Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2023 8:21 AM

Nov 2011
Damn, seeing Liliha down like that is depressing again. I just wish some miracle happens and they can survive this hell without constant fear of their lives.

Meanwhile, the crew runs into more danger in the wild although I like how they are determined to fight and survive. Not going to lie, the last few minutes of this episode gave me literal chills. It looked like a battlefield out there.
Mar 8, 2023 10:50 AM
Sep 2015
I can't see how the story will end up in just two episodes. It seems like we've to settled for a painful cliffhanger. I know there's an upcoming sequel movie but that could get canceled any time if the anime reception is poor.
Mar 8, 2023 11:11 AM

Jul 2017
With the war of Atland and Valghia incoming, Ririha, Yaona and Kaina going to the Great Spire Tree to convince all people to cease the infighting for water, this was definitely a secret kept best for last, but to the believer, it's in the eyes of the beholder.

The most important thing now for Kaina to unravel the written words, and a map shows the way of the objective place, but also of the dangers surrounding it. Nevertheless, if it provides them a way out, then it'll do against the race against time.

The Valghians' Architect battleship is a force to be reckoned with, but it seems that time for Atland may just have ran out.

The final stretch is a wave of nervousness, for sure.
Mar 8, 2023 12:39 PM

Oct 2022
phantomfandom said:
I can't see how the story will end up in just two episodes. It seems like we've to settled for a painful cliffhanger.

I agree: presumably the last two episodes the end of resolution between the two faction and the movie for the travel and discovery of the secrets of the Great Tree. For me a little disappointing that in the series there are only sparks of the lore behind this world and we should wait a TBA movie to have the overall picture.

Mar 8, 2023 4:08 PM

Sep 2018
Nobuyuki Hiyama should never be allowed to play an elderly character again. How am I supposed to take this big, scary eyepatch looking dude seriously, when he sounds like that? I've watched Bleach my guy XD
Mar 8, 2023 6:01 PM

Jul 2016
Ranniwaifuending said:
phantomfandom said:
I can't see how the story will end up in just two episodes. It seems like we've to settled for a painful cliffhanger.

I agree: presumably the last two episodes the end of resolution between the two faction and the movie for the travel and discovery of the secrets of the Great Tree. For me a little disappointing that in the series there are only sparks of the lore behind this world and we should wait a TBA movie to have the overall picture.

Next episode they beat the mech, the red head betrays the old man general and Valghia flips.

Last episode they show them all the map, refit the Valghia ship with the big stick thing and then sail off.

Done. End of series.
Mar 8, 2023 7:47 PM

Nov 2008
Ass-pull fantasy masquerading as sci-fi. 
Mar 8, 2023 10:36 PM

May 2019
I liked this episode but it does sound like it will end on a cliffhanger since there's only 2 episodes left and if that's the case I also hope that a movie/OVA is made to wrap up the series. The architecture/monster thing is fearsome looking but it does move slow so maybe Atland has a chance to stop it, or perhaps if the admiral is somehow interrupted that may also stop that thing since it looks like its mind controlled.
Mar 9, 2023 12:50 AM
May 2017
Woah.. subtly inserts a mecha ...
Mar 9, 2023 1:22 AM

Dec 2015
Was to be expected - the sci-fi even gets to appear in full medieval-fantasy-like settings in anime. And this was like post-apocalyptic world that had tech in the past. More curious about the little thing that followed thm in the beginning. This felt more fantasy-like ...

I guess not would be a time for it to appear again ... and suddenly stop the mech. Or the thing Kaina found ... could be e mech as well. The snowfoil thing looked like an antenna of a mech lol. The development is sudden though ... and I wonder if there was a reason the small thing followed Kaina and Ririha. Or of it just was random.
Mar 9, 2023 2:46 AM
Personified

Sep 2022
The war has started!!

Liliha, Yaona and Kaina make a discovery that the carpet underground with the letters is actually a map and it has the giant orbital spire trees location along with a huge marine trench Infront of it which will be an issue.

The war goings pretty hard rn. Both sides launching cannon shots and catapults at one another. The Valghias have also launched their main weapon. A massive looking robot that tbh I dont know how they are going to spot it.

Mar 9, 2023 8:09 AM

Mar 2010
Things seem pretty bleak not sure how they gonna stop that old boomer and his crazy antics.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2023 8:17 AM

Mar 2013
A mobile suit in this story... XD
Well, the giant has finally been revealed but it was not as terrifying as I hoped it would be.
What's more, it feels like "The Developer" isn't something that should be used in battle, while it can walk on the snow seas, after watching this episode where they found a huge floating stone under their tree/island, that huge "giant" is probably created using those floating stones.

Now then, I can't wait for the next episode!
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 9, 2023 4:09 PM

Apr 2012
While I still enjoy the anime, it's disappointing how basic bitch basic it ended up being. Definitely not on par with Tsutomu's other works. The snail pacing doesn't help, but there's also a lack of world building, like, these people cannot even read? What are they doing in their everyday life? We know nothing. 

I hope we'll eventually get a proper anime adaptation of BLAME.
If you haven't watched "Fantastic Children", don't talk about "best anime". Thank you.
Mar 10, 2023 2:32 AM
May 2020
MyllerPhiem said:
While I still enjoy the anime, it's disappointing how basic bitch basic it ended up being. Definitely not on par with Tsutomu's other works. The snail pacing doesn't help, but there's also a lack of world building, like, these people cannot even read? What are they doing in their everyday life? We know nothing. 

I hope we'll eventually get a proper anime adaptation of BLAME.

Man called the story basic, and can't read between the lines on why humanity in this world can't read???
If it's that basic then how come you can't even speculate with the context the story has given you thus far.

Living in a barely livable world with very limited resources to sustain the population is enough to impact people of prioritizing skills that will let them survive and setting aside skills like reading.
Like if we take irl examples, the poorer the country, the lower the literacy percentage of said country.

There is also the context of the people who actually can ready isolated themselves in the canopy and if we see how power mongering the people below is. We can speculate the "sages" might had been driven out or if not, fed up with all the war mongering and chose to isolate themselves instead in the canopy. Which then left the people below with leaders who is not so appreciative of literature and the population lacking people who can teach reading to them.
Also add the context of people being divided into factions per Spire tree, with no any sort of means of good communication and means of transportation. The knowledge passed down to each faction will be locked up in that region and eventually will be forgotten through time due to lack of tangible archive of those knowledge that can last for ages (e.g. books and stuff)
Sonson7Mar 10, 2023 2:36 AM
Mar 10, 2023 6:17 PM
Oct 2019
Man, Kohta Yamamoto music is really elevating this war.
I can hear some similarity with AOT Season 4 OST.

Damn out of nowhere we got Mecha. lol
Mar 11, 2023 9:42 AM

Oct 2008
davidyodo24 said:
Man, Kohta Yamamoto music is really elevating this war.
I can hear some similarity with AOT Season 4 OST.

Damn out of nowhere we got Mecha. lol
haha i get you! i felt the AOT vibes when hearing the OST! of course credits go to Kohta Yamamoto!...btw did Kohta study from Sawano? cuz usually when somebody is a composer, you must first learn from a veteran composer...right???

Mar 11, 2023 4:20 PM

Jun 2015
I thought I was a monster then I seen this coming!
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Mar 12, 2023 9:51 AM

May 2022
THIS MECHA SURPRISED ME HAHA. 
Mar 14, 2023 3:43 PM
Oct 2020
Mecha time!

I almost thought it was gonna be one of the mechs from Knights of Sidonia since Nihei likes to call back to his other works, but this is clearly a different thing.

Looks like this will be the final battle for the rest of the season, and the movie will be them travelling to that tree with all the water (maybe. I’m excited to see how the series ends.
Mar 16, 2023 6:31 AM

Oct 2017
So that was a map after all, now they have hope.

Valghia's secret weapon is a giant mecha. How are they gonna defeat that thing? Maybe that big sea fish/monster will come to help.
Mar 27, 2023 12:56 AM

Jan 2017
So their final obstacle is basically the Mariana Trench lmao
Sep 13, 2023 7:59 PM

Dec 2022
"Who's there that will be missed if they're killed?" Couldn't agree more.

Hopefully that snowfoil stick is sufficient for getting through that trench.

"The Architect" mecha is an imposing sight, but it is missing an arm, meaning something is indeed capable of causing it significant damage. The real question is where can you find something that can replicate that level of firepower.

Shaded Horizon

Jan 4, 8:52 AM

Apr 2021
good episode! I hope you have time to speak to the king.

I think these soldiers are very weak and poor. I don't know what the king's reaction will be, but this plan is going to be complicated. Maybe there will be time for them to get to the tree.

More topics from this board

» For people doubting, this anime is much better than the socre suggests if you dont mind CGI

theanimefreak95 - May 22

9 by NaMroz »»
May 24, 1:16 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2023

60 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 20, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2023

32 by Matheus050 »»
Jan 11, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2023

26 by _Entropy »»
Jan 11, 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ooyukiumi no Kaina Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2023

26 by Matheus050 »»
Dec 18, 2023 5:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.