Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Date A Live (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 28, 2022 4:25 PM
Mar 2019
Look here, i know some of you alls complaint about the bland new girls, copy paste character design and especially, CGI fight scene. To be honest, the studio is not a big studio so you can't expect all of episodes to be flawless as shit like Ufotable. For me the art design (character face) and especially, the background art in this season is a step up from the previous. And the highlight is, the fight scene. Cgi fight is okay for me tho, they mix the fight between 2d and 3d and make it reasonable. Like from genshin impact vd game, i think the studio did a good job. So i as a veteran fans of DAL and also light novel readers to the haters, you all watch the show for free and yet got a unreasonable complaints like wth. Give some credits for the part they did excel and stop all this rubbish bash. Im happy this got new season so be grateful for god sake. Sorry for my long text.
Peace brother
https://malsignature.com/?/view?username=
Auzaie2019May 28, 2022 7:02 PM
May 28, 2022 4:32 PM
Feb 2021
i agree i love this show and greatfull we even get a season 4 for me its a dream came true
May 28, 2022 5:02 PM
Jul 2020
I love it. It’s very well done and I think studio did very good job so far. Animation is very nice and CG is not that bad, not the best but it is not hurting my eyes. I am satisfied and really glad we got season 4.
May 28, 2022 5:11 PM

Sep 2020
The only thing I mildly dislike on this season is Mukuro. She is not bad by all means but imo is the weakest of all the girls we have seen character wise. Nia is a really great addition to this show too.

The CGI is really good and like you said, the animation is really good. The backgrounds and beautifully done and I hope Geek Toys carries on with the series instead of another studio change.

I’ve not found much to complain about this season and it’s been a fun ride so far
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 28, 2022 6:22 PM

Jan 2020
As a dub watcher, the only things I don’t like are the cgi and Shido’s voice these past couple of episodes. I understand the VA Josh Grelle is ill tho, so it’s unfortunate.
May 28, 2022 7:03 PM
Mar 2019
Dejf_vole said:
I love it. It’s very well done and I think studio did very good job so far. Animation is very nice and CG is not that bad, not the best but it is not hurting my eyes. I am satisfied and really glad we got season 4.

Yes, finally someone who appreciate the effort put by the studio
May 28, 2022 7:19 PM

Jul 2015
This studio has a history of horrendously butchering adaptations, so it was kinda expectable.
However, I still think they did way better job than I expected, because I was mentally prepared for utter garbage.

Anyway, Nia is THE (second) best girl, do that's where you're wrong.

May 28, 2022 8:26 PM
Tsumi To Kisei

Nov 2021
Auzaie2019 said:
Look here, i know some of you alls complaint about the bland new girls, copy paste character design and especially, CGI fight scene. To be honest, the studio is not a big studio so you can't expect all of episodes to be flawless as shit like Ufotable. For me the art design (character face) and especially, the background art in this season is a step up from the previous. And the highlight is, the fight scene. Cgi fight is okay for me tho, they mix the fight between 2d and 3d and make it reasonable. Like from genshin impact vd game, i think the studio did a good job. So i as a veteran fans of DAL and also light novel readers to the haters, you all watch the show for free and yet got a unreasonable complaints like wth. Give some credits for the part they did excel and stop all this rubbish bash. Im happy this got new season so be grateful for god sake. Sorry for my long text.
Peace brother
I am really delighted that they did a fourth season, which for me was really unexpected, oh well but even if the CGI is really bad I don't pay any attention to it, I care more that they did a really nice character design
May 28, 2022 8:36 PM

Jul 2011
I like it. Date A Live, has never been a top rated anime for me, but I have enjoyed it.
May 28, 2022 8:58 PM
Jun 2020
I’ve spent the last month binge watching all previous seasons of Date A Live for the very first time and season 4 has been my favorite so far! Im so glad we have a modern art style now. Also the Ed is such a bop!!
May 28, 2022 10:19 PM
Jun 2021
Who cares my money is on a new studio making season 5 on that note like the thread says just be happy it got a new season
May 28, 2022 10:58 PM
Apr 2022
Of course, grateful

this season, for me, is the best season in date a live ,

in terms of directing, this season is better too much than season 2 and 3 , to be honest, the first season was better in animation, but the art style in this season is the best

thanks geek toys.
May 28, 2022 11:10 PM
Jan 2020
"You should be grateful for this shitty adaptation"
May 28, 2022 11:31 PM
May 2021
I am really liking this season 🔥🔥. what's the problem with the haters bruh? the animation looks clean, they are using CG sometimes but it's good. Soundtracks have also improved 👌🏻👌🏻🔥
May 29, 2022 12:11 AM
Jul 2019
Like it's literally just under a minute of janking CGI and all those people have to come out to bash on it
May 29, 2022 12:51 AM
Dec 2021
I totally agree after binging all the seasons+ova+movie and announcement of season 4 release was a blessing for me I hope we'll see more of DAL in the future
May 29, 2022 1:08 AM

Mar 2020
Yeah no it fucking sucks and I am starting to think it would've been better if they never made it. Also, this stupid idea that we owe the studio who made the anime is ridiculous! Its not like they made it out of their own kindness you know? In fact they don't give a fuck about international fans like you
May 29, 2022 1:30 AM
Dec 2019
The only thing I don’t like about this season is the CGI fight scenes/ moment but everything else is perfect as far as I’m concerned, you can’t expect everyone to appreciate it for what it is, but keep in mind everyone you seen bashing on this season or expressing their gripes don’t even make up a thrid if fans that like this anime but I agree they could chillax with the complaining it’s actually unnecessary 😂 but hey we got and most likely will be getting another season of fate a live so they can go suck it 😎👌🏼💯
May 29, 2022 1:33 AM
Dec 2019
Auzaie2019 said:
Peace brother

Apprentice the thread, date a live is doing more than fine right now, you may see a couple nay sayers but ignore them we getting season 5 cause we got season 4 so that should tell you how good date a live is doing right now
May 29, 2022 2:32 AM
Aug 2021
I like this anime but season 4 makes me a bit disappointed, because most of the fighting scenes are made with CGI
May 29, 2022 2:37 AM

Jan 2018
if you're a fan, do not support shitty anime adaptation. voice out your concern, I mean most don't even know who did the animation excellently instead the studio will get the fame if it's done properly.
May 29, 2022 3:15 AM

Mar 2021
Anyone who thinks it is a generic harem basically lacks any critical thinking nor comprehension skills, especially if they have been watching this far. There is a lot of plot buildup towards the spirit of origin.

As for the animation, the only real complaint is that ep 6 and 8 heavily used cgi for the characters fighting. The 2s composites is still amazing as are the mecha and ships. My guess this was a short cut taken because any1 can tell that dal is not an easy show to animate. You have tons of mecha and ships handled by a smaller studio for a series that is not extremely proditable. Most of the gatekeepers are not very bright in understanding action shows with lots of mecha isnt easy to make for smaller production committees.

Anyways if the last 4 episodes action used dab rather than cgi characters in ep 6 and 8, we should be able to rest easy. We still have 1 or 2 more seasons to go so they can learn from any related mistakes.
May 29, 2022 4:25 AM
Aug 2021
yea so far it’s decent
May 30, 2022 9:47 AM
Nov 2019
I am grateful we got a season 4
But I just think it’s been rushed…

And what about kurumi’s arc ?

I hope from episode 8-12 it’s about kurumi and what she has todo with shido and the fight against DEM industries

And maybe we finally know who phantom

I mean I already know what happens and how it ends with the light novel

But was hoping the anime would do it justice but… hmm 🤔 to early to tell but hopefully it ends better

More topics from this board

» Date A Live IV opening

blood898pt - Apr 6, 2022

34 by yungneutron »»
May 6, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2022

52 by Banana1233441 »»
Apr 28, 4:32 AM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2022

156 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Date A Live IV Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Giorgosman13 - Apr 8, 2022

122 by MinaseNagi »»
Apr 24, 4:51 AM

Poll: » Female (only) anime viewers Reviews on Tokisaki Kurumi.

Zark_42 - Apr 20

5 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 21, 12:36 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.