27.6%
Bleach
22.4%
One piece
50.0%
76 votes
May 24, 6:06 AM

Dec 2022
Try not to be biased just vote on what has the best writing, animation, story, ect.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 24, 6:13 AM

Jan 2021
I'm voting for One Piece, but just because this is an anime discussion, if we were talking about the manga, I'd vote for Bleach.
May 24, 6:14 AM

Feb 2020
"Best out of the "Big 3"

Naruto is the best.
May 24, 6:17 AM

Sep 2018
If you just count Naruto as the og and Shippuden it easily wins imo. The reason I put it at the top of the big 3

- One Piece would have won if the time skip never existed
The pacing has crashed, and the series has a clear lack of editors which is a big part of what made pre timeskip OP great. The series is clearly extended artificially as a key aspect of shounen jump.

- Bleach is guilty of a lot of non memorable antagonists. With OP and Naruto the antagonists are almost all iconic.

- Naruto music is also very iconic, and the fights focus a lot more on tactics than the other 2.
May 24, 6:18 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Mr_Libra
I'm voting for One Piece, but just because this is an anime discussion, if we were talking about the manga, I'd vote for Bleach.
@Mr_Libra respect your decision, btw should i read bleach its like 2nd fav but I've only read the hueco mundo arc bc it was amazing

May 24, 6:20 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Serafos
"Best out of the "Big 3"

Naruto is the best.
@Serafos I respect your decsision, have you watched bleach at all by any chance?

May 24, 6:23 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to rohan121
If you just count Naruto as the og and Shippuden it easily wins imo. The reason I put it at the top of the big 3

- One Piece would have won if the time skip never existed
The pacing has crashed, and the series has a clear lack of editors which is a big part of what made pre timeskip OP great. The series is clearly extended artificially as a key aspect of shounen jump.

- Bleach is guilty of a lot of non memorable antagonists. With OP and Naruto the antagonists are almost all iconic.

- Naruto music is also very iconic, and the fights focus a lot more on tactics than the other 2.
@rohan121 woah woah non memorable antags?
, are all very memorable any also tbf its mostly bc bleach was self development until right before hueco mundo arc.
I will respect your decision but to say that most aren't memorable when they only have like 6 main antags is a lil wild.
NessieMALMay 24, 6:41 AM

May 24, 6:25 AM

Aug 2018
Obviously, One Piece is my favourite and the best. I've read and watched both One Piece and Bleach. Bleach is fun, but nothing more to me. I haven't delved into Naruto yet, but hopefully in the future.
May 24, 6:27 AM

Jan 2021
NessieMAL said:
respect your decision, btw should i read bleach its like 2nd fav but I've only read the hueco mundo arc bc it was amazing

@NessieMAL Well that depends on whether you want to read a manga that has over 700 chapters, if so then I would definitely recommend it.

But in general I would always recommend the manga over the anime because I don't really like the anime, at least the old one, I haven't watched the new one yet.
May 24, 6:29 AM

May 2024
Personally, I'd prefer OP.

Also I have a prediction, this thread is going to get locked soon.
May 24, 6:35 AM
Aug 2021
One Piece tops it. What I also love about the series is how unpredictable it is unlike other Shonen which makes them unique, plus the goofy aspect of it.

I also like how balanced it is powerscaling wise. No one can say "Luffy is broken" unlike other Shonen, especially in the current arc where power-creep is off the chart.
May 24, 6:35 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Mr_Libra
NessieMAL said:
respect your decision, btw should i read bleach its like 2nd fav but I've only read the hueco mundo arc bc it was amazing

@NessieMAL Well that depends on whether you want to read a manga that has over 700 chapters, if so then I would definitely recommend it.

But in general I would always recommend the manga over the anime because I don't really like the anime, at least the old one, I haven't watched the new one yet.
@Mr_Libra ahhh ur missing out, the animation studio that animated it evolved so much within those 7 ish years the animation is amazing and they added extra fights that weren't in the manga, it's a 10/10 imo

May 24, 6:36 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Deus-Arcanum
Personally, I'd prefer OP.

Also I have a prediction, this thread is going to get locked soon.
@Gashadokur0 Why do you think it would get locked?

May 24, 6:38 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Howdym8
One Piece tops it. What I also love about the series is how unpredictable it is unlike other Shonen which makes them unique, plus the goofy aspect of it.

I also like how balanced it is powerscaling wise. No one can say "Luffy is broken" unlike other Shonen, especially in the current arc where power-creep is off the chart.
@Howdym8 well i understand that about it being unpredictable but there are some big turning points in bleach that basically no one would have expected, but I respect your decision, you should try bleach tho it's amazing!

May 24, 6:40 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Rhae
Obviously, One Piece is my favourite and the best. I've read and watched both One Piece and Bleach. Bleach is fun, but nothing more to me. I haven't delved into Naruto yet, but hopefully in the future.
@Rhae I respect your opinion, for me I just didnt like the writing of one piece, it never scratched that itch for me like Bleach did.

May 24, 6:47 AM

Aug 2018
Reply to NessieMAL
@Rhae I respect your opinion, for me I just didnt like the writing of one piece, it never scratched that itch for me like Bleach did.
@NessieMAL

It's the opposite for me because I'm biased towards One Piece.

I prefer the Bleach manga over the original Bleach anime, even though there were flaws here and there.

However, I do love the Bleach power system, and Shunsui is literally one of the best characters.

The last arc in the manga was kinda underwhelming, but I do have high hopes for the new anime version of this last major arc. It's definitely a great watch so far.
May 24, 6:52 AM
Dec 2021
hmmmm Im having a hard time whether to vote bleach or Naruto. Each show has its pros and cons.

In Naruto all characters are very well written and we can clearly see the growth of each character.

In bleach well...the power scaling's a bit off. Ichigo can be really weak and then the next second hes defeating captains with centuries of experience.
And this happens the other way around too he can be really strong in one arc and then extremely weak in the next.

But still Bleach fights are the best and never fails to give me chills.

In Naruto the world building is amazing every thing is very well thought out and detailed.

But Naruto also tends to have many scenes constantly repeating (like fashbacks) which can be very annoying.

And I think both shows have there fair share of fillers both are veeeryyyy boring.(even though Bleach tries to make their fillers into arcs and Naruto fillers are just random)
KageKoeMay 24, 6:57 AM
May 24, 7:00 AM

Nov 2023
I have only saw OP so the choice is obvious
May 24, 7:28 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Rhae
@NessieMAL

It's the opposite for me because I'm biased towards One Piece.

I prefer the Bleach manga over the original Bleach anime, even though there were flaws here and there.

However, I do love the Bleach power system, and Shunsui is literally one of the best characters.

The last arc in the manga was kinda underwhelming, but I do have high hopes for the new anime version of this last major arc. It's definitely a great watch so far.
@Rhae well TYBW already added 3 extra fights so I cant wait to see what other extra scenes they add in the adaptation

May 24, 7:29 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to Ratris_Decision
I have only saw OP so the choice is obvious
@Ratris_Decision thats invalidate then I stated that in the desc.

May 24, 7:31 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to KageKoe
hmmmm Im having a hard time whether to vote bleach or Naruto. Each show has its pros and cons.

In Naruto all characters are very well written and we can clearly see the growth of each character.

In bleach well...the power scaling's a bit off. Ichigo can be really weak and then the next second hes defeating captains with centuries of experience.
And this happens the other way around too he can be really strong in one arc and then extremely weak in the next.

But still Bleach fights are the best and never fails to give me chills.

In Naruto the world building is amazing every thing is very well thought out and detailed.

But Naruto also tends to have many scenes constantly repeating (like fashbacks) which can be very annoying.

And I think both shows have there fair share of fillers both are veeeryyyy boring.(even though Bleach tries to make their fillers into arcs and Naruto fillers are just random)
@Lively_rose_ great argument, I do agree with his power scaling half way only because there are many reasons why he is that strong and you also have to realize in the beginning most opponents he fought didn't try nearly as hard because they didn't think they would have to but yeah I do partially agree.

May 24, 7:47 AM

Apr 2022
definitely one piece. it takes the story, characters, lore, worldbuilding, animation for me so basically the most important aspects. naruto was one of my first animes, so i have nostalgia bias for it even though it has some not-so-great parts, the fights were great too. bleach was pretty solid for me during soul society, and the designs are cool.
May 24, 7:50 AM

Jul 2021
bleach is the best one in both formats, manga and anime
May 24, 7:52 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
definitely one piece. it takes the story, characters, lore, worldbuilding, animation for me so basically the most important aspects. naruto was one of my first animes, so i have nostalgia bias for it even though it has some not-so-great parts, the fights were great too. bleach was pretty solid for me during soul society, and the designs are cool.
@ryzxgum Bleach is a very hard anime to tell what's going on without looking more into it but the world building in bleach was crazy near the end, yes it may not be where there are 20+ name locations with the whole world being explored but the worldbuilding definitely got better near the end, you just had to pay alot of attention into it.

May 24, 8:00 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to NessieMAL
@ryzxgum Bleach is a very hard anime to tell what's going on without looking more into it but the world building in bleach was crazy near the end, yes it may not be where there are 20+ name locations with the whole world being explored but the worldbuilding definitely got better near the end, you just had to pay alot of attention into it.
@NessieMAL it's okay, had more potential and so did naruto tbf.
May 24, 8:04 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
@NessieMAL it's okay, had more potential and so did naruto tbf.
@ryzxgum I agree it did have more potential but even with there being 5 known locations that have been explored they did very well with designing the locations and writing them.

SPOILER

May 24, 8:12 AM

Apr 2022
Reply to NessieMAL
@ryzxgum I agree it did have more potential but even with there being 5 known locations that have been explored they did very well with designing the locations and writing them.

SPOILER
@NessieMAL yeah but they should drop the date for cour 3 soon, guess it'll be in fall from the looks of it atp.
May 24, 8:14 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to ryzxgum
@NessieMAL yeah but they should drop the date for cour 3 soon, guess it'll be in fall from the looks of it atp.
@ryzxgum yeah they really do, you're probably right it will most likely be in fall, I can't wait to see if they expand the One shot into an arc, that would be sick.

May 24, 8:21 AM

Apr 2012
There is more to anime than endless shounen fighting series.
May 24, 8:29 AM

Dec 2022
Reply to logopolis
There is more to anime than endless shounen fighting series.
@logopolis can we get some context?

May 24, 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
Story: One Piece
Animation: Naruto
Fight: Naruto
Characters: One Piece
Protagonist: One Piece
Main characters: One Piece
Antagonists: One Piece
Supporting characters: Naruto
OST: Naruto
Emotional: One Piece
Battle system: Naruto
World Building: One Piece
Artstyle: Naruto
Character design: One Piece
Background art: One Piece

I don't know if I missed anything, let me know if there are more criteria/category to rate them. Unfortunately, I don't think Bleach takes even a single one of these, it may come second in some categories but I don't think it takes first place in any of them. If it's not obvious already, Bleach is my least favorite of the big 3.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
May 24, 8:54 AM

Jun 2019
Haven't watched the others but OP is clearly best.
May 24, 9:03 AM

Jun 2010
I have watched and read all three. One Piece is still an ongoing series which I am still following.

I think each series has its good and shortcoming parts. Can't say which is the best. I would think they are good in their own way.
May 24, 9:11 AM

Apr 2021
Naruto was pretty much okay but I feel like the writer messed up the ending. Like he had no idea how to end the series and just gave one fight after another randomly.

Got bored with bleach and dropped it. Literally the first manga i have dropped.

One piece was/is the most enjoyable one out of the three for me but i get frustrated at how much oda drags everything. Focuses way too much on random side characters to deliberately lengthen the series.
May 24, 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to NessieMAL
@logopolis can we get some context?
@NessieMAL "Big three" = Evangelion, Utena Lain, I wlould say. I don't expect everyone to have the same idea though.
May 24, 10:12 AM
Community Mod
Entranced

Mar 2022
Thread locked for being a random X vs Y thread.

Anime Discussion Rules 2: Please refrain from creating threads that do not encourage discussion; e.g. random "xx vs. yy", picture collecting, etc.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Anime that are lost media

Maciusiek - Apr 27, 2021

45 by Eternal-Destiny »»
8 minutes ago

» How can I watch Sazae San?

Animeloverhuman - Aug 31

5 by RareAnimeHunter »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » If 4Kids got the license to your favorite anime, how much would they have to change it?

TheBlockernator - Aug 26

35 by Jozuwa-_- »»
31 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

67 by RareAnimeHunter »»
36 minutes ago

» Could reused Anime themes/cover music likely become a trend in Anime in the near future?

Jozuwa-_- - 3 hours ago

10 by Shirayukin »»
37 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.