Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 20, 2023 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
I often see fans of Wonder Egg Priority say this episode should be avoided, because it ends inconclusively. I find myself confused by such statements, as none of the other episodes end conclusively either. One would not watch Wonder Egg Priority at all if this logic is to be taken seriously.
その目だれの目?
Aug 20, 2023 6:53 AM

Jan 2017
Lucifrost said:
I find myself confused by such statements, as none of the other episodes end conclusively either.

If i remember correctly , peoples were already exasperated by the non-ending of Episode 12.
This Special Episode was supposed to the one that finish everything , but it finally did not.

It's not that it's worse than the others , but that it did not meet the expectations of a final episode. (+ A large part of it is a recap of the 12 Episodes TV Series that finished airing less than 3 months prior to it)
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Aug 20, 2023 7:33 AM

Aug 2022
1. It's mostly a recap of previous eps.
2. It was marketed as the series finale, which means everyone expected a satisfactory ending that tied everything together and answered all questions we had up to that point. And the episode failed to do any of that.
Aug 20, 2023 7:43 AM

Aug 2021
Expectations. That's what usually leads to a downfall...

But really as was stated already, people didn't mind the other episodes being inconclusive, cuz they expected it to at least have some conclusion at the end of the series. It did not. This is a special that was supposed to be the peak of the show, where everything would come together and make sense, yet they only made a bigger mess of it. Not to mention it was advertised as a 40 minutes special, and so you'd think that's a lot of time left to wrap a story up, right? We're in for a big ride, right? Well not if you use half of it for a recap noone actually needed and the other half to rise more questions and answer none of them.
Aug 20, 2023 8:54 AM
Jun 2022
1st: more than like half of the episode was recape

2nd: the ending was very weak and was not satifactory

The anime was very good only the ending was not convincing for me
Aug 20, 2023 1:06 PM

May 2018
Introduces random plot lines despite being the finale, in addition to not explaining anything it just makes everything more confusing
⚠ This user has received numerous reports of abuse and harassment. Please report any guideline violations to MAL staff.
Aug 20, 2023 5:03 PM
Jun 2016
It’s the fact that they hyped it up as an hour long series finale when in reality it was a recap episode (the second one of the 13 episode run) and what is very obviously a lead-in to a season 2, that ultimately leads to nothing. If you isolate the new events of this episode and just view them as you would if you were watching the next regular episode, everything makes sense in the context of the show. The characters achieved their initial goal but with unexpected side effects, lost Neiru, and ended up going their separate ways for a while while the threat of Frill still loomed. Then at the end we get Ai ready to jump back in and get the gang back together, but instead they were just like “lol jk this is the end byeeee :)”

You cannot convince me that there were not originally plans for a second season or at least another cour. The set up following the regular 12 episodes was perfect and I genuinely think this could have been one of the best modern series had it followed through with a second season and managed to stick the landing. However, due to Who-The-Fuck-Knows, we did not get that.

As a standard episode, it’s absolutely fine. Good, even. The plot continues in an organic manner and, as I said before, sets up the next arc. As a series finale? It’s fucking awful garbage. It concludes nothing. Which is a damn shame because I would love to see where this story went from where we’ve left off. But I highly doubt that we’ll ever be granted a satisfying conclusion
Aug 21, 2023 1:54 AM
Jun 2019
The "finale" episode was more than 50% recap and still offered no conclusion.Itt was terrible.
Aug 22, 2023 8:13 AM
Mar 2021
half of it was recap, and on top of that we got an open ended ending dreaming a second d season that we'll probably never get
Aug 23, 2023 11:57 AM

Feb 2022
probably because it's some finale but doesn't have the impact of one pero~
Aug 26, 2023 11:53 AM

Aug 2020
Lucifrost said:
I often see fans of Wonder Egg Priority say this episode should be avoided, because it ends inconclusively. I find myself confused by such statements, as none of the other episodes end conclusively either. One would not watch Wonder Egg Priority at all if this logic is to be taken seriously.

It was mostly recap and nothing made sense at the end and left more questions than answers
Aug 27, 2023 2:14 PM

Jul 2015
Half of it is a recap and the rest did not answered and questions, but raised more.
The only way to redeem it is through a sequel.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wonder Egg Priority Special Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 29, 2021

321 by Kizuki01 »»
May 20, 1:40 AM

» So what disappointed you the most? ( 1 2 )

Tweaks - Jul 1, 2021

59 by abystoma2 »»
Jan 15, 2023 2:18 PM

» Really hoping this gets a sequel at some point

APolygons2 - Oct 6, 2022

8 by daff-quess »»
Oct 8, 2022 8:18 PM

» Change the Entry Picture request

RandomGuyScott - Aug 23, 2022

17 by pri_arts_ »»
Aug 24, 2022 8:16 AM

» So is this it, is the series over?

removed-user - Jul 8, 2021

11 by aku_mado »»
May 9, 2022 3:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.