Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 4, 2021 5:34 PM
Dec 2019
I haven't watched Jojo in a long time so I might be wrong.
Dec 4, 2021 6:53 PM
Mar 2021
Fr. It doesn’t really feel like jojos compared to parts 3,4,5
Dec 4, 2021 7:20 PM
Jul 2020
Too much blue color in this season tbh I mean I'm okay with it
Dec 4, 2021 7:53 PM

Oct 2021
DaPlane said:
Fr. It doesn’t really feel like jojos compared to parts 3,4,5

All of those parts have incredibly different artstyles even between themselves. DP always changes things up.
Dec 4, 2021 8:06 PM
Feb 2021
Maybe it’s just me, but there were more shadows and lines on the characters in part 5.
Dec 4, 2021 8:19 PM
Nov 2019
Yeah, they apparently had a horrible schedule, worse than AOT season 4 part 1 in some ways.
Dec 4, 2021 8:46 PM
Mar 2021
bllizzo said:
Maybe it’s just me, but there were more shadows and lines on the characters in part 5.
I feel that. I think it works tho since the setting is in a prison.
Dec 4, 2021 9:10 PM
Feb 2021
Me just happy to get a part 6 and in December where i don't have anything else new to watch.
Think about those shows who get stopped after two seasons and say go read the manga T_T.

But yes it is different.
Dec 4, 2021 10:09 PM
May 2021
every part has it's own unique artstyle. eg. part 4 is very soft, while part 5 is very rigid.
Dec 4, 2021 10:18 PM

Dec 2020
It is kinda lacking. The fights don't seem to have an impact. I won't blame David Pro in anyway. Netflix always fu*ks up good mangas anyway

Dec 4, 2021 10:37 PM
Dec 2019
racers551 said:
Yeah, they apparently had a horrible schedule, worse than AOT season 4 part 1 in some ways.
cmon dude they don't even release much anime, so dont blame everything on schedule
Dec 4, 2021 11:12 PM

Feb 2021
I think it looks better than part 5, at least the color does
Dec 5, 2021 12:42 AM

Apr 2021
Of course it's different. Every jojo part has different art style and animation.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2021 2:11 AM

Mar 2018
Characters and stands are animated in 3D in some scenes. Some minor elements also. I hope there will not be more 3D in next episodes

Dec 5, 2021 4:24 AM

Oct 2018
Hentai_heaven said:
racers551 said:
cmon dude they don't even release much anime, so dont blame everything on schedule

You do realize that a lot of problems come with the schedule, right? Studios are most, if not all the time, when big companies are involved in the production/airing scheduling of a show, not at fault, they're simply animating and producing the product in the short span of time that was given to them, they can't just bend it if they want to.

AOT S4P1 staff actually asked for more time, a good example of a big problem in the industry, and it was completely refused, as the anime was demanded to be aired at the time it did, making the animators and director cut a lot of corners, making some episodes look choppy. This is most likely what happened here with DP too, Netflix and Warner pressuring the Studio to animate a single cour of the show with less 3 months to work with.

Yes, weekly releases can sometimes help to fix mistakes, correct proportions and expand upon scenes, and cutting these weeks out of the picture just forces the animators to cut corners with alternatives, that is most likely why there was A LOT of CGI used, mainly in the White Snake vs Jolyne encounter and Rangler Model, this was one of the ways DP was able to cut corners and speed up production of these episodes, and it's noticeable that they were pressured into finishing the last 3 episodes quickly, as they all look strange, in a way, either having really good looking scenes at times but then poorly made shots and peculiar CGI usage.
Dec 5, 2021 6:51 AM

Sep 2011
the art just looks generally less details most the time, though that can be a little muddied by how literally dark part 5 was so it had harder shadows and colors while part 6 is really bright and saturated in colors. But I definitely thing it looks considerably worse

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 5, 2021 8:01 AM
Nov 2019
Hentai_heaven said:
racers551 said:

It is a scheduling issue for David productions. That's a fact. Theres no difference in experience between MAPPA and David productions, and I don't think David productions had an earthquake while making corrections. The only thing that can explain it is if the production time was horrible, which sources have confirmed one way or another.
Dec 5, 2021 9:25 PM
Mar 2021
Its smoother and art style feels inspired by american shows
Dec 5, 2021 10:58 PM

Aug 2021
Hentai_heaven said:
racers551 said:
Tell me you don't know how the anime industry works, without telling me you don't know how the anime industry works
Dec 6, 2021 5:25 AM
Dec 2019
Daryllkun said:
Hentai_heaven said:
Tell me you don't know how the anime industry works, without telling me you don't know how the anime industry works
ofcourse kid blame everything on netflix.if they didnt have schedule they could have gone for weekly schedule but money sways everyone. It's not like they were handling two different shows nor had they released anime prior. I'm not shitting on studio, it's just same studio used to do better.
Hentai_heavenDec 6, 2021 5:30 AM
Dec 6, 2021 6:08 AM

Aug 2021
Hentai_heaven said:
Daryllkun said:
ofcourse kid blame everything on netflix.if they didnt have schedule they could have gone for weekly schedule but money sways everyone. It's not like they were handling two different shows nor had they released anime prior. I'm not shitting on studio, it's just same studio used to do better.
POV: you don't know how anime industry works

bruh, it's not the studio that decides if the anime will be weekly or not, the higher-ups or the producers decide it. Also, anime in netflix are always not weekly. Your username is Hentai_heaven, it's like when a 12 year old discovers hentai and use it as a username to be cool and adult, so I don't think that you should be using the word "kid"
Dec 6, 2021 6:16 AM

Jul 2017
Yep, it looks much cheaper, uninspired and inconsistent visually compared to previous parts, and a downgrade from a Part 5 that wasn't even that amazing in this department either. It's by no means the worst series I've seen visually of course, just fairly disappointing compared to the standards set in early parts given the reputation David Production has with handling the source material with tons of care and passion. The 12 episodes so far somewhat lacks that when I saw it, but that might change with future batches.
Dec 6, 2021 6:17 AM
Dec 2019
Daryllkun said:
Hentai_heaven said:

bruh, it's not the studio that decides if the anime will be weekly or not, the higher-ups or the producers decide it. Also, anime in netflix are always not weekly. Your username is Hentai_heaven, it's like when a 12 year old discovers hentai and use it as a username to be cool and adult, so I don't think you should be using the word "kid"
kid has demon slayer and mha in his fav and is calling me a noob.
Firstly studio can decide if they are in production committee.
Secondly, what tight schedule huh? I can understand if studio was busy with multiple works which dp doesn't have. Just admit it, very few studios go all out for sequels.
Dec 6, 2021 6:42 AM

Aug 2021
Hentai_heaven said:
Daryllkun said:

bruh, it's not the studio that decides if the anime will be weekly or not, the higher-ups or the producers decide it. Also, anime in netflix are always not weekly. Your username is Hentai_heaven, it's like when a 12 year old discovers hentai and use it as a username to be cool and adult, so I don't think you should be using the word "kid"
Secondly, what tight schedule huh? I can understand if studio was busy with multiple works which dp doesn't have. Just admit it, very few studios go all out for sequels.
Are you blind? I didn't even say noob lmfao, kid=/=noob bruh, you sound like a kid on this one. Why are you still arguing with me, is it really hard to admit that you're wrong or just stay silent if you still have a little bit of shame left. And why are you arguing with me about tight schedule, I was just mentioning that you don't know how the anime industry works and pointing out your mistakes. Lastly, I didn't know that adults can't have mha and demon slayer as their favourite, seriously desperate ppl always come on my fave anime/manga just to think of a comeback. How sad.
27thEiffelDec 6, 2021 6:45 AM
Dec 6, 2021 6:49 AM
Dec 2019
Daryllkun said:
Hentai_heaven said:
Are you blind? I didn't even say noob lmfao, kid=\=noob bruh. Why are you still arguing with me, is it really hard to admit that you're wrong or just stay silent if you still have a little bit of shame left. And why are you arguing with me about tight schedule, I was just mentioning that you don't know how the anime industry works and pointing out your mistakes. Lastly, I didn't know that adults can't have mha and demon slayer as their favourite, seriously desperate ppl always come on my fave anime/manga just to think of a comeback.
looks like kid got triggered bruhhhhh.
What mistakes? what I said was absolutely right.desperate huh?you were the one to quote me first.kid has watched like 10 mainstream anime and is preaching me how anime industry work.
Bye bye child
Dec 6, 2021 7:02 AM

Mar 2016
I thought Part 6 so far has been extremely mediocre in visual presentation, which would make sense given how David Production has pretty much changed itself in terms of staff members over the recent years. While this new style may work for something like Fire Force for what it’s worth, it doesn’t befit Jojo’s case imho. A majority of them are ex-Shaft members from what I was told.
That and Netflix prison and lingering pandemic side effects hurts production-wise.
Dec 13, 2021 4:23 PM

Dec 2019
The overall visuals have definitely degraded. There seems to be a lack of cleanup in general, presumably due to scheduling. Thanks to the lack of cleanup, characters are off model *a lot* this season, and the way characters are drawn changes constantly. Cleanup artists ensure that each Key Animators' personal art style doesn't bleed into the character designs too much, and characters stay on model, which is why the character art is inconsistent.The animation itself isn't particularly impressive. Jojo is more known for its usage of detailed stills, but the drawings aren't very strong in general and are inconsistent in terms of details (partially due to the lack of cleanup). In- betweens are lacking in certain cuts, making actions look stiff and abrupt, for example in episode 4, when Jotaro used SPTW. Colouring doesn't feel as dynamic as previous parts, but is more akin to colouring techniques used in a vast majority of anime nowadays. Jojo is known for its detailed character designs, so excessive sakuga wasn't an expectation of mine going into part 6, but general fluidity has definitely decreased.

This may be because of the setting, but background art is very dull and lackluster at points. Background art in Jojo has changed in part 3+, utilizing bold/ noticeable outlines and lineart, but it isn't as noticeable in part 6 and the overall background style is more traditional.

Storyboarding is very weak this season. Previous parts had very strong, definitive, and dynamic directing, which this part lacks. Storyboarding is very generic, even for the classic Jojo stills, and action sequences are unimpressive and serviceable at most.

The visuals are definitely a step down from previous seasons.
KayY_YDec 13, 2021 10:51 PM
Dec 13, 2021 8:03 PM

Apr 2021
KayY_J said:
The overall visuals have definitely degraded. There seems to be a lack of cleanup in general, presumably due to scheduling. Thanks to the lack of cleanup, characters are off model *a lot* this season, and the way characters are drawn changes constantly. Cleanup artists ensure that each Key Animators personal art style doesn't bleed into the character designs too much, and characters stay on model, which is why the character art is inconsistent.The animation itself isn't particularly impressive. Jojo is more known for its usage of detailed stills, but the drawings aren't very strong in general and are inconsistent in terms of details (partially due to the lack of cleanup). In- betweens are lacking in certain cuts, making actions look stiff and abrupt, for example in episode 4, when Jotaro used SPTW. Colouring doesn't feel as dynamic as previous parts, but is more akin to colouring techniques used in a vast majority of anime nowadays. Jojo is known for its detailed character designs, so excessive sakuga wasn't an expectation of mine going into part 6, but general fluidity has definitely decreased.

This may be because of the setting, but background art is very dull and lackluster at points. Background art in Jojo has changed in part 3+, utilizing bold/ noticeable outlines and lineart, but tit isn't as noticeable in part 6 and the overall background style is more traditional.

Storyboarding is very weak this season. Previous parts had very strong, definitive, and dynamic directing, which this part lacks. Storyboarding is very generic, even for the classic Jojo stills, and action sequences are unimpressive and serviceable at most.

Ok Gordom Ransay of anime quality.
Dec 14, 2021 3:21 AM
Jan 2018
Tigasferu said:
Hentai_heaven said:

You do realize that a lot of problems come with the schedule, right? Studios are most, if not all the time, when big companies are involved in the production/airing scheduling of a show, not at fault, they're simply animating and producing the product in the short span of time that was given to them, they can't just bend it if they want to.

AOT S4P1 staff actually asked for more time, a good example of a big problem in the industry, and it was completely refused, as the anime was demanded to be aired at the time it did, making the animators and director cut a lot of corners, making some episodes look choppy. This is most likely what happened here with DP too, Netflix and Warner pressuring the Studio to animate a single cour of the show with less 3 months to work with.

Yes, weekly releases can sometimes help to fix mistakes, correct proportions and expand upon scenes, and cutting these weeks out of the picture just forces the animators to cut corners with alternatives, that is most likely why there was A LOT of CGI used, mainly in the White Snake vs Jolyne encounter and Rangler Model, this was one of the ways DP was able to cut corners and speed up production of these episodes, and it's noticeable that they were pressured into finishing the last 3 episodes quickly, as they all look strange, in a way, either having really good looking scenes at times but then poorly made shots and peculiar CGI usage.

The tweet from another thread indicated the new Dave production head is also the reason
Dec 14, 2021 6:44 AM

Dec 2019
Oongbuh said:
KayY_J said:
The overall visuals have definitely degraded. There seems to be a lack of cleanup in general, presumably due to scheduling. Thanks to the lack of cleanup, characters are off model *a lot* this season, and the way characters are drawn changes constantly. Cleanup artists ensure that each Key Animators personal art style doesn't bleed into the character designs too much, and characters stay on model, which is why the character art is inconsistent.The animation itself isn't particularly impressive. Jojo is more known for its usage of detailed stills, but the drawings aren't very strong in general and are inconsistent in terms of details (partially due to the lack of cleanup). In- betweens are lacking in certain cuts, making actions look stiff and abrupt, for example in episode 4, when Jotaro used SPTW. Colouring doesn't feel as dynamic as previous parts, but is more akin to colouring techniques used in a vast majority of anime nowadays. Jojo is known for its detailed character designs, so excessive sakuga wasn't an expectation of mine going into part 6, but general fluidity has definitely decreased.

This may be because of the setting, but background art is very dull and lackluster at points. Background art in Jojo has changed in part 3+, utilizing bold/ noticeable outlines and lineart, but tit isn't as noticeable in part 6 and the overall background style is more traditional.

Ok Gordom Ransay of anime quality.
The title of the thread is literally "Is it just me or is the animation slightly different compared to Part 5?". I'm just answering OP's question, I don't see the problem at all.
Dec 17, 2021 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
One of the best parts of this series is the variety in art styles and settings. This series wouldn’t be so wildly popular if all the seasons looked the same and used the exact same color palettes. It’s virtually impossible to keep the same staff producing every season of a series, so yeah, there’s gonna be changes. Where’s the issue, exactly?
Dec 17, 2021 4:49 PM

Jan 2013
Yeah, for sure.
Part 6 is definitely a more limited animation (production), with less complex lines and movement (kinda like part 4 was), less sakugas, etcetera. This is due to difficult schedule. Vento Aureo is EASILY the best animation JoJo's has ever had, and is completely ahead of the curve in that sense (i'm not sure how they were able to pulled it off), so is not gonna be easy to have another one 30+ animation like that again (maybe they will be able with SBR but is not gonna be a certainty, even though part 7 deserves it), but i'll say this: i like that all parts are differently animated in it's cour, and i don't think JoJo is a type of animation that need Sakugas or complex animation all the time, it hasn't been about that before, don't think it should be about it now.
Dec 21, 2021 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
Mizu said:
One of the best parts of this series is the variety in art styles and settings. This series wouldn’t be so wildly popular if all the seasons looked the same and used the exact same color palettes. It’s virtually impossible to keep the same staff producing every season of a series, so yeah, there’s gonna be changes. Where’s the issue, exactly?
This isnt a matter of art style shift, it just generallys looks alot more stiff and off model than ususal. Part 4 also had alot of issues with off-model character designs before Blu rays but also generally had alot stronger animation and sakuga moments even before that mainly early on. Part 6 in contrast just looks less details are more reliant on stagnant shots. And I'm going easy on it there comparing it to part 4, if I am including a contrast to part 5 it's a massive step down in detail and animation. By a few accounts this is the result of a much rougher internal production and crunching than usual due to restructuring around at davidpro.

Its a damn shame cause if we have the past few shows to go off of, the general animation quality is gonna be at its strongest in the early episodes so I really hope part 6's doesnt end up having to adapt maybe the most wild finales with a production closer to part 1 and 2 than the more recent ones.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 21, 2021 7:49 PM

Apr 2014
Overall it looks less polished than part 5, but I still think it looks good and I like some of the stylistic flair they've added to it. Part 6's strong point is the story, imo, so as long as they deliver that well, I'll be satisfied.

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aronics - Dec 1, 2021

58 by Hasirama29 »»
Yesterday, 7:59 AM

» the stand name censorship is wack

Rye_the_Guy - Jun 4

21 by Galletita »»
Jun 9, 3:11 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Krptic_ - Dec 1, 2021

56 by ahhellno »»
May 30, 5:32 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LERAGEUXENAMARRE - Dec 1, 2021

79 by vankoshtorata »»
May 12, 3:04 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 6: Stone Ocean Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Rob7 - Dec 1, 2021

155 by Sexyjutsu »»
Apr 24, 3:11 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.