Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 6, 2023 11:24 AM

Dec 2016
It was an ok start.

Can't say much, it's just another typical show from GoRa.
Jul 6, 2023 3:56 PM

Mar 2008
Hm too early to judge this show I feel.

LogicLady said:
GangsterCat said:
hey it's Yukito and Mitama again
Can somebody clarify- is this or is this not actually related to KamiKatsu? Seems too much to be coincidence but the story is totally different.

No, it's just Japanese cultural stuff.
https://www.japanesewiki.com/Shinto/Aratama%20and%20Nikitama.html

For KamiKatsu I suspect Mitama is meant to be a representation of Ukanomitama because Ukanomitama is associated with Dakiniten / Inari
https://www.japanesewiki.com/Shinto/Ukanomitama.html
https://www.japanesewiki.com/Buddhism/Dakiniten.html
https://www.japanesewiki.com/Shinto/the%20god%20Inari.html
traedJul 6, 2023 4:00 PM
Jul 6, 2023 5:52 PM

May 2019
Good start. 

I like the overall atmosphere of the island, it gave me the feels. Reminds me of Princess Mononoke. That aside, the scenes themselves were all individually well composed; managed to avoid boring me and some of them were overalll, really interesting.

Also did a good job of getting me interested in the main character, his back story and what appears to be the story of him learning to master his powers by fighting these ayakashi.

I like the pacing as well… overall, I’d say it was good.

Between this and JJK this seasons off to a good start.
Jul 7, 2023 2:53 PM
May 2016
Hope it gets a bit better in the next 2 episodes, so far it's just insanely basic characters with 0 personality, basic MC with 0 brain cells, extremely predictable "thought" and action pattern, side character acting exactly like "that blond kid in class with a lot of information about everything acting happy all the time"
The mom is... appalling
Jul 7, 2023 7:50 PM
Jul 2021
Utter trash. You've seen this a million times "average dipshit finds out he's actually awesome". But this is way worse than most. Boring art, more boring characters. No charm or likeability to be found anywhere.

If this is good enough for you...is there anything that isn't?
Jul 8, 2023 4:39 AM
Apr 2023
Excited for the next episode 😆
Jul 9, 2023 12:07 PM
Dec 2021
The MC is kinda lame and the green haired dude is way to narcissistic as his opening impression
Jul 9, 2023 8:53 PM
Oct 2018
skyUFO said:
Seemed like another weirdly written anime. None of the characters feel like humans, and the episode had too much flashy action in it that was just yelling "Look, this anime will be so cool with this kind of stuff coming too". And yeah, the character designs seemed like something taken straight form a BL.
"taken straight from a BL"? What exactly is BL char designs? Colorful hair? Many male chars? What, I really didnt get that
Jul 12, 2023 4:55 AM
Jan 2021
GangsterCat said:

I tried ti find this comment XD another Yukito and Mitama
Jul 18, 2023 10:56 AM
Oct 2019
Jaksh said:
GangsterCat said:

I tried ti find this comment XD another Yukito and Mitama
mitama is apparently actually part of japanese folklore/mythology, but idk why yukito keeps appearing with mitama. and yes, i understand you're both referring to the godless world show recently. but what is the significance to "yukito and mitama" beyond just these two anime is what i'm wondering
Jul 18, 2023 11:21 AM
Oct 2019
eh, it was ok. nothing amaing. mc seems kind of lame. don't think i'll be liking him. but the other disciples could be rather interesting, so there's hope
Jul 24, 2023 1:00 PM
Jun 2022
Keeps the viewers in suspense with a few lingering questions about how the storyline could progress.

Can't wait to for more to be unveiled!
Aug 6, 2023 5:52 AM

Feb 2014
fighting evil spirit trope is as old as bleach anime, dunno what to expect here.
Oct 4, 2023 5:49 PM
Sep 2020
He doesn't act like any of his backstory actually happened but more like he made it all up to be edgy. Also just extremely lazy corny writing.
Mar 14, 3:42 AM
Jun 2022
'Lay All On Me ' Then Kicks Him From Behind . Not Bad , Not Bad At All!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ayaka Episode 6 Discussion

KANLen09 - Aug 5, 2023

16 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Ayaka Episode 5 Discussion

KennaIsANerd - Jul 29, 2023

17 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 8:39 AM

Poll: » Ayaka Episode 4 Discussion

ssourcandy - Jul 22, 2023

18 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Ayaka Episode 3 Discussion

AddaeAkono - Jul 15, 2023

29 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 4:40 AM

Poll: » Ayaka Episode 2 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jul 8, 2023

22 by RGreatDanton »»
Mar 14, 4:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.