Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 13, 2022 2:29 AM

Oct 2021
So they are going to adapt 110ch into movie which gives me the feel that they are going to rush the hell out of it and pacing is also going to be irregular.
Personally I never enjoyed tv anime sequels to be movies even though it has its appeal in big screens . it ruins the hype and those who can’t manage to watch anime movies in theatres need to wait whole year for the BD version or else they need to lick the CAM RIP version.
Aug 13, 2022 2:35 AM
Dec 2020
Atoferatofe said:
So they are going to adapt 110ch into movie which gives me the feel that they are going to rush the hell out of it and pacing is also going to be irregular.
Personally I never enjoyed tv anime sequels to be movies even though it has its appeal in big screens . it ruins the hype and those who can’t manage to watch anime movies in theatres need to wait whole year for the BD version or else they need to lick the CAM RIP version.

I think there is a mistranslation, I believe it will be final season (s5) then a two part movie
Aug 13, 2022 2:39 AM

Oct 2021
Sanyko20 said:
Atoferatofe said:

I think there is a mistranslation, I believe it will be final season (s5) then a two part movie

https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/1558384574702489600?s=21&t=89g3IYUvAT3jYCNkNPgkLA

The guy who mistranslated said it was his mistake itself and agreed they are going to end the series with 2 movies and yeah there is no season 5 .
Aug 13, 2022 2:41 AM

Jun 2016
Sorry OP but movies make a fuck ton of money so I don't see them stopping.
Sanyko20 said:

This sounds more reasonable.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Aug 13, 2022 2:42 AM
Dec 2020
Atoferatofe said:
Sanyko20 said:

https://twitter.com/soukatsu_/status/1558384574702489600?s=21&t=89g3IYUvAT3jYCNkNPgkLA

The guy who mistranslated said it was his mistake itself and agreed they are going to end the series with 2 movies and yeah there is no season 5 .

Those 2 movies better be 6 hours long each
Aug 13, 2022 2:44 AM

Jul 2019
they can piss off. i don't understand it either. is it really that more profitable than TV?

not like HQ is big-time shit these days anyway. been filtering out viewers during its lifespan
Aug 13, 2022 2:45 AM
Feb 2020
I really hope they do a S5 to wrap up all of the HS Tourney, then a movie to do Brazil and V-league.

Just doing two movies definitely seems like it would rush the ending of the series.
Aug 13, 2022 2:49 AM

Jan 2021
Yeah man I am worried about the pacing as well. If its true then we are surely going to see many cuts and bad pacing. Still hoping for the best but I guess its time for me to jump into the manga.
If you enjoyed the time you wasted, then its not a waste of time.

Aug 13, 2022 2:52 AM

Jan 2021
That's underwhelming news, this really turns down the hype since Japan take forever to release shows that ain't a big hit in the west...Also RIP to the final arc, this is either going to set up season 5 or ruin the ending.

Aug 13, 2022 3:28 AM
Mar 2021
There’s going to be a final season followed by 2 movies, the first will round the season off, the second is timeskip
Aug 13, 2022 4:37 AM

Feb 2017
I think that waiting is not really a problem, at least for me, but transforming a part/arc into a movie has to be well done and not forced like here with Haikyuu.
Aug 13, 2022 5:30 AM
Dec 2016
zyume said:
There’s going to be a final season followed by 2 movies, the first will round the season off, the second is timeskip

Please give me the source for the confirmation of Season 5
Aug 13, 2022 7:04 AM
Feb 2021
at this point idc if I am being unreasonable but I need a 40 episode season like don't miss a fcuking panel.

The movies are still gonna be rushed or probably not cover the timeskip as proper animation just adding the panels in the credits or something which is low-key disappointing.
Aug 13, 2022 7:08 AM
Oct 2020
This is a slap to the fans who waited for the anime to come back. Fuck your profit I’m watching it like a pirate and buying the manga.

Movies won’t even make more money than the seasons would too. This series really could’ve been one that adapted a great sports manga from page to screen amazingly but it’s wacked up now.
Aug 13, 2022 7:25 AM
Oct 2020
UltimateKai said:
This is a slap to the fans who waited for the anime to come back. Fuck your profit I’m watching it like a pirate and buying the manga.

Movies won’t even make more money than the seasons would too. This series really could’ve been one that adapted a great sports manga from page to screen amazingly but it’s wacked up now.

I agree, i’m just waiting to pirate the movie out of principle. Call this rude/disrespectful/ungrateful if you want but if you keep pumping money into these movies it will become the new standard (as if it already isn’t).

This is such a blatant grab for money and a slap in the face to people who would’ve loved to see the final arcs animated, there’s no way you can fit everything left into two movies without cutting giant chunks out.

Screw you Mugen train I blame you for this entirely
Aug 13, 2022 7:34 AM
Oct 2020
Goobris said:
UltimateKai said:

I agree, i’m just waiting to pirate the movie out of principle. Call this rude/disrespectful/ungrateful if you want but if you keep pumping money into these movies it will become the new standard (as if it already isn’t).

This is such a blatant grab for money and a slap in the face to people who would’ve loved to see the final arcs animated, there’s no way you can fit everything left into two movies without cutting giant chunks out.

Facts and ik the movie will make money anyway which is infuriating. They really saw one of the best sports anime/manga franchise right now and in general as another cash cow which sucks.
Aug 13, 2022 7:36 AM

Jul 2019
I don't understand how people can act surprised by this news when the manga ended a year or two ago. They gotta make profits. One of the main reasons they split the final season of AoT into parts is due to this.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Aug 13, 2022 8:39 AM
boop boop

Mar 2018
LordSozin said:
I don't understand how people can act surprised by this news when the manga ended a year or two ago. They gotta make profits. One of the main reasons they split the final season of AoT into parts is due to this.

That is not the reason lol
死だけが確実
Aug 13, 2022 9:39 AM

Jan 2020
I don't like it either. I was hoping for the rest of it to be adapted into TV series, at least 1. I hope it's a mistranslation as mentioned above.

NextUniverse said:
they can piss off. i don't understand it either. is it really that more profitable than TV?

not like HQ is big-time shit these days anyway. been filtering out viewers during its lifespan
It is. If it gets a theatrical release, they make a shit ton of money. More than what they'd make if they sell it to a streaming website.

LordSozin said:

What? But AoT isn't going to receive a movie adaptation for the finale. They also don't make more money from splitting the seasons, the money comes from potentially increasing manga sales because of the delayed sequel.
I sometimes forget to finish my sentences.
Aug 13, 2022 12:08 PM

Aug 2012
Horrible news. This is going to be super bad. Sad.
Aug 13, 2022 1:07 PM

Dec 2019
We know nothing about how much's going to be adapted, how long the movies will be or if there will still be another season afterwards. I get why people are worried because of how much is left to adapt but I don't think we should be getting all doom and gloom. We still have a year to go before we get any more news about anything so I think it's best to remain hopeful instead of proclaiming the franchise to be ruined.
Aug 13, 2022 1:17 PM

Jan 2009
movies are shorter length so good for the animators to have more time polishing the drawings and animation though

plus movies usually gives them more profit due to not paying TV licenses or no more TV station member for the production committee
Aug 13, 2022 2:59 PM
Aug 2020
Goobris said:
UltimateKai said:

facts im not lending my money to this we waited two years just ti be disappointed

support the manga yall one of the best i ever read
Aug 13, 2022 3:18 PM

Jul 2017
I'm afraid the producers can't see you OP

Aug 13, 2022 5:47 PM

May 2021
Nah, KnY's movie was better than S1 and I can already tell Kaguya-Sama's movie is gonna be a banger. The trick is to make sure to NOT ADAPT FUCKING 100(more than) CHAPTERS in just 2 movies.

Aug 13, 2022 6:01 PM

Aug 2021
Well I’m glad i read the manga

More topics from this board

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Captain_Rogers - Dec 18, 2020

199 by Kachu-sama »»
Jun 14, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2020

161 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:58 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2020

88 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 6:23 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2020

78 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Haikyuu!!: To the Top 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2020

120 by iamsnakeuu »»
Jun 11, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.