Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Apr 13, 4:03 AM
Aug 2023
Awesome episode as usual, truly, but I want to talk about something else...

Regarding Fern, and Fern x Stark ship...every time Fern distrusts Stark or thinks ill of him without good reason (which is most of the time, ever since they met), I despise her a little more. Lots of commenters say it's because she likes him, they're going to end up in a ship...yeah I get that, that seems to be the trope-y thing that'll happen. However I think they're terrible for each other.

Stark keeps asking her if she's mad at him (because she is), and he even starts apologizing when not even knowing what he did wrong (he did nothing wrong). That is NOT a good basis for a ship. Furthermore Fern's distrust of Stark is antagonistic to the fundamental theme of his character. Stark's theme is nearly everybody thinks ill or little of him, which is detrimental to his character. Even he himself thinks he's much weaker than he actually is. He think Eisen hit him out of anger, while it was actually out of fear. He thinks Eisen doesn't think he's worthy because Eisen has never praised him, but Eisen believes Stark's stronger than himself even. I could go on and on with the examples. The difference between all these examples with Fern's mistreatment of Stark is the examples all have an element of an innocent misunderstanding, but Fern's disdain for Stark in the moment are always real. There's no innocent misunderstanding, she really thinks he's a pervert or some other non-sense, and it always is non-sense, unfair, or wrong. Fern is no different than the people who actually had ill-will against Stark, like his father who deemed Stark worthless. That's why Fern's not a good ship with Stark on the fundamental theme level. She never had faith in him in the first place, and even if she changes to respect him later, it won't change that fact. The Stark's theme isn't about convincing others their judgement on him was wrong, his theme's goal is about perseverance despite the obstacles, seeing himself as worthy, and knowing there were people who believed in him from the start (Eisen, his brother, Frieren, etc. but definitely not Fern). Once Stark attains his thematic goal, he should be no longer asking what he did wrong, nor apologizing to Fern because Fern with her distrust and ill-will was an obstacle to Stark's self-worth. Think about that, Fern has always been consistently attacking Stark's self-worth most of the time with all these distrust or "you pervert" moments. She did have moments where she'd second guess, but she hasn't stopped yet, have she?
Apr 14, 11:50 AM
Mar 2024
anime is great in every way
Apr 19, 12:25 AM
Oct 2022
He fails to communicate nothing with gestures. This time they gave him a break and decided to call him fake instead of corrupt. Proof? At this point in the story it has already been winter for six months and they are in the middle of a raging blizzard. it seems they might have been so obsessed with having lots of time pass that they forgot to make time pass. Allegedly she smells nice not sure how it exactly. She is the pervert at this point. He pulled The heroes sword. Monsters have instincts to destroy items that might endanger them. He did not pull the hero sword. You aren’t a fake hero if you are the hero of the whole world. She is grateful as hell. A concept that has not yet been confirmed whether or not it exists. Birthday Dong. According to her, he has never ran away from a fight. Are we supposed to believe this? He does not consider food to be a gift. 2
Apr 20, 11:40 AM
Apr 2022
Stark, my man ... you're a warrior :)
Apr 22, 6:30 PM

Feb 2021
Men always wrong :)
- Mal-Badge -

Level 25
Ranked 1135
Last update : 27.02.2022 at 05:50

My Candies :

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

May 6, 11:34 PM
Dec 2023
stark is so based fr
May 8, 5:31 PM

Nov 2023
Happy birthday to Stark! He had a really good brother bruh!!! RIP
May 8, 6:34 PM
Apr 2024
An anime that deserves the highest rating
May 9, 11:23 AM

Apr 2013
What's with Fern calling him a perv that much this episode? I guess he wasn't allowed to carry Frieren because Fern would get jealous. We also got some Stark backstory, the flashbacks are always well placed in the show.
May 11, 10:19 PM

Jul 2021
An interesting villlage so far up north. I wonder how they have survived so long, i suspect it must be very tough though they were quite kind and i find it very funny how the chief is a little girl. The tale of Himmel being the one to pull out the hero sword honestly made me very happy but learning that he didnt actually pull out the sword made me kind of sad, but him still being postive about being the one to slay the demon king made me happy, hes a true hero in my eyes.

The fight against those wolf monster things was nice and Stark was putting in work with his axe spinning around and slicing and dicing. That lord of the mountain was quite cool and the fight against it was nice.

Starks 18 birthday Frieren reminding Fern was quite nice and Frieren saying she already had present was kind of her and it being a potion that dissolves clothes was quite funny, Fern pouring it on Frieren was funny and Fern being thoughtful about what to get him was nice of her. Stark helping out all those people in the village was quite kind of him and then Fern finding him pointing out clouds that looked like poop or boobs was funny.

Starks backstory was sad and seeing him being called the failure of his family made me sad but it was nice of his brother to look out for him and train him and cook him that meal for his birthday just like Eisen and Frieren.

May 13, 2:16 PM
Jan 2022
Ok episode tbh it was m just ok
May 21, 2:36 AM
Mar 2021
Fern is annoying as hell.
May 21, 12:06 PM
Aug 2021
very enjoyable episode
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2023

271 by LeCyyy »»
6 hours ago

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 28 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 22

822 by Seruroku »»
Yesterday, 4:19 PM

Poll: » Sousou no Frieren Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Sep 29, 2023

585 by BlueSnow93 »»
Yesterday, 4:14 PM

Poll: » "Sousou no Frieren" Adult Adaptation has been announced ( 1 2 )

deg - May 16

53 by Ionliosite2 »»
Yesterday, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Will Season 2 be just as good?

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

29 by Pinoffin »»
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.