Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 24, 5:54 AM

Oct 2016
About half the series is a recap at this point.
Feb 24, 7:41 AM
Aug 2020
CaptainKenshiro said:
About half the series is a recap at this point.

I’m disappointed

I accelerated when it was recap

I don’t understand

The manga is over, they are not One Piece !!!

They are losing points on my side…
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Feb 24, 7:46 AM
Sep 2015
If there's only one anime that need abridged version, it's this anime. Seriously, what's going on? Every episode is either full recap or half recap. The only episode that doesn't have any recap is the first episode.
Feb 24, 9:15 AM

May 2022
I have to say I’m really disappointed in this show because the potential is there for an excellent story but it’s now just flashbacks to earlier episodes. I literally just watched Shun peel an apple for grandma and make gratin for him and Daigo, that’s it for new content, oh yeah the set up for next week’s episode. Also Shun crying for 95% of the episode. I really can’t defend this show to my friends anymore. I’m going to finish it but at this point it’s certified trash.
Feb 24, 9:20 AM

Sep 2013
If this anime was 12 episodes without recap it would be a solid +7 for me, literally ruining it all.
Deep dark fantasies
Feb 24, 9:51 AM
May 2023
Whole episode was either recap or filler about him making a casserole. Looks like next week should be a good episode. I'm tired of them taking every opportunity to recap on something they've already recapped like 4 times now.
Feb 24, 1:01 PM

Feb 2019
Why is this show even 2 cours? We've had 2 recap episodes so far and all the "non-recap" episodes are actually a fourth to a half recap footage...
Feb 24, 1:13 PM
Jul 2022
Megumi no Daigo, Recap in Orange...Flashback in Orange...Extended Teary-eyed Close-up Shot in Orange. So frustrating.
Feb 24, 2:24 PM

Apr 2012
this ep was boring sh*t.
To err is human. To purr is feline (c)
Feb 24, 10:51 PM

Apr 2014
It looked like that everyone here thought the same thing. There were too many recaps for this series. When I said too much, I meant toooooo much. Like 90% of this episode were recaps. If this anime were more focused on the rescue missions, mission by mission without any recap, it would be better.
何それ?意味分かんない
Feb 24, 10:53 PM

Apr 2016
WTF is with this show? This ep was 90% recap even tho it should have been a normal ep. At this point not even 2x speed can make it watchable.

Feb 25, 5:30 AM

Oct 2011
recap and shun crying is always recipe for success lol

"When the time is yours,
the future is waiting,
The person you become,
and the people you're creating.
"
Feb 25, 10:40 AM

Dec 2015
Hilarious how they can use every opportunity to fit in more recap stuff. :D Though this episode felt pretty okay. Would have been better without all the other unnecessary recaps in the episode before: The two recap episodes (2nd one only a few episodes after the first one) and then the 2-3 minute recaps at the beginning of each episode where even at the beginning of the recap episode they started with recapping the episode before and then only going into the main recap.

Here we had stuff where it actually made sense for Shun to remember the old things. And without all the previous recaps I would have been glad about them putting older scenes into this here. Especially when watchign weekly. A lot of other anime make a sequel season years later not even explaining the basics about what previously happened. (Making it hard to watch without doing research first unless you want to rewatch the previous season fully.)

At least progress. Now Daigo needs to explain himself to Yuki. And maybe to his whole squad as well.

I guess Shun might later get into a position where he can coordinate/lead people. With Daigo and Yuki on the front. (Like the other - friend of the older Daigo - that is trying to recruit people. So far he did not notice anythign special about Shun though.)
Feb 28, 8:36 PM
Feb 2021
What is with the recaps?! We had two! Two recap episodes! We don't need more flashbacks! Jeeze!
Feb 29, 2:43 AM

Jul 2017
Manga: Long source material...
Anime: A rather short adaptation...

Scrap it, everyone is having a common thing: the anime's just bad at this point.

Shun talking to his ailing grandma about Daigo while making her apple rabbits, it's all recap material from past episodes about him and his work style. But the young man himself, he;s also at the hospital to see his mother, who's in a vegetative state for much of her life, and also of Yuki's family from the Hotel New Snysis incident, it was all his father's fault that caused them to lose their loved ones. And to heal himself...making his grandmother's gratin while crying his heart out, for him.

What's coming up next...I don't want to think of so much...

This episode's already .5 recap material, no debate about it.
Mar 5, 6:45 AM

Jan 2017
In here I don't mind the flashbacks since it had added depth to the entire episode and I don't really care about what others say about this anime but I like the Shun-Daigo tandem so much that I'm just happy they're having a meal together and being honest with each other.
Screw all the negative comments on this show 🙄😜
Mar 5, 7:13 PM

Mar 2019
How much flashbacks... :v
Other than that, it's very interesting that Daigo and Yuki's misfortunes are connected. :'3
Mar 15, 10:00 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Still interesting to see Shun being aware of Daigo's past and everything related to Yuki... the rescue at the very end looks hardcore with all the electricity
Apr 3, 3:44 AM
Dec 2022
The shortest recap in the beginning only to be given more flashbacks in between though it is refreshing to see recap less than 2 minutes. Determined to see it through.
Apr 14, 7:19 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
This is just a recap with some new scene adding

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 27

11 by ZonaMana »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 23 Discussion

ropiel - Mar 23

28 by MishterMann17 »»
May 4, 3:46 PM

» Did this series do well in Japan + any chance of 2nd season?

Lylaaz - Apr 16

4 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 9 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 25, 2023

12 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 13 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 6

15 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 13, 9:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.