Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2023 4:48 AM
Aug 2020
this episode was amazing, so many emotions, the work of the studio is really great

i was really afraid for Onoda, i was ready to lose hime so early in the show...

we need more great anime like this one...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 28, 2023 5:31 AM
Sep 2015
In isekai term, it's almost as if God gives Daigo a cheating firefighting skill. He's not just born to be firefighter, he was made for it, his body, his mental, his very existence...

Meanwhile it's actually Onoda that save the whole team from building collapse, so the lesson of the story is that, no matter how big or how small your contribution to the team is, everything counts!
Oct 28, 2023 10:33 AM

Mar 2019
Rescue completed successfully!
Daigo is an example of courage and recklessness hehe.🧑‍🚒
Oct 28, 2023 2:52 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
I was on the edge of my seat hoping that they will rescue the survivor and they managed to get him out before the building collapsed with no causalities. Next episode will feature Daigo's backstory and his reason for becoming a firefighter.
Oct 28, 2023 4:52 PM
Aug 2021
That pillar went from being maybe 8ft wide to 15ft.
Oct 28, 2023 4:53 PM
Aug 2021
otakuweek said:
this episode was amazing, so many emotions, the work of the studio is really great

We've seen the big season end game rescue so we know he's going to survive.
Oct 28, 2023 10:02 PM

Sep 2021
This season has two shows that have me on the edge of my seat every episode. One is a horror show about murderous ghosts and curses. The other one is about everyday firefighting & rescue. But I guess that is why it's so intense!

Poor Nakamura certainly feared she'd set a death flag for Shun there ^^' And it was really cool to see the daughter of the ramen chef. The execution of this show (aside from the recap and some medicore animation) is just great.

I'm glad everyone got out just fine. But I'm not sure this will always be the case...
Oct 28, 2023 10:16 PM

Oct 2022
Dislocating his shoulder in order to get to the victim endangers both their lives. And Onoda not saying anything about the wall endangered everybody

But hey, all's well that ends well right?
Oct 29, 2023 9:54 AM
Aug 2020
Reply to StarZone1
otakuweek said:

We've seen the big season end game rescue so we know he's going to survive.
@StarZone1 even if i knew, i was so into it that i was not thinking about that...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 29, 2023 12:37 PM
Dec 2019
Do they purposefully try to make me hate Shun, or is this simply shoddy writing? That he puts his back against the wall to balance it is ok. That he doesn't tell his team that a wall directly behind them is in danger of collapsing is retarded. And in between they frequently show Yuki, who got fucked over because that waste of space Shun got the job and she didn't. Not sure what the author's intentions are here.
SylverthasOct 29, 2023 12:42 PM
Oct 29, 2023 8:50 PM

May 2022
This show has been a big surprise for me. 5 episodes in and I’m loving it. Daigo doing whatever it takes to rescue survivors along with some brief flashbacks has me feeling next week’s episode is going to show something tragic must have happened to him. I can’t wait for Yuki to join Daigo and Shun, hopefully there will be a spot in the same unit.
Oct 29, 2023 11:08 PM

Jan 2017
Dang I cried at the part where Shun reassured the 252 that everything's going to be alright. This anime owed me a lot of tears already :')
Oct 31, 2023 7:44 PM

Aug 2019
I don’t know how Daigo was able to do all of that.
Nov 4, 2023 3:34 AM

Sep 2013
Another very good episode, i loved seeing the perspective of the survivor, it seems to be true what Shun said about the fact the people they save are part of themself from that point, 252 and Daigo have that strange connection now, full of respect and gratefulness, the broth part almost made me let a tear

I'll keep saying it 6.79 for this anime as a general rating is quite sad to see,
Deep dark fantasies
Nov 11, 2023 11:28 PM

Jul 2017
Daigo dislocating his arm just to slip into the tight crevice to save the 252 who has his left arms spliced by the rebar, it's a reckless endeavor, but not all that surprising as Shun finds out to be. Sure, it puts an enormous strain on Daigo, but the rescue has to be done with the utmost minimum of damage, given the building's very bare resistance to collapse at any time.

Daigo, in full hesitation, restarts the cut slowly as all forces are pinned on Daigo to secure the 252 out, as Shun faces a probable wall collapse that could spell the death of not just the 252, but his teammate as well. The duty is done, and the casualty can finally be pulled out. Shun is still in danger from the wall, and Sergeant Yamagami drags him out of the building.

Everyone is saved, but what about Daigo?
Jan 15, 4:16 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was very tense, Daigo didn't break his arm for nothing and the old man got saved!
Mar 29, 4:01 AM
Dec 2022
Who is the braver of the two -Daigo or Shun? Looking at things, both are just as brave and crazy when it comes to search and rescue. Shun proves his place in the rescue squad despite being a newbie.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 16 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jan 27

11 by ZonaMana »»
May 8, 9:45 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 23 Discussion

ropiel - Mar 23

28 by MishterMann17 »»
May 4, 3:46 PM

» Did this series do well in Japan + any chance of 2nd season?

Lylaaz - Apr 16

4 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 11:31 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 9 Discussion

otakuweek - Nov 25, 2023

12 by WestOnAndrewAve »»
Apr 18, 4:21 PM

Poll: » Megumi no Daigo: Kyuukoku no Orange Episode 19 Discussion

CaptainKenshiro - Feb 24

19 by Destroyer31 »»
Apr 14, 7:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.