Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 24, 11:47 AM

Feb 2011
How bad was bullying in your school and how the teachers treated it?

In my school it went as far as follows:
- One of the guys was forcibly taken behind the school by my classmates and there they broke one of his legs just for fun.
- Another one was smashed against the concrete wall with his head and ended up in a hospital with a concussion.

Teachers usually ignored bullying up until the point when the victims snapped and tried to protect themselves - then they'd scold the victim for being a problem student.

So I'd say that depiction of bullying in these episodes was similar to what I've seen with my own eyes. How about you?
May 24, 11:57 AM

Jul 2015
Teacher ignoring and not intervening until bullied kid stands up is cliché as fuck. It happens even IRL all the time. But teacher actively siding with bullies and blaming the bullied kid is something else. This is straight up vile and I don't think it actually happens IRL and if so, rarely.

And from the scenario you have described, those bullies are actual psychopaths, that WILL pose a threat to society in the future.
PiromyslMay 31, 4:35 PM

May 24, 12:10 PM
Aug 2021
That's assault and battery, man...
May 24, 12:18 PM

Feb 2011
Reply to Piromysl
Teacher ignoring and not intervening until bullied kid stands up is cliché as fuck. It happens even IRL all the time. But teacher actively siding with bullies and blaming the bullied kid is something else. This is straight up vile and I don't think it actually happens IRL and if so, rarely.

And from the scenario you have described, those bullies are actual psychopaths, that WILL pose a threat to society in the future.
@Piromysl I heard that one of them ended up being arrested for making meth or something.
May 24, 2:11 PM

Jun 2019
Yeah, although I never personally experienced anything like that or was on the receiving end of serious bullying, I'm well aware of the things that went on in school. And I'm from a small suburban town and went to quite small public schools of only a few hundred kids (around 150 per grade and around 600 students total for the school in middle school and high school) compared to those in larger towns and cities. And let's just say that it's a middle to upper middle class safe town with virtually zero crime and violent incidents relative to so many other places around the country and around the world. Like the kind of town I would walk through any part of down to the last centimeter day or night 24/7 without fear of looking over my shoulder. And I, and think most other kids there, generally felt safe and comfortable enough at school.

And yet still there were occasionally violent or destructive incidents just like anywhere else. A boy I was acquaintances with getting expelled along with some others for aggressively fighting with other students, including students from another school, and sending some to the hospital. Vandalism against the school bathrooms and people's lockers and personal belongings. That sort of stuff.

That's why I kind of laugh and roll my eyes whenever an anime depicts behavior like this and there is always inevitably a contingent of people in thread topics and comment sections who chime in to say that it's unrealistic or exaggerated, that they went too far in portraying bullying, etc. Things far worse than anything shown here happen around the world, including in schools and at the hands of children to other children, literally around the clock on a daily basis. I honestly think some people don't have a clue how chaotic and cruel the world is and can be.

And perhaps it'd be considered lucky to be able to have that mentality and be able to live this way in an "Ignorance is bliss" sense, but I'd rather have eyes wide open - You know what I mean?
WatchTillTandavaMay 24, 2:16 PM
May 24, 7:02 PM
Feb 2021
holy fuck i wanna throttle your teachers and Minami's so bad, make them choke on the victims' blood. What excuses will they spout, facing the Lord's judgement on that fated day?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

20 by traed »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12

42 by KANLen09 »»
Jun 19, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 3

154 by Icelord888 »»
Jun 17, 12:38 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5

43 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 16, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Kaii to Otome to Kamikakushi Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

27 by Treyv0n »»
Jun 15, 4:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.