fandoms like this since it can often feel like an exclusionary boy's club in the anime fandom, so keep trying to get the perspectives of more women to try and build that inclusive space as it will be much appreciated for those who normally feel excluded
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 26, 10:22 AM

Feb 2024
Can I be your psychologist? I will tell you how good you are and support your views as a true liberal 🤡
May 26, 10:25 AM
Dec 2011
Reply to LSSJ_Gaming
A lot of women have different tolerance levels to some of these things, including myself. Stuff like rape scenes or scenes that are borderline sexual assault generally aren't liked among women. Dragon Ball Super episode 89 is a great example as one of the B plots of the episode is Muten Roshi sexually harassing and attempting to sexually assault this attractive woman he finds. Many women (and even a lot of men too) found that episode completely disgusting, uncomfortable, and painful to watch. A lot of women can look past some sexual elements such as character design, a few fanservice shots, or mild nudity, but when things start to borderline onto sexual assault/harassment, it creeps us out, especially if these things are happening to underage characters. A lot of harem anime fall victim to the creepy factors and borderline sexual assault, so a lot of women avoid those shows so if you are trying to pick stuff be mindful of elements like that that may creep out women.

By the way don't listen to the people trying to discredit the idea of trying to make an inclusive space. It's something that is much needed in fandoms like this since it can often feel like an exclusionary boy's club in the anime fandom, so keep trying to get the perspectives of more women to try and build that inclusive space as it will be much appreciated for those who normally feel excluded
@LSSJ_Gaming thank you for your reply and your kind words
May 26, 10:27 AM
Dec 2011
Reply to Anjuro
I'm a guy. Just throwing that out as a disclaimer.

As someone who was interested in this topic and having created some threads addressing it in the past I think I can comment a little bit on the subject.

Basically most girls did not seem to mind sexual scenes, and all the better if they have plot relevance, but it was extremely rare to find women that praised such scenes. i.e. they are tolerating them but it's not exactly what they like. This being said I believe there is a selection bias in this type of thread, particularly in my thread about what fan service female anime fans would like to see, I could not for the life of me get a straight answer from almost anyone. It seems that for many female fans there is a strong tendency to be coy about the subject and avoid revealing ones true feelings. Everyone is entitled to their privacy of course, I am simply saying that you need to take this into consideration when you reach your ultimate conclusion.

So in short what I want to say is, please do not think of whoever you are catering to as a group but as individuals. You should really be asking the actual people in your group, not random fans on MAL. And if you are looking for general principles I would say try to not assume things. You don't have to shield anyone from the "evil" ecchi anime, you can expose them to the genre, get reactions and plot a course accordingly. I would assume when you watch anime in a group its unavoidable that some anime are going to be liked by some more than others, but what you are really there for is the social aspect of watching in a group and talking about it as a group. For that reason I think variety is very important, it's not really about "keeping it as safe as possible".

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents, hope I didn't come off as preachy or anything , happy watching :)
@Anjuro Thanks for your reply and your kind words
May 26, 10:34 AM

Apr 2020
As a female I really don’t give a shit about all this sexualization and fanservice, as long as child looking characters aren’t involved. That’s fucking weird.

Edit; and of course the worst mod on this website decides to lock the thread.
Kenzolo-folkMay 26, 11:47 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 10:41 AM
Dec 2011
Reply to Kenzolo-folk
As a female I really don’t give a shit about all this sexualization and fanservice, as long as child looking characters aren’t involved. That’s fucking weird.

Edit; and of course the worst mod on this website decides to lock the thread.
@Kenzolo-folk Thanks for your reply
May 26, 10:42 AM
Dec 2011
Reply to Swyzen
Can I be your psychologist? I will tell you how good you are and support your views as a true liberal 🤡
@Swyzen Thanks, how much for a session?
May 26, 11:36 AM
Thread locked

Anime Discussion Rules: 5. Please refrain from creating threads which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated and/or sensitive issues liable to incite rule violations (trolling, flaming, abuse).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 🌸Anime Spring 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Sep 5

233 by nishant0 »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you collect anime cels? Or other anime production materials?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

9 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» Does Watching YTVideos/TikTok make you an Anime Fan?

BerriesSan - 7 hours ago

26 by Yuno »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime as good as Evangelion/Utena?

Thecutedog - Sep 23

35 by JoeChip »»
10 minutes ago

» What makes you identify a bad anime right from the start?

KMIR - 31 minutes ago

3 by SimplyBrazen »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.