Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2022 6:37 AM

Dec 2021
I have a couple of manga volumes but I prefer reading online. But I can't find any good websites to read on. And I need some good manga suggestions to start with.

May 31, 2022 6:54 AM

Apr 2022
Well, for inspiration as to what to read, MAL's top list is a pretty good starting point.
May 31, 2022 7:55 AM

Mar 2018
I use MangaBuddy when I read manga online.

For manga suggestions, I would go to the manga search on myanimelist and pick a genre you like and go from there.
May 31, 2022 8:23 AM
Dec 2017
go for stuff based on your own tastes and interests.

May 31, 2022 9:42 AM

Dec 2021
mangadex.org is one of the best sites out there imo, has translations for other langauges too
you can either start w/ high rated manga on mal, or read the manga of an anime you enjoyed
or if you wanna start fresh, just filter by genre, demographic etc. until you find smth catered to your tastes
May 31, 2022 6:23 PM
Jul 2019
Grab tachiyomi and read the world is mine

May 31, 2022 6:33 PM

May 2020
Im not that much of a reader but i am getting slowly on reading more manga lately.

For me, it is preferrable to read/catch-up to shorter ones which are less than a 100 chapters.

Its daunting to read long ones especially if you are new.

As for websites, mangadex or mangakakalot are my sources.

As for some that i read, most of them are romance manga like Kubo-san for example.

Also, i recommend Sousou no Frieren.
Great 1st chapter ngl.
" Kindness can sometimes lead you to trouble. "

May 31, 2022 6:53 PM

Feb 2021
interest stacks can be very helpful in cases like this, try navigating there. and there's a lot of accessible websites for reading– unless you're looking for the obscure niche no one's heard of, otherwise it's pretty much out there already.

if you meant transitioning from anime to manga, it is a matter of adaptability. try reading short works first, just so you could adjust to the medium's format.
Jun 1, 2022 12:34 AM
Feb 2021
Lately i read manga more rather than watch some anime. It started from my curiosity with the continuation of The Promised Neverland S1. after that i realized that it become easier to read manga.
First, try to read some manga that are not to long (less than 50 chapter).
Secondly, you could try to read some works from a notable author/mangaka (for me the opener is Naoki Urosawa, Adachi Mitsuru, and Kouji Seo).
Lastly, try some manga genre you like
Oh and the site, i recommend manganato cause it's fast in my country (Indoneesia). Feel free to see my manga or anime list if you want some recommendation (although be careful cause some of them are 18+)
MrCubicsJun 1, 2022 12:37 AM
Jun 1, 2022 1:13 AM

Jan 2021
For finding manga to read i suggest: go to an anime based on a manga you liked and check out the authors other works or go to the manga page of the anime and look at the recommendations. Also another thing is get something that interests you and look for a manga about it. For where to read: download Tachiyomi and look up how to add manga if you are confused. Hope that was helpful!

チュブリツァ

Jun 1, 2022 11:01 AM

Mar 2022
-Read the manga for anime you liked
-If you find a manga you like, see who made it and read their other works
-Check to see if manga you liked has any interesting-looking recommendations here on MAL
-Lots of people make YouTube videos on their favorite manga series, so if you want to get into a random series, check some of these videos out and see if anything seems like something you would like
-Start with shorter series
-Take your time reading, if you read too fast it's possible you'll miss something
-Have fun! (this tip is the most important)
The siren of a flightless bird

Quietly destroying its cage

Dance, until tonight, with a raised voice-

For I don't want to lose hope!

-Utsuro wo Aogu, Vivid BAS SQUAD
Jun 2, 2022 4:24 PM
Feb 2021
tips from me:

1. Using background music of mixed soundtracks you like makes the experience more immersive.

2. Avoid starting too many manga at the same time. I suffer from this atm since I have started way too many series and have difficult time finishing any of them.

3. As my favorite Berserk is my go to recommendation but it is not for everyone. Very heavy on gore and sexual content. Those are handled well in the manga but not everyone likes their fiction dark.

Vinland saga is a bit less gore oriented and a great manga as well. Little less action focused after first 50 ish chapters but still my 2nd favorite.

Kingdom is also a very good one. Bit more black and white in terms of good and evil than Berserk or Vinland are but has great action and interesting setting. Main character is more of a shonen protagonist type with a clear dream they try to accomplish during the series.

You can also check out some webtoons like Solo leveling or The beginning after the end. Both are good power fantasy style stories IMO. Not everyone's cup of tea but having them full color is usually easier change for anime only watcher

Also you will find most manga online just by googling [Manga name] chapter 1
Jul 29, 2022 7:56 PM

Oct 2021
I've been reading manga for around 2 years now and the way I started was with Killing Stalking (NOT a good idea but oh well), but after that I read a bunch of different types to find what I was into. I went from horror to romance to comedy and so on. Through that I discovered I like psychological romance and comedy romance. I think its a good way to find what you like and you can the stick with that specific genre if you want. Also starting out with only a few chapters or few volume type manga is best so you're not stuck on some long manga you end up not liking.
BlueGhost_08Jul 30, 2022 1:19 PM
Jul 29, 2022 10:41 PM

Apr 2016
Since you like Jojo you, and you are watching Season 6 right now, you could start by reading it.
Jul 31, 2022 2:41 AM

Mar 2021
Start small and try some manga that are under 100 chapters. You can also try the manga equivalents to your favorite series.
"Molly Ringwald" out right now - check my Linktree!

Jul 31, 2022 7:56 PM
Jul 2022
Read at your own pace, unlike Anime you can read chapter by chapter.
Dec 15, 2022 8:29 AM
Aug 2021
When you burnout of anime
Dec 26, 2022 9:09 AM

Apr 2021
If you want to discover new manga you can find manga recomendations on youtube, scroll trough MAL/Anilist and if volume cover catches your attention look at its synopsis, ganers and try giving it a go, search recommendations for manga you read before.
For reading you can use tachiyomi app.

More topics from this board

» 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MRC_mod - Jan 20

176 by Kazzeon »»
4 hours ago

Sticky: » 2024 Manga Reading Challenge - Sign Up ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MRC_mod - Jan 18

410 by Stargate18 »»
6 hours ago

» Manga with nice double spread

Rissio - Yesterday

3 by M2zC »»
9 hours ago

» What do Battler Ushiromiya and Guido Mista have in common?

Saori_Shun - 11 hours ago

0 by Saori_Shun »»
11 hours ago

Sticky: » The 'Help Identifying This Manga/Character' Thread v3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Mar 19, 2022

1092 by Dead_Walk »»
Today, 6:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.