Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 20, 6:00 AM

Jun 2015
alright so after HSR dropped this game has been my main game that ive been looking forward to, it's officially coming in few days so are you guys planning on giving it a try?

May 20, 10:10 AM

Jan 2023
I started with the GI as soon as it was released, it entertained me for a year and a half, which is a long time for me.
I have some faith in this one, at least to last a couple of months. HSR and TOF were horrible.
We'll see if it's worth it on Wednesday, but yes, I'm already registered and I've already done the web event.
May 20, 10:21 AM

Dec 2019
Definitely, as a PGR player i will be there no matter what.
May 20, 12:23 PM
Aug 2018
Not really. I'm just going to stick with Genshin Impact.
May 20, 7:10 PM

Apr 2015
It's another open-world anime gacha that will probably have more mundane grind, so nope. I quit Genshin after the ridiculous amount of time needed just to make a single character playable.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 21, 3:51 AM

Dec 2015
Sure gonna try, if it's gonna have the similar possibilities of try harding as Solo Leveling/Dark Souls than I am sure I'm gonna play more than GI which was boring.
May 21, 6:35 AM

Jan 2008
Will whale for Yinlin. Pre downloads are up, meaning you can install the game.
May 21, 8:04 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
It seems like something which looks interesting to play for like a month and then get stale afterwards.

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 21, 8:49 AM

Jan 2023
I don’t see the hype for it. Maybe it’ll turn out nice though.
May 25, 10:45 PM
Nov 2013
Most overhyped garbage ever, literal Genshin clone and no originality whatsoever.

ZZZ and Project Mugen when
May 26, 6:35 AM

Dec 2018
The playable characters in this game looks like NPCs to me, rather than the main characters. Unlike Genshin Impact, where every playable character has unique personality, and you can tell that by their looks. So no, I'll stick with Hoyoverse's games.
May 26, 11:27 PM

Jan 2008
Always funny to see a game's community feel threatened by a new game and try to belittle the new game while preaching their game with nothing more than personal feeling opinions. Reminds me of back when I played FFXIV and WoW players would trash on it. Can't be happy there's competition despite that competition improves both/all games.

It's still too early to tell how WW's will do in the long run but I've been enjoying it. Having 2 5-star selectors with one being free for just logging in during a certain period is great motivation too because I actually get the units I want.
May 27, 12:50 AM

Dec 2018
Paul said:
Always funny to see a game's community feel threatened by a new game and try to belittle the new game while preaching their game with nothing more than personal feeling opinions. Reminds me of back when I played FFXIV and WoW players would trash on it. Can't be happy there's competition despite that competition improves both/all games.

@Paul It makes no sense to compare two single player focused gacha game to two multiplayer focused MMORPG title. No one in the Genshin Impact community feels threatened, where everyone just doing their own things alone in the game, no matter what others doing. I just wrote my opinion about this next Genshin like game.
Citrone39May 27, 12:57 AM
May 27, 1:32 AM

Jan 2008
Reply to Citrone39
Paul said:

@Paul It makes no sense to compare two single player focused gacha game to two multiplayer focused MMORPG title. No one in the Genshin Impact community feels threatened, where everyone just doing their own things alone in the game, no matter what others doing. I just wrote my opinion about this next Genshin like game.
@Citrone39 It's not you alone that's been doing so, a certain individual, hated by the Genshin community, posted a video on the matter. In this case, you went out of your way to attack the character designs for seemingly no reason when the average person likely couldn't tell the difference between a GS, HSR or WW based on their character designs.

The FFXIV/WoW comparison makes plenty of sense. I'm not comparing the genres to each other, I'm comparing is the situation the games are in. A new popular game comes out that plays in the same/similar fashion to a bigger game. Genres don't matter in this regard.
May 27, 10:13 AM
Nov 2019
So, after trying the Wuwa for 4 days and actually living through all the fiasco and bugs, I would confidently say that it doesn't hold water to the you-know-which game. A short review based on my experience so far [PS: I play on mobile so things may differ for PC users]

Open world (2/5)- Pretty bland and unpolished despite efforts to make it diverse enough.

Characters (design, personality etc.) (2/5) - Most of them are forgettable. At the least, they aren't completely unattractive.

VA (2/5) - Tried both JPN and ENG and while both seem to be of inferior quality than you-know-which game, the JPN one is passable while the ENG is not even worth remarking about. For now, sticking with JPN.

Story (1/5) - Nothing to say here. I don't review trash.

Combat (4/5) - For me, this was the only redeemable aspect of the game and one which is responsible for hooking me till now. I love the fast pace, improvisation and hack and slash aspects which are neither too easy to get bored quickly, nor too tough that I am shutting the game in annoyance. It could be polished more and the bugginess fixed faster, but its decent to good overall.

Mobs/enemy designs and combat (3.5/5) - They are certainly entertaining enough to fight with and have pretty neat quirky attacks and game design.

OST (1/5) - Barely audible and even if I could hear it, it feels lackluster.

Well I will be sticking around the game till its honeymoon phase and whether I get bored till then or not will decide whether I continue with wuwa.
May 28, 5:40 AM

Jun 2016
Looks like the same assembly line shite that's always coming out.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
May 28, 12:37 PM

Apr 2015
Reply to Theo1899
Looks like the same assembly line shite that's always coming out.
@Theo1899 Open world anime gacha's are like the Fortnite of the genre lol.
"Well, she's flatter than a pancake"
-Mimi Alpacas
"Woof"
-Tobiichi Origami 
"Are you trying to turn the dormitory into a strip club!?!
-Atena Saotome 
May 30, 4:35 AM

Jan 2023
I tried it, I already played a little. But not abusing.
Obviously it is very similar to the GI. And one is going to end up comparing it.
Plus I played GI from day 1 until I got bored of it a year and a half later.

The good?
It is friendlier when navigating the maps. You can run even up steep mountains. A matter that was quite heavy in the GI.

The combat system is more about combos, not just clicking, shooting charged arrows and executing Ultis. More complicated but more entertaining.

The bosses move a lot. You have to hit, run, chase, dodge.
In the GI, at least the first 12 were monotonous and practically did not move.

The bad?
More of the same, in the long run one ends up getting bored. The quests are sometimes very long, that takes away the dynamism. I had the same complaint with the GI. I'm not saying that they can be done in 2 minutes, but you can spend more than half an hour on a quest. In a boring one.

The characters do not attract attention.

I don't know the story, I wasn't interested in the other one and not in this one either.

In short, another game that I feel will entertain me for a while playing casually for a while a day until it is eventually abandoned.

But it is clearly superior to ToF or the horrible HSR.
May 30, 11:02 PM

Dec 2015
Tried it, in 2 days I've hit around 31 Union Level, right now I am in middle of getting 34th as I ain't that playing as during launch.

So far so good, it is more enterteining than Genshin was at launch.

For now it isn't close to beat Honkai Star Rail or Solo Leveling Arise.
May 30, 11:10 PM

Oct 2021
I'll pass on this one. I can't add another gacha game to my roster since I'm already dedicated to Blue Archive and Star Rail.

However, the character designs here look better than in Genshin. But at the end of the day, it's just a Genshin copy.

I'm not even planning to play ZZZ.
Jun 4, 5:19 PM

Aug 2022
late af but ive been really obsessed with this game lately, already on union level 32 lol
Jun 4, 7:03 PM

May 2016
it's aight but my pc keeps crashing from the game and there's so many lag spikes. I personally like HSR a lot more. Probably my favorite hoyo game since i've kinda lost interest in genshin as well.
Jun 5, 8:40 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to barbieout4blud
late af but ive been really obsessed with this game lately, already on union level 32 lol
@barbieout4blud yh ive been obsessed with it too lmao i'm nearing ul 40, jiyan's story was sick
Jun 5, 10:11 AM

Jan 2023
I was playing a little more (lvl36).
To put on music, spend energy and explore the maps a little is fine.

I'm playing with Jiyan/Mortefi/Verina.
Jun 6, 12:43 AM

Oct 2021
This is my second ever gacha after playing HSR. If I hadn't played Honkai beforehand, I would've been completely lost, because a lot is thrown at you. But most of the ways WW works seem the same. The world also seems huge to me.

Pretty much as soon as I saw Jinhsi (the magistrate), I loved her. I've been pulling for Yinlin, but seeing as Jinhsi might be directly next, I might save for her instead. Also did the beginner's banner and got Jianxin.

More topics from this board

» What gives you instant motivation to plat/100% a game

Joesaka - Jun 8

15 by JaniSIr »»
1 hour ago

» Do you play games in which you have to actually work to make it playable?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

2 by JaniSIr »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Cs:go or Valorant?

bernierimo - Nov 1, 2020

43 by 88expert »»
2 hours ago

» Best site to rate and discuss video games?

lucjan - Jun 10

3 by Nette »»
Yesterday, 5:23 PM

» Leaks say Nvidia's next gen 5000 series won't have any increase in VRAM

tsukareru - Yesterday

7 by JaniSIr »»
Yesterday, 4:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.