Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What do you think about Kazuki and Rei not being a couple despite deciding to form a family?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2023 3:26 AM
Aug 2017

LostSpectre said:
This whole comment section is a shit hole.

Why so? because not every Buddy Daddies fan sees Kazuki and Rei as romantic partners? there's nothing bad about that given the show itself doesn't present them as a romantic duo but as friends.
Mar 28, 2023 4:52 AM
Mar 2023
I feel like they help each other through their traumas while still caring for Miri and this is good as is. Especially when Rei mention that the first time he met, Kazuki just started cleaning and caring for and guiding him in daily life which Rei never had before without abuse. On the other hand Rei helps Kazuki go for what he really wants, a family and a kid, even though Kazuki is afraid of losing Miri just like losing his girlfriend and unborn child. The trust and platonic love is enough honestly
Mar 28, 2023 4:08 PM

Apr 2012
SakuraUchiha2313 said:

LostSpectre said:
This whole comment section is a shit hole.

Why so? because not every Buddy Daddies fan sees Kazuki and Rei as romantic partners? there's nothing bad about that given the show itself doesn't present them as a romantic duo but as friends.
Because some people are instinctively hostile to anyone who does not share their opinion. Even if they try to appear neutral.

The key question we need to ask ourselves is why is this so important? Is the romantic element really that important to the concept of family? And why are people who, at least lip service, love shows about surrogate families so much, are so salty at the idea that people can be connected as a family without being romantically involved? This show has never been anything romantic other than one single same-sex family joke in the first half of the anime and an overtly comedic "like an old married couple" dynamic between the protagonists.
Mar 28, 2023 4:12 PM

Apr 2012
Vargnatt said:
They're just housemates, two men sharing a house doesn't mean they're into each other. 😪
You obviously aren't familiar with the "roommates" meme, whereby shippers obsessively declare any same-sex roommates as a couple. But why does this surprise me? These days, you might come out as gay after celebrate your friend's birthday or comment on the appearance of someone of the same gender. Manic homophobes and gay shippers are like opposite sides of a horseshoe when you think about it.
Mar 28, 2023 4:33 PM

May 2015
Well, it's not like people, who were romantically involved but fell out of love but still decided to stick together for a child, don't normally exist. As long as they know what they are in a family for and look after kid's interests, that's fine.

There example is actually more healthy than those couples who decide to have a child just to mend their relationship. So, in a way it might be even better because they'll have more emotional resources to care for a child without any personal drama in a way.
TenMar 28, 2023 4:38 PM
Mar 28, 2023 4:51 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Vargnatt said:
They're just housemates, two men sharing a house doesn't mean they're into each other. 😪
You obviously aren't familiar with the "roommates" meme, whereby shippers obsessively declare any same-sex roommates as a couple. But why does this surprise me? These days, you might come out as gay after celebrate your friend's birthday or comment on the appearance of someone of the same gender. Manic homophobes and gay shippers are like opposite sides of a horseshoe when you think about it.

Tbh I don't buy this kind of stuff,i get it if you get the hint of homosexual romance between two male characters by their actions but it shouldn't be that easy. Same goes for the straight, non homosexual shippings as well. Like for example, can't a man and a woman be friends? Is it THAT impossible? Everything involves a woman and a man have to be about romance or sex? For God's sake... I just can't comprehend people.
VargnattMar 28, 2023 5:05 PM

Mar 28, 2023 5:07 PM

Apr 2012
Vargnatt said:
RobertBobert said:

Tbh I don't buy this kind of stuff,i get it if you get the hint of homosexual romance between two male characters by their actions but it shouldn't be that easy. Same goes for the straight, non homosexual shippings as well. Like for example, can't a man and a woman be friends? Is it THAT impossible?  Everything involves a woman and a man have to be about sex? For God's sake... I just can't comprehend people.
People just really like wishful thinking, which is why they grab the slightest opportunity to confirm their theories or refute others. If you watch the very first discussions of this show, you will see how many people were completely convinced of the BL nature of this anime only after the announcement of the short synopsis and cover art.
Mar 28, 2023 5:20 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Vargnatt said:

Tbh I don't buy this kind of stuff,i get it if you get the hint of homosexual romance between two male characters by their actions but it shouldn't be that easy. Same goes for the straight, non homosexual shippings as well. Like for example, can't a man and a woman be friends? Is it THAT impossible?  Everything involves a woman and a man have to be about sex? For God's sake... I just can't comprehend people.
People just really like wishful thinking, which is why they grab the slightest opportunity to confirm their theories or refute others. If you watch the very first discussions of this show, you will see how many people were completely convinced of the BL nature of this anime only after the announcement of the short synopsis and cover art.

Oh yes, I remember people were disappointed why it's not a BL series since both main characters are male and also complained by the other group of people as well this show is nothing but a fujoshi bait. I just find shipping culture toxic if it's obsessive like this. There's no single hint of romance between two MCs. None of them are gay either. (Moreover I think Rei might be even asexual considering his personality)

But I get what you mean, some anime fans tend to intrepret the things as BL whenever a series involve two guys as MC even though they aren't romantically involved of the cast is all male. Buddy Daddies isn't the first one neither will be the last one.
VargnattMar 28, 2023 5:25 PM

Mar 28, 2023 5:25 PM

Apr 2012
Vargnatt said:
RobertBobert said:

Oh yes, I remember people were disappointed why it's not a BL series since both main characters are male and also complained by the other group of people as well this show is nothing but a fujoshi bait. I just find shipping culture toxic if it's obsessive like this. There's no single hint of romance between two MCs. None of them are gay either. (Moreover I think Rei might be even asexual considering his personality)
Yeah. When the show disappoints shippers, some of them start to see friendship moments as "yuri/BL subtext" or bait, after which they either complain about the show or claim that the characters are a "subtext couple".  Because of this, I often teeter on the love-hate edge of really ambiguous shows like a lot of all-female or female super friendship shows because they attract those kind of people and that sort of controversy the most.
Mar 28, 2023 5:30 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Vargnatt said:

Yeah. When the show disappoints shippers, some of them start to see friendship moments as "yuri/BL subtext" or bait, after which they either complain about the show or claim that the characters are a "subtext couple".  Because of this, I often teeter on the love-hate edge of really ambiguous or ambiguous shows like a lot of all-female or female super friendship shows because they attract those kind of people and that sort of controversy the most.

You know, AoT isn't even a romance anime but you'll still see both straight and homosexual shippings which will ruin the entertainment for me. Because they're obsessed and going overboard. Whenever I open tumblr and search for an image regarding AoT you'll see tons of fan arts from non cannon shippings.
VargnattMar 28, 2023 5:34 PM

Mar 28, 2023 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
Vargnatt said:
RobertBobert said:
Yeah. When the show disappoints shippers, some of them start to see friendship moments as "yuri/BL subtext" or bait, after which they either complain about the show or claim that the characters are a "subtext couple".  Because of this, I often teeter on the love-hate edge of really ambiguous or ambiguous shows like a lot of all-female or female super friendship shows because they attract those kind of people and that sort of controversy the most.

You know, AoT isn't even a romance anime but you'll still see both straight and homosexual shippings which will ruin the entertainment for me. Because they're going overboard and obsessed.
I've heard rumors that the author was very annoyed by the fandom's obsession with shiping, so he fruitfully destroyed the most popular ships. Especially Ymir x Krista, as again rumor has it that the producer declared it canon without his knowledge.
Mar 28, 2023 5:36 PM

Sep 2009
RobertBobert said:
Vargnatt said:

You know, AoT isn't even a romance anime but you'll still see both straight and homosexual shippings which will ruin the entertainment for me. Because they're going overboard and obsessed.
I've heard rumors that the author was very annoyed by the fandom's obsession with shiping, so he fruitfully destroyed the most popular ships. Especially Ymir x Krista, as again rumor has it that the producer declared it canon without his knowledge.

Lmao can't blame him... 🤦🏻‍♀️

Apr 13, 2023 8:40 AM
Jul 2018
I like them being normal. I think anime studio did a good decision, since if they were gay, there will be less viewers (you can see how many viewers and thus works of gay hentai and normal hentai, for crude example), thus less profit. I would definitely ignore it, if Rei and Kazuki would be gay.
Apr 23, 2023 4:35 PM

May 2018
Twitter Woke SJW/LGBT User freaks trying to ruin this show too.
Men CAN be friends without wanting to ram their dick in each other's poopshoot... 
Apr 23, 2023 4:45 PM

May 2018
Them being gay would completely ruin it...
Both straight is great. One having a wife and kid and banging those chicks was awesome. 
Rei needs a woman asap.
Then they can get different places and Rei can visit the kid occasionally. 
Apr 23, 2023 9:22 PM

Nov 2022
this anime looks so ass

Apr 23, 2023 9:24 PM
Nov 2016
It is a very sad missed opportunity to see a more realistic dynamic of same-sex couples in Japan. Especially because the government there still does not recognize the union and adoption of these couples. It would be very avant-garde if they discussed this and show this problem to the public, to really have an impact in the media and help people who experience this government problem in real life.
May 31, 2023 3:57 AM

Sep 2012
It's not a problem and it shouldn't be

their chemistry is bromance nothing more 

if its girl on girl or girl on guy romance ok but if it were guy on guy, i wouldn't watch it, not in to that stuff, yaoi is for women and gay men, i meant its the genres target demographic and that's totally fine if stuff like that exists its just not for me 

but i am sure some1 will call me phobic for having preference, a lot of crazies out there this days  

Sugram22May 31, 2023 8:15 AM
May 20, 10:43 AM
Oct 2020
Because they are friends and partners in crime. Brothers who are raising a child. Weirdos are making it something as disgusting as gay or queer.
May 27, 11:01 AM
Sep 2021
I don't see a problem...
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2023

300 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Sep 13, 10:33 AM

» Petition to bring season 2 of buddy daddies !

ihateisekaii - Mar 4

5 by Zhiyu48 »»
Sep 11, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2023

166 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Sep 8, 5:09 AM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 27, 2023

137 by bananachips »»
Sep 2, 5:47 PM

Poll: » Buddy Daddies Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2023

155 by RenaPsychoKiller »»
Jul 7, 3:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.