Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 12, 2023 10:11 AM
Jun 2023
Vinland Saga. My brother loved this show and recommended it to me but after I watched both seasons, I couldn't care much for the events that took place nor for any characters in the series. Season 2 had more efforts for character growth but it didnt make me care at all by the end, especially for the side characters like Einar or Arnheid that season.
Jul 12, 2023 10:55 AM

Aug 2014
For me:
Black Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall (Black Rock Shooter fan here and I was very very excited for a new series, but it was so boring.)

Chainsaw man (while it was still just the beginning arcs, it didn't impress me as much as I hoped. I read the manga a couple years before the anime so I knew what was going to happen.)

Jojo part 6 (my favorite manga part at that, just the anime didn't do it for me)

AOT final season(s)

Gundam Witch From Mercury (I didn't hate it, but was still disappointing for a new Gundam timeline with a super fast pacing issue.)

Nier Automata (I feel this was made mainly for people who knows what goes on in the game so not a good place to get into the universe of Nier Automata. Has its good parts like new lore expansions, but its production has been a mess and the main story's pace is terrible and with only 12 episodes, I don't know how they will pull off the rest of the story without needing to skip so much.)

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans (This was so disappointing I ended up hating it)
Jul 12, 2023 11:12 AM

Aug 2016
Disappointment because of my own hype for sequel:

Between One Punch Man 2 and GiTS:SAC 2045

Disappointment of a new anime:

Kabaneri

Hard to say really which one people hyped, that I bought into the hype with me not questioning the synopsis/tags/whatever, and then got disappointed. I guess

Ousama Ranking or Tokyo Ghoul (via manga talk)
MechKingKillbotJul 12, 2023 11:15 AM
Jul 12, 2023 1:00 PM
Sep 2022
For me, A show that was like hyped up but was dissapointing was, well, there's three for me, Jujutsu Kaisen Season 1 was just kinda meh and it doesn't deserve the rating it has, Demon Slayer is another one, for how hyped it was, it was also kinda meh and finally, oh boy I'm about to get flamed aren't I but One Piece, now trust me I really like One Piece(I've watched 840 eps rn) but to be honest, the fans hype it up like its the word of God or some shit, I gave it like an 8/10(rn, it might change) but with how slow it is, the fans don't talk about the the negative's at all and only list the positive's.
Jul 12, 2023 1:06 PM

Feb 2020
For shows that people hyped a lot I would say Uramichi Oniisan or Watamote. Both of which I found very unfunny and hard to sit through episodes without getting bored. 

The show I find the most disappointing of all though is 22/7. While this was not an anime hyped by anyone outside of idol spaces, I was personally very excited for it! I had waited months, watched (and loved) the short OVAs, and adored a lot of the singles already put out. It was supposed to be an idol show with a melancholic twist, but I ended up not liking most of it. Now when I'm excited for upcoming shows I have to remind myself that they could totally flop and to lower my expectations. 
Jul 12, 2023 1:48 PM

Aug 2015
Oh, this is really interesting.

Tbh mine is probably From the New World/Shinsekai Yori. Everyone I knew that had seen it had hyped it up as one of the best shows ever and exactly to my taste and I was just so bored by it. I watched the first third of it or so like 8 times over the years before finally deciding to give up πŸ˜…
꧁•βŠΉΩ­π™Έ 𝚜𝚎𝚎 πšŒπš˜πš•πš˜πš›πšœ πš’πš— πš πš˜πš›πšπšœ; 𝙸'πš•πš• πšπš›πšŠπš  πš™πš’πšŒπšπšžπš›πšŽπšœ πšπš˜πš› 𝚒𝚘𝚞.٭⊹•κ§‚

Jul 12, 2023 6:43 PM

Jul 2021
For me Definitely Bocchi The Rock. I have seen many people praise this anime like the BEST ANIME EVER. I like some cute girls doing cute things anime, but giving bocchi the rock 9/10 or masterpiece is just too over hype for me! I watched the whole series and its exactly just cute girls doing cute things we have seen 100 times in other anime! there is nothing really special in this anime, Its not bad its just over hype.
Jul 13, 2023 12:05 PM
Oct 2022
Ventus_S said:
TRC_Randy said:
which one you mean this year or the past one year?
Forgot to add the s, basically any year :>
What about non-shounens, were they good anime adaptations, not based on quantity over quality?
Jul 13, 2023 12:18 PM

Jul 2017
I'd say the one that really had that disappointing, sinking feeling with the hype letdown is Tower of God. I absolutely loved the manhwa when it was releasing and saw the anime trailer and thought it had the potential to be great if the staff did it justice, especially since they wanted to have WEBTOON anime be successful then. Even the thought of this getting an anime was a welcome surprise. I even remembered the first episode airing the day I moved to a new apartment and I was rushing through to get all my stuff at the new place on time so that I wouldn't be spoiled by notifications or any screenshots online for the episode. Was a little late that day but I survived.

I know a lot of people hated the art but I did like the comic book feel the art gave me, but the pacing was rough, some stuff was a bit messy with how it was handled writing-wise and the final test for season 1, just felt like a mess because of how rushed it was with so many elements going on. The earlier tests were paced more smoothly because they either lasted minimal time or were very simple, but for that last test, it had like 20 different things going on per episode it felt like. And while the art style was fine for me personally, the animation definitely was inconsistent. Good at times, lacking in others alongside mediocre direction as a whole. A lot of that hype going into the show, with how much the series was struggling while airing, led to a lot of toxic discussions too online with so many people really pissed off about the series, whether it was new viewers or even fans of the manhwa seeing some material not be adapted properly. It's an anime I can definitely rewatch with ease but it's far from what I hoped it would and could have been.

Season 2 is coming soon but that hype I had before season 1, has now turned to full caution and reservations for season 2. That experience probably stands out the most.
Jul 14, 2023 3:23 AM

Mar 2023
Demon Slayer, Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man.
e
Jul 14, 2023 2:40 PM

Feb 2022
No game no life

This have lots of members and rating above 8 but this was a disappointment. I see many people who liked this a lot and nothing against them, it just wasn't for me. I couldn't connect with the MC guy. It was one of the show where you liked side character more then protagonist. Story and character were not for me but I liked the visual in it, it was little different.
[/url]
Jul 14, 2023 4:39 PM

Oct 2017
Btw I would like to add one more on my list.

Overlord was insanely popular throughout every seasons of its run time but for me the story is very boring. It's just One Punch Man but without the comedy aspect.
Most of the run time is Einz pretends to be weak, and turns out he's the most op guy and one shot the opponent.
Only the final fight is a bit more interesting, and ironically i heard that season 1 final encounter = his comrade is actually the strongest opponent throughout 3 seasons already, and the rest of the seasons pretty much repeat the same cycle of mc being overly cautious -> turns out all his opponents are pathetically weak compare to him , so i didnt bother to continue season 2 or season 3.
Not to mention the characters are very one dimensional and boring too. All Einz followers are just hopelessly in love/ admire Einz and treat human like scum and that's about it. 
They're super one dimensional , tropey and soulless. 

I heard the light novel is better but i didnt read it, only judge the anime.
Jul 14, 2023 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
Dr stone
Bleach
Black clover
Anohana
Komi-san
Jul 14, 2023 4:52 PM

Oct 2019
it's the promised neverland season 2, and calling it a disappointment is a huge understatement.
Also available at:
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK8spdL1M_J-z0vO2C7jPLw
Second Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AshPolygonsDo/videos
Why You Should Watch Akudama Drive: https://youtu.be/Yw0r52wRjgA
A Love Letter To Animeγ€ŒAMV」: https://youtu.be/YQyqxFM2m9Q

My referral code to a website/app that gives you free money (a few cents a day) by using a few megabytes of your internet for file sharing. We both get a bonus if you use my link: https://r.honeygain.me/ARSHIA7942
Jul 14, 2023 4:56 PM

Oct 2017
APolygons2 said:
it's the promised neverland season 2, and calling it a disappointment is a huge understatement.
This too XD
I didn't even read manga of the later part so could have been a wild ride if they adapt it faithfully. 
Jul 14, 2023 5:04 PM

Feb 2022
Mashle
Angel Next Door
Komi Can't Communicate
Jul 14, 2023 5:14 PM

Apr 2022
jigokuraku was painfully disappointing. after reading the manga, honestly thought that adaptation was gonna be an 8 or 9/10.
Jul 15, 2023 8:50 AM
Apr 2023
I actually like chainsaw man a lot, i read all latest manga chapter. even today.

but somehow the anime is a bit disappointing. honestly i don't know where the animation failed me.
i even don't finish the anime episode.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» 6+ Rating or Higher Anime that you don't remember

JaaShooUhh - 10 hours ago

4 by Mayahuel »»
17 minutes ago

» Anime fans ,how do u feel about slice of life anime???

Animystics - Yesterday

33 by ZXEAN »»
21 minutes ago

» Which is the correct anime consumption posture?

SgtBateMan - Yesterday

13 by Kwanthemaster »»
1 hour ago

» What Anime has the most genres & themes?

Zarutaku - Jun 11

10 by Zarutaku »»
1 hour ago

» Anime and Manga might be the worst medium ever at judging attractiveness.

isseixkoneko - Jun 13

18 by APolygons2 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.