Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 17, 7:21 PM
Oct 2017
Demon slayers started to broadcast late, but it's curious to notice that after a week from its start, on Japanese portals it's still out from the top5 anime of the season

If we try to search deeper on this, we notice that it's ranked #15 on this season, with a score of 64.8 from the users, which on MAL would be a pretty mid 6.48. This is pretty curious as it didn't skyrock at the top as expected. What do you think? Does this surprise you as well?

DijeMay 17, 7:24 PM
May 17, 8:09 PM

Jul 2021
Ratings on anikore are a lot lower on MAL. Cause they rate different things for each anime
May 17, 8:13 PM
Mar 2020
I’m not familiar with that site, but also not super shocked. This arc is one of, if not the weakest of the story. As well as coming off a pretty mediocre season. Will be interesting to see how it ends up, though it’s Demon Slayer so it’s not like it won’t be crazy popular still
May 18, 12:40 AM
Jan 2022
don't expect anything from this arc
Next arc will be 🔥
May 18, 12:42 AM

Oct 2009
You know, honestly, I'm not that much in a rush to jump right in. Already watching bunch of stuff this season, I'll wait it out, for now, and not too excited about it. Honestly, they don't seem to have the same stride as they did in Season 1 and still the best season and I hope, this one will prove me wrong but, at the moment, I'm just gonna wait it out a bit.
May 18, 12:45 AM
Mar 2024
Nahhh rating X/5 is trash
May 18, 1:22 AM

Jul 2015
This arc was not hyped because everyone knows this arc is "meh" and servers as preparation for endgame. Once it drops, Demon Slayer will break the internet once again, because best fights will be there.

May 18, 1:41 AM
Aug 2018
Not a surprise, honestly. It's not the hypest arc, and people aren't expecting much. It's just a training arc.
May 18, 6:55 AM

Aug 2015
It's only 8 episodes and everyone knows this is the weakest arc.
Controversial opinions
May 18, 10:06 AM
Feb 2021
this arc is literally buildup to next one
if I remember right nothin insane is going to happen this season that will make it skyrocket
May 18, 10:42 AM

Mar 2023
Yeah, but it won't matter, it's still popular as ever..
This is from Netflix Japan today

May 18, 1:45 PM

Jul 2016
Different site, different standards of ratings and users interesting though.
May 19, 1:14 PM

Aug 2019
Because the popularity of the franchise dropped in cour 3. Many folks were let down by the absence of Inosuke and Zenitsu in cour 3 as well as the overall mediocrity of the villains and animation, so there's less interest in cour 4 and a lot of people aren't in a hurry to catch up.
May 19, 1:18 PM

Apr 2012
How representative are these 6 shows of the tastes of Japanese audiences? It always seemed to me that the Japanese love hyped LN harems and quality all-female shows, so I'm not surprised by the popularity of Hibike and Date or Live. But I've always been interested in Rudeus's strong popularity, even though the source material is quite old and the show doesn't seem all that unique to modern audiences.
May 19, 4:02 PM
Oct 2018
Lmfao many hater in this topic it crazy . This season is so popular with 22% from tv audience more than one piece,sazae-chan,Détective Conan etc... and top 1 in japan netflix, so stop using a website no one care in japan.
May 20, 3:47 AM
Jan 2021
Reply to RobertBobert
How representative are these 6 shows of the tastes of Japanese audiences? It always seemed to me that the Japanese love hyped LN harems and quality all-female shows, so I'm not surprised by the popularity of Hibike and Date or Live. But I've always been interested in Rudeus's strong popularity, even though the source material is quite old and the show doesn't seem all that unique to modern audiences.
@RobertBobert Its the best isekai LN which is finished and the author has signed a deal to have the anime fully adapt all volumes.
May 20, 5:20 AM

Jan 2021
I don't even know this site and why tf would anyone use this as an indicator of ratings. The initial rating of this season was low here on MAL as well but it increased later.
Btw, if we look at popularity, it's already number 1 in Japan by a big margin.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

May 20, 5:22 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Amatsukaze24
@RobertBobert Its the best isekai LN which is finished and the author has signed a deal to have the anime fully adapt all volumes.
@Amatsukaze24 I heard that they were going to gradually adapt the entire story, but as far as I know, the original LN came out back in the days when there was no such trend in anime.
May 20, 10:21 AM
Jan 2021
Its still an isekai and the best one, keenan has been around for decades just only burst into popularity in the last 5 years. Mushoku tensei is masterpiece. Yes it will be getting slowly adapted but the important thing is it will 100% be getting a full adaptation which really is huge for the anime because it really gets better and better as you get into the double digit volumes.

More topics from this board

» Where is the Dub?

LaLaLimeLime - Jun 3

12 by gyoobr »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

IzanaSolos - May 26

129 by aadityaXanime »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Kashimo_Official - Jun 2

142 by LeonhartAugust »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba: Hashira Geiko-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Softhenic03 - May 19

132 by badabass »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

» Sanemi and obanai are horrible

XiongYifan - Jun 4

17 by MaRvElFaN69 »»
Yesterday, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.