Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 3, 2023 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
I dropped many anime on the first episode but Mahou Sensou took the cake as the fastest. Pandering garbage. Not as bad as Shingeki no Kyojin or Redo of Healer but it still pretty awful.

WBU?
May 3, 2023 6:58 PM

Jun 2022
I personally dropped the Arknights anime after the first episode because I found it incredibly boring and I had no idea what was happening.
May 3, 2023 7:00 PM

Aug 2012
The anime that I dropped the fastest are: Diabolik Lovers (the second 'bitch-chan' was uttered I dropped it), Hyouge Mono (was too boring), Nagatoro-san (when you want to bash the FL's head violently into a wall to knock her out you know it's time to drop. Even if you're barely an episode in), Mushoku Tensei 2 (should never have allowed myself to be talked into giving the second season a go when I despised the first season), and Poputepipikku (it would have been ok set up of a series of shorts, but set up as a full length anime I couldn't even make it though the first episode. It was torture. It blows my mind that they're actually giving this a second season, but... whatever).
May 3, 2023 7:40 PM

Aug 2022
man really just compared redo of healer and AOT

"86 part one is far better than part two and one of the most masterfully told stories i have ever seen" -bocchi 'the rock' johnson

real quote. she said it not me
May 3, 2023 9:55 PM

Feb 2020
I have dropped 23 anime after the first episode, so I'm not sure.
May 3, 2023 10:11 PM

May 2018
I've already stopped watching some things after a few minutes of the first episode, like in 5-10 minutes, but I never really counted those as ''dropped'', if I get past the 1st episode, or rather if I watch all of it, I just continue until the end. Sometimes I just look at some frames of the episode as well, and read some panels of the manga, but never really counted those things as ''dropped''. It wouldn't even make sense to add these stuff to my list.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
May 3, 2023 10:46 PM

Sep 2021
So far, I haven't dropped a single anime~croak.
May 3, 2023 11:03 PM

Dec 2021
I dropped Fate/Zero in a panic because I saw the runtime of the first episode and kinda freaked out lol.

I don't know why I was so intimidated by it. But don't worry, I'll definitely muster up to watch it someday! 
May 3, 2023 11:17 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
mangomaster said:
man really just compared redo of healer and AOT

two anime of similar caliber for real

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 3, 2023 11:21 PM

Dec 2013
Shin Shinka no Mi s2:
I dreaded this one, after 1 episode I dropped it. I couldn't wait to drop it in fact.

Ooyukiumi no Kaina:
Dropped after 1/2 episodes, 3D and the story wasn't compelling.

Benriya Saitou-san, Isekai ni Iku:
Dropped after 4 episodes and I had expectations to, such a shame.

Hyouken no Majutsushi ga Sekai wo Suberu:
Dropped after 1 episode, didn't even get the urge to add it in my list.

The Legend of Heroes: Sen no Kiseki - Northern War:
After 2/3 episodes I dropped it. It has potential, but it takes to long to get to the point and with only 10+ episodes, it wouldn't end in a satisfying way.
May 3, 2023 11:25 PM

Apr 2022
😶
i know i dont belong here, well, since i havent dropped any, but in my opinion, i think a show deserves at least 3 episodes before getting dropped, unless they are horrible atrocities like My life as Inukai san's dog
by Toshi

May 4, 2023 12:39 AM
Sep 2013
Lucky Star - 5 minutes of extremely dull conversation. Only anime I've been seriously interested in that's caused me to drop it within the first episode.
Watamote - Maybe I'm too empathetic or too similar, but I just can't take the second-hand embarrassment/cringe from seeing her fail spectacularly in social situations. It's too much for me. 
May 4, 2023 1:02 AM

Aug 2020
Looking at my dropped list, the main reason for stuff I dropped extremely early (like, within or after the first episode at most) is usually simply an unappealing art style.
I like to give stories the benefit of the doubt, so I tend to make it several episodes in before I drop something because the story direction doesn't appeal to me, but if I don't like how it looks, that's an instant nope. After all, anime is a visual medium, so I need it to look nice.

Some examples:
Dropped Soul Eater, Kill la kill, Assassination Classroom, Kiznaiver, Land of the Lustrous, Clannad, Orange, Pokemon Sun & Moon, New Shaman King, JoJo, Skip Beat! and Toriko all during their first episode or right after because I didn't like their art style. I did eventually force myself to continue some of them, but it was never with any enjoyment (for some of these I adore the manga, so the anime wasn't even BAD, it was just...different from the art I wanted to see).

As for the fastest story-related drop - it's usually comedy-heavy shows where the jokes don't land at all for me. Examples would be Gintama, Azumanga Daiou, Uramichi Oniisan or Trigun.
May 4, 2023 2:37 AM

Jul 2021
I fully understand why would anyone drop SnK at first, I tried to like the first three seasons very hard but they're pretty much tokyo ghoul.

I think that my personal record was scored by Peter Grill: I've watched the first few scenes and instantly understood there wouldn't be anything of value in that show. It's not something that can get better later on, if you can't like it then it's done. Pretty much like redo of the healer: I happen to like it but if you don't then it's not even worth trying.
May 4, 2023 2:44 AM

Apr 2023
I usually give at least the whole first episode a try before i drop something but i dropped Black Clover as soon as the yelling started.
May 4, 2023 3:24 AM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Jobless reincarnation... As sson as I saw that pedo, I closed the tab

May 4, 2023 4:36 AM

Dec 2008
I will drop some shows very fast depending what it is.
For example, I recently dropped Edomae Elf after like 5 to 10 minutes because it just isn't funny. If a comedy isn't funny then I ain't gonna keep watching it. Not like the writer will suddenly write better jokes.
I will also immediately drop shows that are just some beta dude getting teased by a girl.
If I learn a show has something in it I don't like, I will also immediately drop it. For example I will no longer watch any Kimetsu no Yaiba now that I know how it ends, and I dropped Mushoku Tensei after the first episode after learning more about the plot that happens later.
May 4, 2023 12:55 PM

May 2016
i watched quite a few first episodes, ususally they just ended up in my ptw for a later time though even if i know their fate will still be dropped after a few more eps
May 4, 2023 1:07 PM

Apr 2016
Elfenlied
Started cool with a naked chick goring up a bunch of randos, continues with one of those uber generic lame loser protags who gets flustered about anything related to a female. *vomit*

Ousame Game
Even though Miyano Mamoru was one of the Seiyuu, I just couldn't watch more than one episode. Those King game or battle royale series usually are just too cringy for me.

Shield Hero
Dropped after first episode because I liked it quite a bit and before the 2nd episode had aired, I'd already read the first 6 volumes of the LN. The LN however became more and more boring, focusing on characters I didn't care for and Raphtalia kept getting more and more annoying, so I dropped the LN and consequently dropped the anime as well. All the while, the hype and controversies around the anime were still going on, I was already through with it but for completely different reasons. XD
May 4, 2023 1:15 PM

Jul 2021
I dropped Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood after the first joke.
May 4, 2023 1:16 PM

Feb 2021
I just don't drop anime in general. 

The only ones that I technically did would be shows that I started a long time ago, but simply never finished. 
May 4, 2023 1:22 PM

Oct 2014
I have a "no drop" rule, but anime that I "didn't properly start" are excluded from being considered drops so there's a lot of anime that I stopped watching partway through the first episode but don't have listed as drops. Rayearth, Shingeki no Kyojin, Shinmai Maou no Testament, Tsubasa Chronicles, and Maoyuu Maou Yuusha are a couple examples.
May 4, 2023 1:25 PM
Jul 2017
I have dropped too many anime, so there is no specification that I have for an insta-drop at the moment. That might change but maybe given what I have dropped, something that is too psychological I might insta-drop. 
May 4, 2023 3:29 PM

May 2021
MyLightNovelList said:
I dropped many anime on the first episode but Mahou Sensou took the cake as the fastest. Pandering garbage. Not as bad as Shingeki no Kyojin or Redo of Healer but it still pretty awful.

WBU?

Damn, what was so bad about Mahou Sensou to be the fastest drop ever?

Can't say i'm not sad to see AOT on the same list :(

I've droppded many anime on the first ep., i'll even drop movies
Some just didn't click with me, others were barf inducing, and then there's the ones which are so obviously shit
What debating with DigiCat is like according to APolygons2
That's why I thought a discussion would be pointless. It doesn't feel like a debate. It feels like I'm playing chess and somehow lose to an uno reverse card after loosing all my monopoly money lol
May 4, 2023 4:01 PM

Aug 2022
I've dropped a few things midway through the first episode, but my fastest drop was easily "Wanna Be the Strongest in the World". It opened with a prolonged crotch shot, and so I dropped it not even a minute in. XD
May 4, 2023 5:14 PM

Jul 2013
The Fastest.. I think Hajimete no Gal... 5 mins in or whenever the Oppai loli came in.... The moment she came in.... I noped the fuck out

May 4, 2023 5:30 PM

Nov 2021
Lookism, that anime is so garbage I don't know how anybody even likes it just like the creators other works.
May 4, 2023 6:00 PM

Feb 2021
Harrrryyyy said:
😶
i know i dont belong here, well, since i havent dropped any, but in my opinion, i think a show deserves at least 3 episodes before getting dropped, unless they are horrible atrocities like My life as Inukai san's dog
Inukai is definitely worth the 3 episode treatment, for all its obscurities. Something that isn't, however, is Osamake. I dropped that shit after the first episode, straight up. 
"Nobody could laugh at someone who's trying their hardest" -Machio-

May 4, 2023 6:25 PM

Mar 2019
I don't drop anime but the closest I've come is when Kizuna no Allele started shilling NFTs. I definitely considered it.
May 4, 2023 6:51 PM
Jul 2022
It was Boruto. Ugh! Even thinking about it is giving me creeps.
May 4, 2023 6:52 PM
pookie

Nov 2015
there's so many i insta dropped, if by the first episode its boring, imma just drop it
May 4, 2023 7:02 PM

Jun 2019
Don't really have cases like this. I got high tolerance levels.
May 4, 2023 7:04 PM

Sep 2018
I insta dropped Nana and Shiki.  Just did not click with me. 
May 4, 2023 7:42 PM

Apr 2012
I don't drop anime but of course there are some anime where I played the episode a bit to get a feeling what the show could be about and if it doesn't resonate at all with me in those first minutes (the opening is often a good indicator) I just decide to not watch it. You could see it as an insta drop but I think I can't classify something as dropped that I never watched properly to begin with.
May 4, 2023 8:11 PM

Jun 2021
ryo-san said:
Jobless reincarnation... As sson as I saw that pedo, I closed the tab
I tried to push through the MC's shadiness and even justify a few scenes as "necessary to build a flawed character with great potential to develop". I regret it so much
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

May 4, 2023 8:18 PM

Jun 2021
There are only 3 shows I have dropped before finishing at least 25% of the episodes.

Blossoms for Tomorrow - All the characters are so unlikeable that I wouldn't feel a tinge of sadness if they all painful died in the next episode.
Taisho Otome Fairy Tale - The introduction to the main characters felt so artificial and poorly executed that I couldn't give them a chance, even if I wanted to.
A Certain Magical Index - When you bombard a viewer with so much information that they have to start taking notes by episode 2, you've failed your job in world-building.
I like apple pie. I also like gaming. Man's two greatest inventions.

May 4, 2023 9:09 PM

Aug 2019
One look at my dropped list will tell you the answer which is that it's "Great Teacher Onizuka." It's because of someone else that I even watched the series since they picked it but then they changed their mind about continuing it. Funnily enough this happened two times but I didn't complain either time about not continuing it. Second time we actually finished the first episode and I was not seeing what was so great about this Onizuka. He did not make a good first impression on me. Sure, the series could get better later on and I imagine that it touches on topics/issues that I would find interesting in other series, but I'm okay with never finishing it. If it's a loss then it's a loss I don't regret. Plus, I've already seen "Gokusen" which has enough similarities and fulfills whatever nonexistent need I have for this type of story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 58 minutes ago

2 by Shizuna »»
9 minutes ago

» How do y'all watch such long series? ( 1 2 )

erikkamirs - Feb 19, 2022

86 by Serafos »»
13 minutes ago

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

solacez - Yesterday

53 by Cammell »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Would/Do you go to Anime Conventions?

Dragevard - Oct 15, 2021

32 by ComboSmooth »»
21 minutes ago

» Any other Retro Anime watchers only? ( 1 2 )

Iron_Leopard - May 30

56 by Iron_Leopard »»
21 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.