Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 17, 2023 2:20 AM

Oct 2012
AshitaNoJonas said:
What advice can you give a guy who is too ugly for online dating, doesn't have (real-life) friends, and has no female coworkers?
Are you ugly because you're disfigured, or average and lack confidence? You can take care of acne with a good face wash regimen, get into shape with exercise and lifting weights, get a good haircut that highlights your features and work on your grooming (hair, not children). There's no reason why anyone should just resign to being "ugly". If you have no real life friends, then why not make some? If you're socially awkward, then work on it. Like everything else, being social takes practice. Put yourself into social situations, make small talk with a cashier when it's not busy, etc. You can go to Meetup.com and find a group. Find a hobby and find locals to participate. You can go to church even if you're not religious. Unless you live in a rural area, there are usually tons of activities. Most public colleges don't have rules against the public participated in school clubs (that don't take place in campus buildings). For example, dance and culture clubs often occur in parking garages or the gym, in which you could get a membership.

Honestly, to get a girlfriend and keep her long term, you have to gain some finesse in social situations, so I suggest you make some friends first before you focus on romance. You don't have to be a social butterfly, but you should be comfortable keeping a conversation when you need to. If you have a good personality that disarms people, make them feel relaxed and comfortable around you, make them laugh, then no one is going to call you ugly.
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Aug 17, 2023 5:09 AM
Jul 2018
katsucats said:
AshitaNoJonas said:
What advice can you give a guy who is too ugly for online dating, doesn't have (real-life) friends, and has no female coworkers?
Are you ugly because you're disfigured, or average and lack confidence? You can take care of acne with a good face wash regimen, get into shape with exercise and lifting weights, get a good haircut that highlights your features and work on your grooming (hair, not children). There's no reason why anyone should just resign to being "ugly". If you have no real life friends, then why not make some? If you're socially awkward, then work on it. Like everything else, being social takes practice. Put yourself into social situations, make small talk with a cashier when it's not busy, etc. You can go to Meetup.com and find a group. Find a hobby and find locals to participate. You can go to church even if you're not religious. Unless you live in a rural area, there are usually tons of activities. Most public colleges don't have rules against the public participated in school clubs (that don't take place in campus buildings). For example, dance and culture clubs often occur in parking garages or the gym, in which you could get a membership.

Honestly, to get a girlfriend and keep her long term, you have to gain some finesse in social situations, so I suggest you make some friends first before you focus on romance. You don't have to be a social butterfly, but you should be comfortable keeping a conversation when you need to. If you have a good personality that disarms people, make them feel relaxed and comfortable around you, make them laugh, then no one is going to call you ugly.

I mean ofc, some of these tips are good, but it sounds really draining.
You lot of people don't have the

Also hairstyles are not really important. If someone finds you less attractive because of another hairstyle, they are bit of an idiot, and you are only attracting superficial women, when they are just attracted to you, if you are super fit.
I'd never go weightlifting or exercising just for my partner and do some minimal exercising for myself to have a good posture and be healthier.

It's the same with "you only can keep a girlfriend long-term, when gaining finesse in social situations". A woman like that can leave on her own.
That way you will only attract people, who are falling for superficial charme, and I can do that indeed, when I need to, say at a presentation. In a very intimitate relationship I don't want be expected being a different person.
What you are describing is not a good personality, it's a facade of a good personality.

And I'm also not comfortable with keeping a conversation going, if I'm not "clicking" with that person. Instead of forcing an awkward situation on people, I just say that I have no intent in keep the conversation going... or I dunno just don't otherwise, which maybe needs more social competence than just doing what is expected of you. ^^'
Don't force people to learn smalltalk, if they don't want to.
I even tell my boss sometimes I'm not feeling like smalltalk right now, because I'm focusing on something, at first he was bit puzzled, now he's appreciating my effiency, both socially and work-related and learned to do the same lol.
On the other hand when I do smalltalk, people know I actually want to.

Looking out for people meeting in hobbies is one thing, but don't teach people to carry themselves differently.
Also one's man's trash is another man's treasure you know. You exactly know when someone really loves to talk to someone at that moment, the same you exactly know when someone is just putting up a "I learned how to do that"-mask, when you pay attention to their behavior.
removed-userAug 17, 2023 5:18 AM
Aug 17, 2023 5:58 AM

Dec 2014
I met my now husband 10 years ago on a dating website called plenty of fish we now have a 16 month old son together
Aug 17, 2023 8:00 AM

Dec 2021
My last girlfriend was and still is my coworker.

I don’t recommend it, because once you break up you still have to see them everyday and here daily updates on their life.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Do you think we will have Terminator-like robots or will we have Detroit Become Human-like robots in the future?

Absurdo_N - 3 hours ago

3 by deg »»
30 minutes ago

» Favorite places in Japan(to thos who have been to Japan) and where would you like to visit in the future when you go again? ( 1 2 )

KiraraFan - May 7

58 by MalchikRepaid »»
45 minutes ago

» Vent thread. ( 1 2 )

Spooks - Oct 7, 2013

90 by Mirania »»
55 minutes ago

Poll: » Which of these 6 things matters most to you?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

29 by traed »»
1 hour ago

» Anime convention stories

PAPOrr - Apr 19, 2023

11 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.