Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 11, 2023 10:54 AM
Jul 2021
Death note's 2nd part was unwatchable, making the series a whole avrg.
Black clover is the best new gen shounen
Animations doesn't make a anime better and the satisfaction is short lived.
Hikigaya hachiman and sakuta azusagawa are two of the best Main characters.
Spirited away is actually really bad if you remove the nostalgia (oh god I'm gonna get so much hate for this one)
Apr 11, 2023 12:08 PM
cinnamon girl ♡

Apr 2021
Spice & Wolf is so boring i would rather prefer sleeping on it
i wish you love
Apr 11, 2023 12:18 PM

Jul 2021
Hand-Drawn Cel Animation >>>> Digital.

Filler and Anime Original Endings aren't always a bad thing.

One Punch Man is very Mid.

FMA Brotherhood is almost Mid too.

InuYasha is overhated.

Not only do I agree with -Ryu on HxH 1999, but I honestly preffer those two arcs over Chimera Ants, because I feel like they have a much better sense of pacing and focus.

If your attracted to lolis your attracted to children.
AzafuseKingToraApr 11, 2023 12:34 PM
Apr 11, 2023 1:32 PM

Dec 2021
struggler_sensei said:
Igreja said:

That doesn't make any logical sense.

If an effortless animation is released to the public, would it then have soul because it has a lot of flaws?
I see you have yet to learn to understand irony and sarcasm. Don't worry you'll get there one day.

Which is why I made the effort to understand what you mean by mentioning Ex-Arm by watching the first episode of it.

For some reason, my stomach feel like its clenching eternally after watching that.
"The Yang Sword cuts what I want to cut."

"Look, it's my victory again."
Apr 11, 2023 1:53 PM

Aug 2022
Igreja said:
struggler_sensei said:
I see you have yet to learn to understand irony and sarcasm. Don't worry you'll get there one day.

Which is why I made the effort to understand what you mean by mentioning Ex-Arm by watching the first episode of it.

For some reason, my stomach feel like its clenching eternally after watching that.
Oh trust me I understand that feeling. the worst part is I read the manga and the art is actually quite good so when I saw the anime was made I was like "oh this should be pretty good" and then I started watching it and to this day I am still confused at how something like that could go through the entire process of being made and no one thought "you know maybe we should cut our losses and never release this" on the bright side it makes the 2016 Berserk show look watchable.
Apr 11, 2023 2:49 PM

Dec 2021
struggler_sensei said:
Igreja said:

Oh trust me I understand that feeling. the worst part is I read the manga and the art is actually quite good so when I saw the anime was made I was like "oh this should be pretty good" and then I started watching it and to this day I am still confused at how something like that could go through the entire process of being made and no one thought "you know maybe we should cut our losses and never release this" on the bright side it makes the 2016 Berserk show look watchable.

I did get a glimpse of the manga's first chapter and it is leaaaaaaaaaps better than whatever the anime had in store.

This is what happens when you give projects to no-name studios, I suppose.
"The Yang Sword cuts what I want to cut."

"Look, it's my victory again."
Apr 11, 2023 4:14 PM

Feb 2010
struggler_sensei said:
TheMechaManiac said:
Mecha is actually a good genre.
Isn't this just a normal take? Cause mecha's always been dope.
mecha is a culture of a previous generation(my gen). a lot of folks now days don't tend to like watching mecha anime. half of it is because a lot of newer mecha rely heavily on cg which has a massive stigma against it (not without justification berserk 2016, so i'm a spider so what, ex arm, to name a few.)
usually the mecha i see that stick around nowdays are the old favorites that have already established themselves like Gundam you rarely see newer mecha anime survive past 2 seasons. it's also been ages since gundam has been a main focus. even shows like blood orphans and gundam g no reconguista went under a lot of peoples radars.
I cannot deny that mecha has had a major drought in both anime and gaming untill recently with gundams resurgence through witch of mercury and armored core finally getting a revival. 

also macross hasn't really been relevant since the early 2000's show, but that's not really their fault as much as it's Harmoney golds fault. 

as for my spicy takes

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion is not a mecha. it's a kaiju flick 
if a horse is not a mecha then a eva is not a mecha.

2. Madoka magica despite being good killed the magical girl genre.
ever since it released every single damn magical girl series we've gotten has been a dumb gore fest edgey nonsense with none of the actual qualities that made madoka good. with i think Symphogear being one of the few exception (but that basicly came out around the same time. one year appart.) i miss when magical girls could have a serious plotline without needing to rely on heavy amounts of gore and or sexual assaults being the overall themes. 
even symphogears final season got  a bit to reliant on shock value gore.
GrimAtramentApr 11, 2023 4:23 PM
"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 11, 2023 4:44 PM

May 2018
Summary of the entire story of Berserk: all that my boi Guts really wanted was to be friends with Griffith. It's basically a case of "notice me senpai". The sad part is that he failed hard and then became the ultimate sad boi.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 12, 2023 12:22 AM

Aug 2022
GrimAtrament said:
wouldnt that logic make Initial D a mecha?
Apr 12, 2023 12:49 AM
Jun 2021
Your Lie in April is a boring anime and the romance does not add anything up to the story. I feel bad for the people who literally cried while watching it

Darling in the FranXX WAS INTERESTING for the first 15 episodes, but episodes 16-24 shouldn't have been made because that made the whole show look bad (I say that I still gave it an 8 lmao)

Slice of Life >>>>> Shounen

Higurashi (When They Cry) did not aged well

The only good thing about Horimiya is the animation and music. Plot and characters were butchered so hard by the studio; reading the manga would be better
(oh boi what have I done.)
Apr 12, 2023 1:04 AM

Aug 2022
TheodoreKyle said:
this doesn't make sense. slice of life is a genre, shounen is a demographic. like there is shounen slice of life and seinen slice of life and shoujo slice of life and josei slice of life.
Apr 12, 2023 1:10 AM
Jun 2021
struggler_sensei said:
TheodoreKyle said:
this doesn't make sense. slice of life is a genre, shounen is a demographic. like there is shounen slice of life and seinen slice of life and shoujo slice of life and josei slice of life.
Oh lol what I meant there is slice of life and shounen as a whole. I know that there is shounen - slice of life but I didn't mean that way. 
Apr 12, 2023 1:20 AM

Aug 2022
TheodoreKyle said:
struggler_sensei said:
Oh lol what I meant there is slice of life and shounen as a whole. I know that there is shounen - slice of life but I didn't mean that way. 
It's just confusing. It's like saying "Fantasy movies >>>>> PG-13 movies".
Apr 12, 2023 1:27 AM
Jun 2021
struggler_sensei said:
TheodoreKyle said:
Let me name some animes instead:
Laid-Back Camp >>>>> My Hero Academia
Shirobako  >>>>> Black Clover
The Aquatope on White Sand  >>>>> Jujutsu Kaisen

Will that spicy take suffice?
Apr 12, 2023 1:37 AM

Aug 2022
TheodoreKyle said:
struggler_sensei said:
Let me name some animes instead:
Laid-Back Camp >>>>> My Hero Academia
Shirobako  >>>>> Black Clover
The Aquatope on White Sand  >>>>> Jujutsu Kaisen

Will that spicy take suffice?
Now it's not confusing. But now it's not that spicy, it's just a preference. Now broaden it again to "slice of life >>>>> Action shounen" and it gets spicier, though I wouldnt say its all that spicy, your other takes are spicier though.
Apr 12, 2023 2:32 AM
Feb 2022
even tho DBGT is not that good, DB GT>>>DB super
Apr 12, 2023 2:46 AM
Sep 2014
Ima say it... Cowboy Beepbop is mediocre at best. Watched it 2 (and some change) times, cuz after the first time i watched it, i honestly thought i must have watched the wrong show. Contrary to everything i had heard about it from several sources. It just didnt do it for me i guess...... But that intro does slap.
Apr 12, 2023 5:57 AM
Jul 2018
Ryu-B said:
Hm, I'd say that Puella Magi Madoka Magica changed the Mahou Shoujo genre in a way I don't particularly like. I'm not saying PMMM is bad by any means (from the story to the visuals it's really cool), but after it, the "dark twist"on magical girls became like a norm. Where's the twist if every single one is dark a depressing? lol. I'd personally like more cutesy Mahou Shoujo to come out (remakes and stuff are nice, but you know, maybe new things would be cool too)

I wouldn't say it's a norm tho. There are still new Pretty Cure seasons every year, a remake of Sailor Moon and a remake of Tokyo Mew Mew. Even without the remakes, there are still all the Pretty Cure seasons.

My spicy take on it is that Madoka wasn't the first to do that by any means. It was just "easier to recognize" that it's dark, because of the tone it set.
The Sailor Moon manga btw got pretty dark while it has been made for a much younger audience ... and Madoka took some inspiration from the Sailor Moon manga imo, especially from later arcs / Hotaru's and Setsuna's backstories and functions in the story. Everybody feared the awaking of the true form of Mad... I mean Saturn, because that could have had disturb space-time and bring ruin over the world, and then there is Setsuna being caught at a space-time portal she has to watch over.

It's not bad to get inspiration from other media, but people act like Madoka was the first and unlike everything that has existed ever before.
Also there had been Utena and Princess Tutu long before Madoka existed.
removed-userApr 12, 2023 6:54 AM
Apr 12, 2023 6:23 AM
Dec 2021
fruits basket is the cringiest shit I ever seen and doesn't belong to any top 100
not even top 200 for me and i have watched 300+

anime for the mentally challenged
Apr 12, 2023 7:05 AM

Aug 2016
CGI isn't terrible by default, unless it's half-assed like Berserk 2016 and other similar anime, I don't really mind it.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Apr 12, 2023 9:22 AM

Feb 2010
struggler_sensei said:
GrimAtrament said:
wouldnt that logic make Initial D a mecha?
no because a car isn't a mecha either it's a car.

eva's are speficially mind controlled living creatures.

if i started puppeting you around with mind control you would not be a mecha just mind controlled. 

"among monsters and humans, there are only two types.
Those who undergo suffering and spread it to others. And those who undergo suffering and avoid giving it to others." -Alice
“Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” David Hume
“Evil is created when someone gives up on someone else. It appears when everyone gives up on someone as a lost cause and removes their path to salvation. Once they are cut off from everyone else, they become evil.” -Othinus

Apr 12, 2023 9:39 AM

Sep 2019
CG animated fights are just as cool as 2D drawn fights. The action matters more than the medium the action is in.
ProcyonCroissantApr 12, 2023 9:44 AM
Apr 12, 2023 9:59 AM

Aug 2022
GrimAtrament said:
no because a car isn't a mecha either it's a car.

eva's are speficially mind controlled living creatures.

if i started puppeting you around with mind control you would not be a mecha just mind controlled. 

and a horse is a horse not a clone of a gigantic prehistoric alien. 

Also are you sure about that, you could argue that Ratatouille is a mecha lol.
Apr 12, 2023 3:22 PM

Oct 2019
Risa92 said:
Ryu-B said:
Hm, I'd say that Puella Magi Madoka Magica changed the Mahou Shoujo genre in a way I don't particularly like. I'm not saying PMMM is bad by any means (from the story to the visuals it's really cool), but after it, the "dark twist"on magical girls became like a norm. Where's the twist if every single one is dark a depressing? lol. I'd personally like more cutesy Mahou Shoujo to come out (remakes and stuff are nice, but you know, maybe new things would be cool too)

I wouldn't say it's a norm tho. There are still new Pretty Cure seasons every year, a remake of Sailor Moon and a remake of Tokyo Mew Mew. Even without the remakes, there are still all the Pretty Cure seasons.

My spicy take on it is that Madoka wasn't the first to do that by any means. It was just "easier to recognize" that it's dark, because of the tone it set.
The Sailor Moon manga btw got pretty dark while it has been made for a much younger audience ... and Madoka took some inspiration from the Sailor Moon manga imo, especially from later arcs / Hotaru's and Setsuna's backstories and functions in the story. Everybody feared the awaking of the true form of Mad... I mean Saturn, because that could have had disturb space-time and bring ruin over the world, and then there is Setsuna being caught at a space-time portal she has to watch over.

It's not bad to get inspiration from other media, but people act like Madoka was the first and unlike everything that has existed ever before.
Also there had been Utena and Princess Tutu long before Madoka existed
Oh! Hello :). Of course, Madoka wasn't the first to do the dark magical girl thing. As you said, Sailor Moon, Utena and Princess Tutu (personal favourite) did it before. There is even things like Shamanic Princess (series of OVAs), that's overall darker than any of the Mahou Shoujo of its time. And it's not like a bunch of Mahou Shoujo don't deal with things like death or gloomier subjects, but it is true that after PMMM, a wave of this style of magical girls became more popular. There is nothing wrong with it, but it's not of my personal preference. It's kinda like what happened with Sailor Moon at the time: yes, the Magical Girl already existed before this anime/manga, but from there on a wave of magical girls with slight inspiration on it came to be.
And yes, there is Pretty Cure coming out every year, but that's mostly the only new new thing that comes out of the genre (or at least in anime form, there is manga out there too), and well, I guess this might also be a hot take, but Pretty Cure isn't precisely my favourite franchise lolol. Once again, nothing wrong with it, but I feel like it doesn't quite appeal to me, at least from the ones I watched (Futari wa, Max Heart, Smile, DeliPa), perhaps I haven't watched the right Pretty Cure for me?
The point I'm trying to reach here is that it'd be nice to see more of the cutesy Mahou Shoujo. Maybe that won't necesarily happen right now, but the remakes of SM and TMM are one step in that direction. I guess it makes sense that the Magical Girl as a genre came in this direction though, since after having so many cutesy series, it's interesting to give it a twist like this. But well...I personally prefer the cute stuff, or at least the less gory stuff (?).
Apr 12, 2023 3:36 PM
Jul 2018
Cowboy Bebop is boring and not one of the greatest anime's out there. The setting and animation is great but it's so boring to watch. 

I guess I would add that you liking a certain anime or genre doesn't make you better than anyone else
removed-userApr 12, 2023 3:44 PM
Apr 12, 2023 3:48 PM

Nov 2015
these threads are there just to bash on things.
Apr 12, 2023 4:37 PM

Jun 2020
Most classics are considered good only because we were 10y when watching them.
Apr 12, 2023 5:53 PM

Jul 2016
Your Lie in April is overrated. Kaori is an abusive manipulative manic pixie dream girl. The show handles childhood trauma terribly, and just tries to throw emotional moments full of flashbacks to get you to cry.
Apr 12, 2023 6:26 PM

Jan 2018
Oyasumi punpun and grand blue are the biggest shit overrated i've ever read or watch.
Apr 12, 2023 6:41 PM

Aug 2017
-Demon Slayer is more ironic than DBZ by this point. In fact, most mainstream shounen post-DBZ are already more iconic than DBZ.
-80s Anime > 90/00s Anime
-2010s Anime is peak.
-FMAB is your mid shounen with some twists there and there.
NurguburuApr 12, 2023 6:46 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 12, 2023 7:06 PM

Jan 2014
Devilman crybaby isn't art, it's just a gores*xual fest. Even if you understand the message, it's not good lol.
Apr 12, 2023 11:42 PM

Apr 2022
Rwby vol 9 and Super mario bros are superior to any anime airing this season and Velma was superior to any anime airing last season

Also cartoons >>>>>>> anime

Don’t think you can get more controversial than that
Apr 13, 2023 3:20 AM
Jan 2021
Fairy Tail is better than Monogatari
Apr 13, 2023 3:54 AM
Sep 2017
Code Geass, Attack on Titan and Death Note better have good plots, because their protagonists are unlikable pieces of edgy trash. 
Apr 13, 2023 4:52 PM
Jul 2018
Ryu-B said:
Risa92 said:

Also there had been Utena and Princess Tutu long before Madoka existed
Oh! Hello :). Of course, Madoka wasn't the first to do the dark magical girl thing. As you said, Sailor Moon, Utena and Princess Tutu (personal favourite) did it before. There is even things like Shamanic Princess (series of OVAs), that's overall darker than any of the Mahou Shoujo of its time. And it's not like a bunch of Mahou Shoujo don't deal with things like death or gloomier subjects, but it is true that after PMMM, a wave of this style of magical girls became more popular. There is nothing wrong with it, but it's not of my personal preference. It's kinda like what happened with Sailor Moon at the time: yes, the Magical Girl already existed before this anime/manga, but from there on a wave of magical girls with slight inspiration on it came to be.
And yes, there is Pretty Cure coming out every year, but that's mostly the only new new thing that comes out of the genre (or at least in anime form, there is manga out there too), and well, I guess this might also be a hot take, but Pretty Cure isn't precisely my favourite franchise lolol. Once again, nothing wrong with it, but I feel like it doesn't quite appeal to me, at least from the ones I watched (Futari wa, Max Heart, Smile, DeliPa), perhaps I haven't watched the right Pretty Cure for me?
The point I'm trying to reach here is that it'd be nice to see more of the cutesy Mahou Shoujo. Maybe that won't necesarily happen right now, but the remakes of SM and TMM are one step in that direction. I guess it makes sense that the Magical Girl as a genre came in this direction though, since after having so many cutesy series, it's interesting to give it a twist like this. But well...I personally prefer the cute stuff, or at least the less gory stuff (?).

Pretty Cure seasons are like... you have to switch your mindset on kodomo anime to enjoy these, I guess. I just watch here and there a few episodes of them, because kids anime are obviously a very easy watch and therefore relaxing for watching them on the side or in a break.

I understand where are you coming from tho, because magical girl anime may shouldn't be made in masses as seinen for adult men and other adults interested in them and I miss the time in tv when the first Pretty Cure season and Sailor Moon was on tv.
Apr 13, 2023 5:00 PM

Jul 2021
Shiki was an unironically very wholesome show.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Way to filter anime by Main character?

ernand - 9 hours ago

4 by kirA_-_ »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » A anime that mention your country? ( 1 2 )

torsan88 - Sep 17

99 by Nurguburu »»
9 minutes ago

» Do you consider anthropomorphic waifus as furrys?

Zakatsuki_ - Sep 18

29 by TransferUser »»
15 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on the Jjk fandom? ( 1 2 )

Ba-Cii10 - Aug 20

51 by Nurguburu »»
31 minutes ago

» 🎖️Best Protagonist of all time & discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nirererin - Aug 16

631 by UberBat »»
34 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.