Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2022 8:29 AM

Nov 2011
With the latest episode, we got a buildup with the outbreak of war. Hope Shion is doing, hope she can cope with the conflict.

Amou as well. He needs to be prepared mentally and physically.
Stark700Jun 13, 2022 8:33 AM
Jun 13, 2022 9:25 AM

Jul 2017
The Boundary War hails once again, only this time it's the NAC vs. the NJCO, and the NAC won't spare anyone trying to bring them down.

With Masaki's heroic KIA death, Shion definitely felt what Amou felt with his PTSD, and it can be hard to control emotions in the face of this circumstance, and a sendoff proper. But soon enough, the NAC will come out with AMAIMs, Ghost and its fleet of tactical AIs enough to pulverize the NJCO...on forecast.

The large-scale Hokuriku war between New Japan vs. North America, and everyone must be more than ready. And something like going to a shrine for good luck is a necessity for Japanese people, hope they can make it out alive. Misuzu's data to power their own tactical AIs to match, it's gonna help them in the long run as the D-Day comes.

The opening speech of the NAC's propaganda and the NJCO's reconciliation...kicks off this bloodbath of a war to found a brand new Japan of their very own...

Godspeed everyone. The time has come...for war.
Jun 13, 2022 9:38 AM

Feb 2019
That look on Amou’s face when Gai said he wanted to see the world with him.. so cute, please don’t be any major deaths next week. After masaki these kids have been thru enough. This really really drove home how hard this conflict’s been on them. Overwhelming odds.. it’ll be tough but I believe.
Jun 13, 2022 9:49 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
When awaiting the storm to break the best thing to do is always to keep busy. Focusing on the mission and pushing aside everything aside until is over cruel as it sounds is something that's very necessary on the field. Bringing in the bigshots to oversee their presumed victory huh the yanks really love to dream big. Cleaning out a deceased comrades belongings is always a sad thing. But his conduct did at least change the opinion of those that were still on the fence regarding their worth. German is one slippery SOB. The identity of the suits sure was a surprise. Its funny how similar the motivations for warmongers are though. Still the odds that the team are facing sure are steep. The speech though was really well done. I loved the contrast between the resistance leader and the NAC's commander in their speeches. Overall a calm ep that while doing well to showcase the moves that both sides made as they prepared for the invasion also threw some nice curveballs at us as well. Looking forward to seeing how the invasion goes next ep.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2022 10:09 AM

May 2021
Great episode! Seems Shion felt the same way this episode that Amou has been feeling in the past...
War has arrived!

Godspeed.

Looking forward to the next episode!
AISHITERU...REM!
Jun 13, 2022 10:13 AM
Sep 2015
I love that the DILF mini-villain guy from the first episode of the first season is now our ally. But other part is quite painful to watch, especially at Masaki's loss.
Jun 13, 2022 2:08 PM

Jun 2021
So this episode is pretty much the calm before the storm. It's finally time for the NJCO and the NAC to face off in a decisive battle. The NAC clearly have the advantage with Ghost on their side so the NJCO will need a miracle to win.
Jun 13, 2022 4:55 PM
May 2020
I'm glad that this series can balance the action, grief, intrigue and world building. Bravo!
Jun 15, 2022 12:28 AM

Apr 2016
The "Commander in Chief" of the North American forces personally arrives to command a battle on the Japanese warfront. He also arrives in a military uniform. I get the impression that he is not a democratically elected president, but rather that the North American faction is controlled by some sort of military junta, and that the "Commander in Chief" is actually a general who has ascended to the highest rank and controls the faction.

I am curious as to how the military could seemingly control the government of the entirety of North America. North America is separated from the rest of the world by oceans, and it would be impractical for overseas nations to try to invade and occupy the NA. It is unlikely that the military rose in power due to an existential threat. However, I live in the US and there is a strong war cult/blind worship of the state and adoration for soldiers, so perhaps the US became a military dictatorship in the same way that the Roman Republic fell, and this dictatorship has proceeded to annex the rest of North America.

The CIC seems to be pretty unlikeable. Given the feel good nature of this show, I'm guessing he's going to die, and Brad's father will succeed him as CIC and order a withdraw from Japan?
Jun 19, 2022 1:43 PM
Oct 2019
no mecha action this ep, this is the first one of the series if i am not mistaken

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2022

31 by SSSS_Shunaria »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:31 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - May 16, 2022

16 by Danlar390 »»
Oct 15, 2023 6:50 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2022

12 by Deago »»
Sep 16, 2023 4:06 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai Senki Part 2 Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 18, 2022

22 by Deago »»
Jul 7, 2023 10:35 PM

» New Kyoukai Senki project

NogueraB - Feb 15, 2023

0 by NogueraB »»
Feb 15, 2023 8:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.