Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 29, 2023 4:51 AM

Apr 2022
Sprout is now open source!

https://github.com/ameobea/sprout

The full website, recommendation algorithm, training code, data collection code, and everything else is there.
Jul 10, 2023 11:44 AM

Mar 2013
Hi, I like this tool, can you make one for manga and cross medium recommendations? And also, when is it going to be updated?
I know your PTW list is bigger than your completed list.
Jul 12, 2023 10:48 AM

Apr 2022
Eternal-Destiny said:
Hi, I like this tool, can you make one for manga and cross medium recommendations? And also, when is it going to be updated?
Hi, thanks for checking it out!

> can you make one for manga and cross medium recommendations

This is something I considered. I went as far as to collect a decent amount of users' manga profiles to use to train a different model.  However, there's far less data for manga available than for anime. I'm not sure what the quality of the model would be as a result of that.  It's something I might explore in the future though!

> when is it going to be updated?

I aim to re-train the model with fresh data from newly released anime and updates profiles every 6 months or so.  The last time I did so was in January, so I should do that pretty soon!
Jul 12, 2023 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
Very cool anime recommendation tool, but it seems like it is not re-fetching my profile after 5 minutes. Is there anyway we can get a button to force it to refresh?
Jul 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Apr 2022
DeadRisingStar said:
Very cool anime recommendation tool, but it seems like it is not re-fetching my profile after 5 minutes. Is there anyway we can get a button to force it to refresh?
Hey, I looked into this and it seems that my code for caching profiles was caching them for waaay longer than it was supposed to.  It should be fixed now - tyvm for letting me know!
Aug 5, 2023 11:53 PM
Jun 2020
dude its awesome.... i tried and i loved what you have done.
Aug 19, 2023 10:59 AM
Jun 2013
When you think to make some update of your page.
Is it possible to add options with "date range".
Sep 28, 2023 4:18 AM

Mar 2013
Hi, its been a while, when is it going to be updated? because we're on late september and last update was back in january and it's supposed to have a new update every 6 months.
I know your PTW list is bigger than your completed list.
Oct 3, 2023 10:09 AM

Jun 2022
Just gave it a try, seems pretty accurate with most of the things I watch. It even picked up on the things I was planning to watch and completely forgot about it. 100% useful!
Dec 4, 2023 4:13 PM

Apr 2022
I've started up the process for training a new version of the model including the past ~9 months of user profiles and newly released anime. Should be live on the site in a week or two!
Apr 6, 7:15 AM
Oct 2018
if possible could you please add the following options
- Show more recommendations as its not enough
- genre picker to recommend more within a certain subset
Apr 6, 4:54 PM

Apr 2012
I think what it could really do is knowledge of "these things are all part of the same narrative". When it says "recommended because you like Revue Starlight TV" and "recommended because you like Revue Starlight film", it makes me suspect Revue Starlight is basically being counted twice because it's a TV series followed by a film. Also, what you really want to be able to turn of is "things I've already seen part of" (and so probably already know to consider) rather than "ONAs / OVAs / Specials" since there's no obvious reason to turn off OVAs or ONAs which aren't connected to any other anime. MAL has its connections links, so I would have thought it was possible.
Apr 13, 6:16 PM

Jul 2013
Thanks for the offer. But I don't need your service ATM. I already enjoy the services I already have.
May 18, 2:33 PM

Dec 2019
Can't you make it more like
https://github.com/rickycorte/maki-web

Even if you don't make an API, you could make a system that somehow uses the MAL username and gives specific random anime recommendations that this specific user would likely like

For now your site not only has no API, but also the recommendations seem to be static and always the same (at least for over a period of a couple of days)
May 18, 6:40 PM

Jul 2013
Who would be dumb enough to trust AI software lol??
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» DBS Dream Fairy Match Girl "Nana" ("Yuna")

MasterTasuke - May 20

6 by MasterTasuke »»
2 hours ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1633 by AverageRiceFan »»
4 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

383 by DOSS300 »»
Jun 7, 11:52 PM

» Looking for cool MAL profile ideas

KurayamiDarkness - Apr 3, 2023

7 by Oxiq »»
Jun 6, 10:27 AM

» Anime quiz website 2.0

Khoi369 - Jun 2

8 by Pg13_ »»
Jun 5, 10:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.