Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 5, 11:51 PM

Apr 2015
This was a great fight, and damn Mash's father?!
I kinda expected this twist back when the first season ended but let's see how this is done.
Mar 10, 7:31 PM
Mar 2010
Mash proving himself again. Macaron sure is powerful.
Mar 11, 12:41 PM
Aug 2020
It is such a good show!!! Awesome lore reveal
Mar 18, 1:56 PM

Jun 2021
damn, this has become Hawk vs Brucks from the third season of Cobra Kai... and quickly. "It's Cobra Kai... no mercy." Oh no, wait, this "Brucks" had a reaction. For whom the bell tolls? Not for Mash.

What? Mash is the biological son of this guy?
Mar 19, 7:17 AM
Oct 2023
Now this episode is an actual battle! The stakes actually felt high and the fighting scenes were heavy! The explanation of sound was totally dope and something new to me that I appreciated and the ending had me surprised that not even Mash could handle such a time freeze lol. W episode completely XD
Mar 19, 4:42 PM
Jan 2023
Battle was very cool... ending is intriguing. What does Innocent Zero mean by calling Mash 'son'?... there's no way
Mar 19, 6:08 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to penguindrum264
@Niveen_Sleem

Macaron usually uses 'atashi' which is the feminine version of watashi that is used by girly girl characters and was historically used by women in Japan, but it's apparently not that common anymore.

The author said they're non-binary in the Q&A for Volume 9.

I doubt you care about these verifiable facts and I find it hilarious that you think that Japanese people care about English grammar.

Translators and fansubbers tend to do to opposite when it comes to pronouns,
they add gendered pronouns to phrases so it makes sense for English viewers.

Even old fansubs changed localized sentences so they made sense in English even if the meaning was lost even jokes.
The old fansubs used to add swear words that weren't even spoken by the seiyuu.

@penguindrum264 do you have a link for that Q&A? I'm not finding it.
Mar 19, 6:16 PM

Feb 2016
Reply to Neneaux
@Niveen_Sleem This is why the AI translations will be a net plus.
@Neneaux do you know anyone who's building the AI to do proper, non-political subtitles? Lol I'm learning French so I can get away from the English subs. Happy it's only the English subtitles they're screwing around with.
Mar 19, 9:24 PM
Oct 2022
Reply to Prisoner-24601
@Neneaux do you know anyone who's building the AI to do proper, non-political subtitles? Lol I'm learning French so I can get away from the English subs. Happy it's only the English subtitles they're screwing around with.
@Prisoner-24601 Real men learn Japanese to start bitching about the subs.
Mar 20, 4:35 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to HyperlinkBlocked
@Prisoner-24601 Real men learn Japanese to start bitching about the subs.
@HyperlinkBlocked lol I did learn some Japanese, but I'm doing the meme. French subtitles, raw Japanese. Double-up on my language skills.
Mar 25, 10:03 PM

Aug 2019
My son?? Wait I was not expecting that at all?
Mar 27, 12:58 AM
May 2021
very good ep i must say and a very fun anime overall
Apr 3, 7:18 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Finally beat Macaron but now Innoncent Zero is here, definitely creepy
Apr 5, 3:39 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to Niveen_Sleem
It so annoying referring to Macaron with they instead of he. It's exhausting to mentally proofread the episode as you watch. What are these translators doing. Can't they afford a reviewer?

Edit: just for people who can't read between the line and think I'm asking for real. This is a rhetoric question. I'm making fun of the stupid mutts who can't follow English grammar. I don't care if the character looks like a girl or wants to be a girl. It's a boy. You don't hire a seiyuu with one of the manliest voices in the industry for a character that is not a man. If anything and the translator want to play into the joke, they should have used "she." And I will still correct it to "he."
@Niveen_Sleem

There are "woke" people in every medium nowadays desperately still shoving the gender b.s. down our throats. Effing annoying. It was the one thing in this otherwise superb episode that was as stupid as hell.

Thankfully, the vast majority of people are against this b.s, which is why it is now slowly dying a still-too-annoying death.
WienGirlApr 5, 3:49 PM
Apr 5, 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to WienGirl
@Niveen_Sleem

There are "woke" people in every medium nowadays desperately still shoving the gender b.s. down our throats. Effing annoying. It was the one thing in this otherwise superb episode that was as stupid as hell.

Thankfully, the vast majority of people are against this b.s, which is why it is now slowly dying a still-too-annoying death.
@Raphaela28 And do you know what's more annoying? It would have been actually funnier to use the correct pronoun as it later turned out. Like this whole trope in Japanese anime is about a man with a heart of a woman, so the contrast is what makes the joke.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 5, 4:00 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to penguindrum264
@Niveen_Sleem

Macaron usually uses 'atashi' which is the feminine version of watashi that is used by girly girl characters and was historically used by women in Japan, but it's apparently not that common anymore.

The author said they're non-binary in the Q&A for Volume 9.

I doubt you care about these verifiable facts and I find it hilarious that you think that Japanese people care about English grammar.

Translators and fansubbers tend to do to opposite when it comes to pronouns,
they add gendered pronouns to phrases so it makes sense for English viewers.

Even old fansubs changed localized sentences so they made sense in English even if the meaning was lost even jokes.
The old fansubs used to add swear words that weren't even spoken by the seiyuu.

@penguindrum264 Amateurs don't get a say in the matter.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Apr 5, 4:11 PM
Jul 2019
Reply to Niveen_Sleem
@Raphaela28 And do you know what's more annoying? It would have been actually funnier to use the correct pronoun as it later turned out. Like this whole trope in Japanese anime is about a man with a heart of a woman, so the contrast is what makes the joke.
@Niveen_Sleem

An, but that would have required a translator with actual brain cells that aren't completely occupied with "How do I push more of my extreme left wing views that less than 1% of the planet believes on as many people as possible".

Can't have that now, can we! :)

Someone above also mentioned they're not jacking around with this stuff in French, only in English. I'll have to check the German subtitles when I get chance (I'm not German, but currently live in Austria and speak enough German to figure out the pronouns :).

Would doubt they've gone with "their" though in German, as most Austrians and Germans I know are as sick of the woke garbage coming out of the U.S. and the UK as I am. (I'm British-American, btw, so am allowed to slam both countries' wokesters at the same time :)
Apr 5, 4:32 PM

Jun 2015
Reply to WienGirl
@Niveen_Sleem

An, but that would have required a translator with actual brain cells that aren't completely occupied with "How do I push more of my extreme left wing views that less than 1% of the planet believes on as many people as possible".

Can't have that now, can we! :)

Someone above also mentioned they're not jacking around with this stuff in French, only in English. I'll have to check the German subtitles when I get chance (I'm not German, but currently live in Austria and speak enough German to figure out the pronouns :).

Would doubt they've gone with "their" though in German, as most Austrians and Germans I know are as sick of the woke garbage coming out of the U.S. and the UK as I am. (I'm British-American, btw, so am allowed to slam both countries' wokesters at the same time :)
@Raphaela28 More power to you. I'm always glad to meet sane people on the internet.
Apr 6, 4:42 AM
Jul 2019
Reply to Niveen_Sleem
@Raphaela28 More power to you. I'm always glad to meet sane people on the internet.
@Niveen_Sleem

Likewise :)
Apr 9, 9:00 AM
Aug 2022
oh noo i thought his overwhelming strength is the result of his daily 100 squat 100 pushup regimen.
Apr 14, 9:51 PM

Jul 2013
Mash won against the one with Dio's voice, but this one with Dio's powers of stopping time is just op af. Za warudo lol
Apr 15, 6:24 AM

Feb 2021
The way He win without using magic is really something else XD
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 20, 10:24 PM
Dec 2023
Once again this episodes shows that the author knows what he has created and sticks to it.
Apr 24, 1:12 PM

Dec 2022
Even Mash couldn't do anything about Innocent Zero's ability to freeze time, evidently.

Shaded Horizon

May 4, 7:08 PM
Jan 2021
Mash versus a guy who uses sound magic. Most people would think that Mash stands no chance against someone whose attacks are faster than sound, but they would all be WRONG.

Firstly, how in the world did Mash just use the ground as his own personal swimming pool?! Bro this guy is built DIFFERENT. And I didn’t know that Margarette had another form, or more specifically that he was hiding his true form (now he’s acting like he’s Frieza or Frost). Mash proves how much his muscles have surpassed magic.

Speaking of, I like how despite his secret being out Mash still names his moves as if he’s actually using magic, such as Spine Magic: Hell Fall and Quadriceps Magic: Guillotine Kick. These may not be magic, but they are definitely unique to Mash (like turning his wand into a F***ING tennis racket against Carpaccio).

Margarette’s sound traveling ability reminded me of Ichigo when he used Flash Step against Byakuya Kuchiki, but that didn’t save him from Mash’s wrath, especially considering that HE TOLD MASH HOW TO STOP HIS ULTIMATE SPELL!

And lastly, the leader of Innocent Zero refers to Mash as his son. If that’s the case, WHY DID HE ABANDON MASH TO BEGIN WITH IF HE’S NECESSARY FOR HIS PLAN?! AND WHY IS WAHLBERG ABLE TO MOVE WHEN EVERYONE ELSE IS FROZEN?!?!?!?

ARE WE ABOUT TO SEE WAHLBERG THROW DOWN?!
May 5, 8:01 PM
Apr 2024
Amazing, the cut-off at the end makes me want, and need more. I can't wait for the next English dub episode to come out
May 21, 9:03 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to Niveen_Sleem
It so annoying referring to Macaron with they instead of he. It's exhausting to mentally proofread the episode as you watch. What are these translators doing. Can't they afford a reviewer?

Edit: just for people who can't read between the line and think I'm asking for real. This is a rhetoric question. I'm making fun of the stupid mutts who can't follow English grammar. I don't care if the character looks like a girl or wants to be a girl. It's a boy. You don't hire a seiyuu with one of the manliest voices in the industry for a character that is not a man. If anything and the translator want to play into the joke, they should have used "she." And I will still correct it to "he."
@Niveen_Sleem Singular they is grammatically correct, even Shakespeare used it. Margarette Macaron is canonically non-binary, see volume 9 of the manga, straight from the author's pen
May 21, 9:06 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to CrazyButNot4U
Niveen_Sleem said:

@CrazyButNot4U Character limit words
May 21, 9:08 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to thepath
They/them pronoun. balalba so annoying

The guy look like male, just use male pronoun. Not hard. He is not an real person (or American) who get hurt by using "wrong" pronoun. If these subs were made 15 year ago I'm sure they will use male pronoun

@thepath Author of the manga said this in the 9th volume, stay mad
May 21, 10:12 AM

May 2012
Reply to TheGEORGIO
@thepath Author of the manga said this in the 9th volume, stay mad
@TheGEORGIO

How does that change anything I said ?!

Also, I'm pretty sure Japanese don't use this "they" pronoun sh*t.

And also using same pronoun for one non-binary person and multiple people is dumb, inefficient and sometimes causes confusion
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PWbS6Z1VxWk

thepathMay 21, 2:17 PM
May 21, 10:36 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to thepath
@TheGEORGIO

How does that change anything I said ?!

Also, I'm pretty sure Japanese don't use this "they" pronoun sh*t.

And also using same pronoun for one non-binary person and multiple people is dumb, inefficient and sometimes causes confusion
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/PWbS6Z1VxWk

@thepath The Japanese language doesn't have he or she either, it's an entirely agender language grammatically speaking. Singular they is entirely grammatically correct, even Shakespeare used it. Pretending that singular they is confusing when "what were they thinking" has been part of the general lexicon when referencing people of unknown genders isn't doing you any favors
May 21, 11:15 AM

Jun 2015
Reply to TheGEORGIO
@Niveen_Sleem Singular they is grammatically correct, even Shakespeare used it. Margarette Macaron is canonically non-binary, see volume 9 of the manga, straight from the author's pen
@TheGEORGIO Anyway, what is wrong is wrong.
May 23, 11:18 AM

Jan 2021
Innocent Zero? More like Innocent One
May 27, 3:48 PM

Mar 2013
I kinda expected more from the fight.
That reveal might explain the abnormal super physical strength of Mash
Jun 2, 5:43 PM
Aug 2021
I didn't expect that plot twist tbh. His dad is the leader of Innocent 0. I just assumed his parents had no relevance to the story. Since kids get abandoned all the time.
Jun 8, 8:50 AM
Jun 2022
First Deal Some Damage To Those 2 Nobodies Before U Spar With Grandpa , Zero.
Jun 10, 11:24 AM

May 2015
Macaron true form is even more gay then his "normal" form.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 23

79 by Zedricjohn123 »»
Jun 12, 10:04 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16

124 by Zedricjohn123 »»
Jun 12, 9:38 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 3

156 by Zedricjohn123 »»
Jun 12, 8:06 AM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 30

122 by KingBaller06 »»
Jun 9, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Mashle: Shinkakusha Kouho Senbatsu Shiken-hen Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 2

96 by Souiii »»
Jun 9, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.