Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 5, 2:35 AM

Oct 2020
No bad. It doesn't say how many episodes there will be. I hope there will be 24 episodes.
Apr 5, 10:53 AM

Nov 2023
Doesn’t matter what anime it is, Goblins are still Goblins.

Another isekai but this time as a Goblin with the ability to gain new abilities by eating enemies, cool.

Pretty decent, I’ll keep watching.

Apr 6, 10:53 AM

Jan 2013
Pretty generic anime. After watching Slime Datta, Solo leveling, Shinka no Mi and countless others with similar story lines, feels like Japan running out of ideas :D
Apr 7, 12:15 AM

Aug 2018
That was quite good, though I’d like to see more about the farming of the human females.
Apr 8, 10:08 AM
Jan 2013
This anime is a great microcosm of how destroyed/undeveloped the frontal lobe of anime viewers is.

Are we not going to talk about the briefly shown rape dungeon and casually received 'libido' spell from the system/director/space voice from 'so im a spider'/Slime/solo leveling/shangri'la (the creative bankruptcy goes on and on...)

What about the time they made the rape goblins out to be sad puppies born into this cruel world (that which they conduct mass-rape in for fun considering there are female goblins).

What the actual duck was I watching?

1 star. It's just shock for the sake of shock; No value is added.
ArtificialDApr 8, 10:12 AM
Apr 8, 11:07 AM
Jan 2017
I remember reading the manga, reading the novels, even playing the gacha

the anime was alright in quality, nothing to speak home about. the openning is scuffed and looks low budget. Not like Gushing over magical girls being able to hide their scuffness, the OP is probably going to be bothersome if I watch it every week, like even Tsukimichi has a better Openning, which is a shame because I kind of like the OP song.

The most cursed part of the animation is probably the CG for the wolves. Why are their two front paws and two hind legs moving in together. Real wolves, or any quadruped runs alternatingly. They look like toys.

Forgetting the scuffness, it is quite nostalgic, it feels like one of those "Ah they finally made it into an anime" things out there.
Apr 8, 11:57 PM
Jan 2021
I knew I wanted to check out this series, and the first episode definitely got me hooked.

I thought it would be weird with the who goblin thing, but it works out well. It already introduces part of the world in a way and the way that goblins reproduce (by kidnapping women and mating with them). There’s already some moral dilemmas that will need to be taken care of and there’s more about this world and the whole leveling system that I’d love to see.

Gobkichi and Gobmi are cool additions for Gobrou and it seems all the goblins will turn into a family.

I’m excited to see how this expands!
Apr 9, 3:23 AM

Jun 2021
Time to justify Goblin rapes lol Can't make them evil as the goblins in Goblin Slayer
Apr 9, 6:58 AM
Feb 2024
Amazing point of view. Looks like a very heavy anime. I love it!
Apr 9, 9:19 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to IzanaSolos
You've seen people get isekai'd into another world as many things, from humans to slimes, but you've never seen someone get isekai'd as every isekai's first opponent: Goblins. Well, that's what happens in Kanekiru's Re:Monsters.

One day, Tomokui Kanata was stabbed and killed with a knife. When he woke up, he found himself reincarnated as a goblin infant in a different world, named Gobrou. Gobrou, along with Goblin Kichi, a physically strong goblin infant born at the same time, begins hunting together, taking down prey together. Meanwhile, a certain no message flows through Goblin Rou's mind... Adding Gobbi to their group, the three defeat enemies one after another. And by consuming the prey they obtained, Gobrou continues to acquire skills one after another.

So, he died because of a stalker, was reborn as a lowly Goblin, but with memories. Now, there's a pretty good chance that he's going to be an Overlord Goblin? And he's going to live life to its fullest, huh... The tough part about the Human Women was a horrifying fact, especially when he was human in his former life. His stalker friend must have been controlled or something, lol, a goblin. A goblin is better than a human except for the intelligence (and life span?), so I guess he's lucky to have kept his memories. He has to do whatever he can to survive... So, Gluttonous power-up, huh... Kill stronger monsters and eat them soon, hell of a lot of power... He got a fan, huh... And what a stronger prey is over Gobrou, the more abilities he is going to get when he eats them... interesting.

A more unique approach than most isekais, and while the premise seems pretty interesting, it's a pretty generic start. I can see it picking up though, so I'll stick around.
@IzanaSolos Yep very unique you’ve said it all let’s see what Tomokui Kanata aka Goburou or Rou will take us to on this isekai adventure

I could smell Tensei shitara slime datta ken/Rimuru all over this
Apr 9, 10:00 AM

May 2018
Reply to NoviSun
That was quite good, though I’d like to see more about the farming of the human females.
@NoviSun wtf dude.....
can't yuck my yum

Apr 9, 10:08 AM

May 2018
no, just no. what the fuck is this obsession with goblin rape (implied or not)? it doesn't make the content more edgy, and it certainly does not make it more real, because this is a piece of fiction based in a fictional world with fictional creatures. what a joke
can't yuck my yum

Apr 9, 11:57 AM
Jun 2012
Blasphemy that the green ones have yet to be purged from their nests.

On another note. This is great so far.

High production value in the fights and action sequences.

Good voice acting from the dub. A strong start overall.

Apr 9, 3:06 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
@NoviSun wtf dude.....
@Noelle43 I’m just a curious dude wanting to see how life goes as a goblin. Considering that humans don’t treat goblins very well, I think it’s fair play reverse the roles. Sort of like nature getting even.
Apr 9, 3:09 PM

Aug 2018
Reply to NoelleIsSleepy
no, just no. what the fuck is this obsession with goblin rape (implied or not)? it doesn't make the content more edgy, and it certainly does not make it more real, because this is a piece of fiction based in a fictional world with fictional creatures. what a joke
@Noelle43 I can blame the lads for wanting some of that goblin loving and goblin fine dining. Which cut do you figure is the best?
Apr 9, 7:23 PM
Mar 2021
Peak! Peak! Peak!
Apr 12, 10:34 AM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Nice start to the series, it's a shame that Goburo didn't investigate on human slaves
Apr 13, 8:34 AM

Nov 2015
the start of isekais are usually the strongest but i hope the show can keep my interest until the end. i liked the keeping track of the days, seems fun so far
Apr 13, 5:57 PM
Jan 2009
OK, so, at 9:00 he goes into the storeroom to look for materials to make weapons out of and...ignores the box full of swords? Really?
Apr 14, 10:24 PM
Mar 2019
This looks intriguing with the concept of eating to gain abilities. Makes it so that you are hungry for more variety of kills. Decent first episode.
Apr 15, 8:55 PM

Jul 2008
Yeah were just going to ignore all the sex slaves in the closet right?

He seems very comfortable being reborn as a goblin...
Apr 15, 10:55 PM

Feb 2016
Very good start for this anime.
Apr 17, 11:08 PM
Oct 2019
It's cool that the MC doesn't beat around the bush, he eats and eats, kills and kills
Apr 18, 4:29 AM
Sep 2021
So a human is isekaid/reincarnated into a goblin. Ok, quite interested to see how it goes forward.
Apr 23, 11:33 AM
Oct 2022
Anti anive & anti Idiot
Apr 23, 11:33 AM
Oct 2022
Anti anive & anti Idiot
May 22, 10:07 PM
Jul 2018
I first thought that this anime would be lame when I saw the cover art but this turned out actually fine.
May 24, 7:22 AM

Feb 2021
Lol, He reincarnate as a goblin XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jun 5, 6:28 PM

Nov 2019
Looks like this is a mix of slime, vending machine and sword reincarnation.
MC has a crazy op absorption skill and memories of his past life. In the first 30 days of life he already evolves as a hobogoblin with his comrade.

Enjoyable episode, I like how it is told in third person.
Jun 17, 6:48 AM

Jul 2017
Almost definitely not continuing this. Visuals, voice acting, and sound are not good. Overly gory. Rape is part of goblin society, which is creepy. Also, the main character is an elitist jerk. The opening and ending themes are good, but that's about it.

I might give it one more episode.
Jun 17, 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
starts off like a survival game lol

female prisoners reminded me a certain other series, but goblins there were more messed up

Jun 17, 4:14 PM
Jan 2023
RE:ALLY draws you in
Jun 20, 3:12 AM
Aug 2023
seems like a generic isekai. definitely will watch
Jun 23, 6:35 AM

Mar 2015
Goblins are usually the detestable species in isekai animes, but the story this time revolves around the goblin community. Can already picture the interactions they'll have with humans
Jul 5, 7:27 PM

Jun 2022
1) well , this atleast earned a 3 episode watch badge unlike unnamed memory .

2) kinda unclear , why did she killed him in the 1st place ? stalker or something
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 8

94 by clydexclyde »»
Sep 16, 4:46 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - May 6

89 by lasodamos »»
Aug 22, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 15

169 by Whoash »»
Aug 15, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

IzanaSolos - Jun 17

79 by Sats »»
Aug 9, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Re:Monster Episode 11 Discussion

IzanaSolos - Jun 10

45 by rnrb »»
Aug 2, 5:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.