Forum Settings
Forums

Does it bother you to think how much time we burn waiting for new anime?

New
May 8, 3:01 PM

May 2021
Does it ever come across to you, how anime is burning our lives very quickly. For example, you follow a 24 ep seasonal, and when you finish watching it, 6month/half a year already slipped through your life. Or you wait for an anime sequel to come out like grand blue did with the leak annoucement yesterday, but realized S1 aired in 2018, and its been 6, if not 7 years you have waited for it before you finally get to see it? Same can be said for any anime sequels really.

A 24 ep anime takes 24*24=576 minutes to finish, and you can binge literally 2-3 seasons nonstop in 24 hours. Binging after finishing airing is an option, however, even that still requires you to wait half a year to do so.

I had this thought after realizing finishing Frieren took me more than half a year, and that half a year just went by so fast I didn't even notice.
May 8, 3:18 PM
Mar 2017
After the quarantine, life In general become faster for the majority of humans , idk even want to think about the whys and hows

It bothers me , and that’s exactly the reason why I stopped watching seasonals , I just wait for the anime to finish airing and I’ll enjoy it as a whole , this might not solve the whole problem since I still waited 3-6 months for said anime to finish airing…. But still better than living the whole 3-6 months with it and realizing even more how days quickly Pass..
May 8, 3:22 PM

Aug 2018
It doesn't bother me if I don't actively watch seasonal anime shows weekly. I just wait for a couple of episodes at a time or until it finishes airing.
May 8, 3:24 PM
Dec 2021
I like having anime as a companion while I go through my life. I’ve been watching seasonal anime for years and it’s never bothered me that a 24ep makes up half a a year.

May 8, 3:28 PM

Nov 2019
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
After the quarantine, life In general become faster for the majority of humans , idk even want to think about the whys and hows

It bothers me , and that’s exactly the reason why I stopped watching seasonals , I just wait for the anime to finish airing and I’ll enjoy it as a whole , this might not solve the whole problem since I still waited 3-6 months for said anime to finish airing…. But still better than living the whole 3-6 months with it and realizing even more how days quickly Pass..
It's quite simple. People kept their bad habits that they had during the pandemic when you couldn't really do much, so you stayed inside of your own comfort watching movies, playing video games and spending time on useless shit. Which in the long run affected how your brain processes time. Take a detox for 3 months and I can promise you time will feel that is flows slower. The problem is people lack the resolve to do anything about their problems and just keeps the bad cycles alive. It's a shame.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
May 8, 3:32 PM

Sep 2018
Not only does it not bother me, I actually like that aspect of it a lot. I love when a show becomes a part of my life for months, it gives me time to digest the story, making it have a much more lasting impact on me (this has been studied) and gives me more to look forward to every week. I used to binge animes and TV shows all the time, but for the past couple of years even if an anime or a show is fully out I still watch it a few episodes at a time.
May 8, 3:34 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to 666
It's quite simple. People kept their bad habits that they had during the pandemic when you couldn't really do much, so you stayed inside of your own comfort watching movies, playing video games and spending time on useless shit. Which in the long run affected how your brain processes time. Take a detox for 3 months and I can promise you time will feel that is flows slower. The problem is people lack the resolve to do anything about their problems and just keeps the bad cycles alive. It's a shame.
666 said:
The problem is people lack the resolve to do anything about their problems
I feel like a lot just genuinely need professional help. It’s not as if they don't want to change what the grew accustomed to, it’s that they can’t.

May 8, 3:36 PM

Sep 2018
I enjoy my time with my hobbies so I have zero regrets about it.
May 8, 3:36 PM
Dec 2021
Reply to Deane
Not only does it not bother me, I actually like that aspect of it a lot. I love when a show becomes a part of my life for months, it gives me time to digest the story, making it have a much more lasting impact on me (this has been studied) and gives me more to look forward to every week. I used to binge animes and TV shows all the time, but for the past couple of years even if an anime or a show is fully out I still watch it a few episodes at a time.
@Deane A show where I watched one episode every week definitely means more to me than a show I binged while not being able to sleep.

May 8, 3:38 PM

Dec 2012
I burn more pointless hours away each day working for a less-than-living wage and sleeping away the exhaustion it causes than I ever do watching daily anime. Anime is my refuge, a nice comfortable bastion on a hill I'll die on.
KruszerMay 8, 3:49 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 8, 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
You're literally just talking about "how time flies" and using anime as a metric for the passage of time, it's not about "waiting" for anything.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 8, 3:44 PM

May 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
You're literally just talking about "how time flies" and using anime as a metric for the passage of time, it's not about "waiting" for anything.
@LostSpectre
It is about "waiting" for something. Time is flying when you are waiting for something, in this case new anime episodes / sequels. The only thing that depends on the person is whether they consider this "time wasted" or "time enjoyed".
May 8, 3:47 PM

Jan 2013
Reply to Zimmu
@LostSpectre
It is about "waiting" for something. Time is flying when you are waiting for something, in this case new anime episodes / sequels. The only thing that depends on the person is whether they consider this "time wasted" or "time enjoyed".
@Zimmu You're not "waiting" for anything, you're doing other shit in the meantime and time simply keeps moving.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
May 8, 3:50 PM

May 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
@Zimmu You're not "waiting" for anything, you're doing other shit in the meantime and time simply keeps moving.
@LostSpectre
You are doing other shit in the meantime, yes. But this doesn't change the fact that you are still waiting for your new anime episode or sequel to drop. You are not waiting, if you decide to drop the show, because you know you won't come back to it. But if you are gonna come back to it, or you plan to watch the sequel of something, then you are still waiting for it. Doesnt matter if you do something else in the meantime.
May 8, 3:55 PM

May 2021
Reply to LostSpectre
@LostSpectre
You are free to eat, piss, shit and fuck all you want during a week's wait, or during the time before you next anticipated anime sequel comes out. This doesn't change the fact that you still need to wait/standby/pause 1 entire week/Years before you watch your next anime episode. You are, therefore, waiting in this process. I don't get whats so hard to understand with this concept that everyone else in the thread seems to have no trouble comprehending except you.
May 8, 4:19 PM

Feb 2023
Yes, this definitely bothered me quite often. That's why I always try to have other stuff to do besides anime so that I don't just waste my time waiting for the next episodes to release. I want upcoming episodes to be something I can look forward to during a busy day or week, I don't want to feel like I'm actively waiting for them.

Something that works for me really well is to always have multiple things I'm excited about and that I can spend time with at the same time. No matter if it's more anime, upcoming books/manga/games/music/etc or something else entirely. It's important to keep some balance.
May 8, 4:25 PM

Dec 2022
I'm not a seasonal watcher, so it doesn't affect me.

Shaded Horizon

May 8, 4:41 PM

Apr 2020
I have been watching anime while they are airing for years, so I am used to waiting, plus I can use that free time for other shows or other hobbies in general.
May 8, 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
Since GTA 6 will take more then 14 years to come out after GTA 5...

Have we all been waiting for GTA 6 then? 14 Years down the drain?... o_O

No, I don't feel like I'm burning time waiting for something, because in the meantime I occupy myself with many other things.

BUT I know what you mean, each time you are confronted with such facts, you're surprised with the huge amount of time that has passed.

I realise and highly doubt I'll ever witness the release of a GTA 10 at this current rate :D Unbelievable that PS2 had 3 amazing GTA games in 1 console generation o_O While GTA 5 has seen the light on 3 console generations PS3/PS4/PS5 LMAO
When will Black Clover release new anime?! It has been 3 years already since March 2021...

I don't know who quotes me and then deletes the comment, but know that you make my day.

THE HYPE IS REAL!! It's time!! 2 Become a legend, the Ghost of Tsushima
May 8, 5:30 PM
Apr 2022
no, it just means my old brain's gotten 6 month older and that makes it seems like time goes faster than before
May 8, 5:52 PM

Oct 2013
Well, apart from real life duties, I have other hobbies that are not anime, so it's not like I am totally invested in a shows I track. Like, I don't make everything else feel less important or of less significance to make watching anime an important factor in feeling that "the time flies, for real".
May 8, 6:59 PM
Apr 2022
No, I’ve got other stuff going on in my life besides watching anime so I don’t mind waiting for a new show/season I want to see.
May 8, 7:12 PM

Apr 2024
I mean, it's not like I don't exist after starting a seasonal anime. I can watch a bunch of other things in the interim between episodes/chapters, I live my life.

granted I also grew up in an environment that had me ready to accept that I may never even see the ending of the stories I enjoyed growing up, so.... idk. Doesn't bother me hardly at all. No use fretting over the time already passed, may as well enjoy the time you have with a show, even beyond just watching it.
"Dreams are worth fighting for"
May 8, 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
I'm used to it by now. Not only that, but I take longer than that to finish things these days anyways, what with my frequent breaks.
May 8, 7:15 PM
Jan 2023
It don't bother me because I keep wasting time doing other things and I don't mind waiting for a new season.
May 8, 7:22 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
I mean, you're doing other things in that time? There is so much stuff out there that sure, maybe you are looking forward to something, but it's not like that's the only thing on your radar.
May 9, 2:24 AM

Sep 2016
It's not like I can't do anything else while waiting, so it doesn't bother me much.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 9, 2:49 AM

Nov 2019
May 9, 2:50 AM

Jan 2009
yep that is why im fine if generative ai will speed up the production of anime more
May 9, 3:51 AM

May 2018
"For example, you follow a 24 ep seasonal, and when you finish watching it, 6month/half a year already slipped through your life."

More like 9 hours + 2-3 hours max discussing it. The rest of those months you are doing other stuff.
May 9, 4:01 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
I don't watch weekly stuff. I usually just watch once Anime is fully released. Meanwhile I just watch bunch of other Anime that has finished airing.

So I don't ever "wait" for new Anime.
May 9, 4:05 AM

Nov 2023
I just like following small little adventures every week, just don't be like now and tossed too much food
May 10, 3:07 PM

Jan 2021
You still do other things in life

also the amount of already completed anime is huge, so I don't ever feel the need to check currently airing anime and be forced to wait for new seasons, episodes

More topics from this board

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 4 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

161 by FFandMMfan »»
7 minutes ago

» How many completed is considered a lot to you ( 1 2 3 )

Ice-Cube - Jul 9, 2022

112 by BitChilly »»
9 minutes ago

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - May 13

25 by Old_School_Akira »»
17 minutes ago

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny? ( 1 2 )

Ri-KoRin - May 21

55 by Ri-KoRin »»
54 minutes ago

» Does Old Anime age poorly or do people age poorly?

Dragevard - Today

29 by Nekosawrus »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.