Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 26, 2022 7:52 AM
Dec 2021
It’s a different style as compared to the other large franchises, such as berserk, bleach, or Attack on Titan. But when you put togetaher how crazy the story, characters, and setting is. The crazy somewhat minimal/abstract the art looks. It just fits. For me at least. Even though the anime is super detail crazy and beautiful.
Nov 26, 2022 8:05 AM

Jul 2021
jooohnny_j said:
Is it just me or is chainsaw manga art style very poor like very very poor
I'm not a big fan of manga but I just decided to try and check out the manga of CSM since I saw a colored version and even with it being colored trying to make out what's going especially in fight scenes panels is super hard
Everthing cant be berserk my guy... fujimoto has unqiue art style...he may not have great sense of character design (devil design is splendid tho)...but his action choreography...his panelling and storytelling is splendid and captivating... u just cant say that the darkness devil scene was a shit art
If u read his one shot sayonara eri...the whole one shot is drawn as camera recording...thats so unique and u r free to compare it with any manga u want...dont just be a surface level reader
Nov 26, 2022 8:05 PM
Jan 2021
csm has a pretty unconventional art style, but there are many instances where Fujimoto excels in illustrating that it would be a stretch to say any of it is 'bad art'.
Nov 27, 2022 5:39 PM
Musubi pie

Mar 2013
jooohnny_j said:
I'm not a big fan of manga but I just decided to try and check out the manga of CSM since I saw a colored version and even with it being colored trying to make out what's going especially in fight scenes panels is super hard

Okay, at least I finally see some people thinking the way I do lol.
I've always disliked Fujimoto's art, even in Fire Punch. I just think the guy can't draw expressions. Characters are always looking into the void or some shit, and it pulls me out of the experience. Like, what are they feeling? What's this scene supposed to make me feel? I remember saying it once in a comment and got an angry react on Facebook XD. I can, however, say his color game is on point (mostly speaking for covers and illustrations).

Nov 27, 2022 6:59 PM

Jan 2022
Shouldn't this go in the manga section rather than the Anime section???
-insert NGE meme here-
Nov 27, 2022 7:24 PM
Jul 2018
jooohnny_j said:
KingSlowDown said:
It's just you. Fujimoto has his own art style and you probably just didn't happen to like it. And don't forget that he also improves.

I mean we got awesome panels like this: (spoiler for the next anime arc)

Hard to say this is bad

I guess it really is just me
but take a look at this manga panel, in my honest opinion this is bad drawing or maybe it's just the colored version that's at fault and the black and white might look better

Guy is just seeing smears for the first time 🤣
Nov 27, 2022 7:31 PM

Oct 2013
People be trying to get attention by shitting on csm lmao
Nov 27, 2022 7:34 PM

Nov 2020
Its readable at least, has good moments but definitely not consistently. Good of you to point it out 👍
Nov 27, 2022 8:33 PM
Oct 2022
VelxonY said:
Its readable at least, has good moments but definitely not consistently. Good of you to point it out 👍

i saw you in every CSM threads, for someone who consider the series mid you have a lot of dedication lmao; you are more passionate about this anime than CSM stans themselves.
Nov 27, 2022 8:42 PM

Nov 2022
jooohnny_j said:

personally i like the mangas art style alot but thats just me
Nov 27, 2022 8:52 PM

Nov 2020
incelskiller667 said:
VelxonY said:

i saw you in every CSM threads, for someone who consider the series mid you have a lot of dedication lmao; you are more passionate about this anime than CSM stans themselves.

Ye i dont consider 'series' mid, I love the manga, the story and everything, but I gotta hate on anime because MAPPA ruined the shit out of it... (bad studio)
Nov 27, 2022 9:02 PM
Oct 2022
VelxonY said:
incelskiller667 said:

Ye i dont consider 'series' mid, I love the manga, the story and everything, but I gotta hate on anime because MAPPA ruined the shit out of it... (bad studio)

then you are down bad lol , haters would have been better, but if you hate just because of the studio you just toxic, i wonder if you not an AOT fan because mappa gained all those haters after takin AOT, I dont understand how people can complain about such a great adapatation but the internet gave a voice to anyone, so go ahed and keep complaining until the season ends.
Nov 27, 2022 9:07 PM

Nov 2020
incelskiller667 said:
VelxonY said:

then you are down bad lol , haters would have been better, but if you hate just because of the studio you just toxic, i wonder if you not an AOT fan because mappa gained all those haters after takin AOT, I dont understand how people can complain about such a great adapatation but the internet gave a voice to anyone, so go ahed and keep complaining until the season ends.

I like AOT (it was already made a classic by WIT studio) because it can't be ruined by a dogshit ass studio who pushes the CG as much as they can (and only has profit on their mind) , if yall open your eyes you can tell that its used in EVERY episode. Also stop bullshiting about the sakuga shit, if 10 seconds of something good is enough to make you guys wet idk what to tell you. Not to say that because of those 10 seconds per episode the rest of the shit looks appaling.
Nov 27, 2022 10:00 PM

Oct 2013
jooohnny_j said:

Fujimoto-sensei, as pretty much every mangaka, has developed his own unique style. However while his art has improved over the years, it wasn't always as good as in the latest chapters of "Chainsaw Man" or in "Sayonara Eri" one-shot manga.

First half of CSM wasn't impressive and I can completely understand your disappointment. There were many panels that looked underwhelming. I know many people will suggest checking out page X of chapter Y, because there was good spreadsheet. But let's face reality - mediocre looking chapter can't be called as artsy masterpiece when out of 20 pages only two (for a spreadsheet), maybe three of them, look decent.

I suggest you continue reading the manga, though. It was fun to see how Fujimoto-sensei's style has improved. It's totally worth of being called as very good nowadays. Great panelling and of course clean art (however without resigning from including many details, be it on the backgrounds or in the foreground) really do the work. But it wasn't always like this and one shouldn't pretend that it was if such person values Fujimoto-sensei as an artist.

jooohnny_j said:
y'all will just go check out someone's list look for any anime and the person liked but you didn't then use that as point to insult the person instead of actually talking about the argument😂😂

Welcome to the world of anime and manga fans. Sadly, many of people identifying as members of anime and manga community have this weird and toxic way of "discussing". Stereotype of "typical weeb" didn't come outta nowhere.
Nov 28, 2022 3:41 AM
Sep 2022
the author has said said that he is not very good at drawing fight scenes, but you cannot say that this art is not good

Nov 28, 2022 6:19 AM

Dec 2008
jooohnny_j said:

your taste sucks mate
"Man fears the darkness, and so he scrapes away at the edges of it with fire."
Nov 28, 2022 9:55 AM

Apr 2016
Raiden886 said:
the author has said said that he is not very good at drawing fight scenes, but you cannot say that this art is not good

Average at best (sorry to break it to you)
Nov 28, 2022 7:32 PM
Aug 2021
I think,manga art is bad anime is good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 29, 2022 10:07 AM
Oct 2019
Fujimoto isn’t good at doing poses or drawing faces a lot of the characters have stand awkwardly or what they do actions it looks awkward. And then with the faces a lot of the times they look off center on the head. Not to mention Fujimoto does not do a lot of polish for non fights or non action moments like it’ll look like just line art with no shading or definition on the characters at all. But what he is good at is monster designs and the impact of the moment I’d say that’s where he shines. He’s not the best artist in Jump not even top 5 or 8 but he’s still good.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 18, 2022

1143 by Meltedlizard »»
Yesterday, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Who else thinks Ryu Nakayama did an amazing job with Chainsaw Man S1?

GoatPieceLuffy - Jan 8

47 by SpiderMiles3523 »»
Jun 7, 4:14 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 29, 2022

1017 by RafaKojiro »»
Jun 6, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 27, 2022

993 by Coinos »»
Jun 2, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 20, 2022

389 by KediTime12 »»
Jun 2, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.