yes
82.1%
no
17.9%
84 votes
Dec 1, 2021 6:40 PM

Jun 2020
this ong the most low effort change I've ever seen,
the faves don't fit on the screen fully so you have to click scroll to even see stuff, which from a usability standpoint is an objective downgrade

not to mention the arrow event even centred

I dont even care about the image change or hell even the orientation change but the fact they didnt even think of these simple ease of use issue baffles me, not to mention if ur a mal supporter its gonna be even worse with 20 faves
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Dec 1, 2021 6:41 PM

Jan 2017
Pluto- said:
the faves don't fit on the screen fully so you have to click scroll to even see stuff, which from a usability standpoint is an objective downgrade

I dont even care about the image change or hell even the orientation change but the fact they didnt even think of these simple ease of use issue baffles me, not to mention if ur a mal supporter its gonna be even worse with 20 faves

i think you have shit taste in anime and UI design.
Dec 1, 2021 6:46 PM

Aug 2020
Pluto- said:

I don't see anything wrong with it, I think you are blind or shit, Ong
Dec 1, 2021 6:48 PM
dozing general

Oct 2017
wdym you dont want your desktop website to look like mobile, it's fine ong
Dec 1, 2021 6:49 PM
May 2020
KawaiiTendou said:
Pluto- said:

i think you have shit taste in anime and UI design.

Do you really think the UI changes are good? Now you can't even see any favorites except characters, and even half of those are concealed. The bigger pictures are nice, but it's so much worse then the practicality and simplicity of the last design.
Dec 2, 2021 5:17 AM

Mar 2017
i don't see any problems? it's better than the previous one ong
Dec 2, 2021 5:23 AM
The memelord

Feb 2020
The site staff are trying their best to make this site a more accessible for people. Think its a bit rude to downplay and insults their efforts like this, and honestly, I’m ashamed. Thought people would have more respect for others.
My Candies:
Main:
Dec 2, 2021 5:35 AM
Dec 2020
Whatever the reason is for the change, if theyre making it more accessible or whatever reason, its still way worse than the previous design personally, I liked the old look, and this one just doesnt even look like it belongs, doesnt look like its supposed to be there at all.
some people...
Dec 2, 2021 5:37 AM
Dec 2020
PoyoMain said:
The site staff are trying their best to make this site a more accessible for people. Think its a bit rude to downplay and insults their efforts like this, and honestly, I’m ashamed. Thought people would have more respect for others.

Sure the way he worded it could have been better, but its true that it doesnt look like it fits and that the previous one looked better on the profile. this change just was not needed.

I already replied about what you said about it being more accessible or whatever, which I am not sure how that changes anything, but ye it still looks worse and doesnt feel right.
some people...
Dec 2, 2021 5:37 AM

Apr 2019
Pluto- said:

L
this new UI is bussin ong frfr
Dec 2, 2021 5:41 AM
Dec 2020
One thing I want to add, my intentions are not to downplay the work of the people behind it, it's just that some things, even if work was put behind it, doesnt work out, and thats whats up for me. It's not something thats going to make me move to a rival website but I hope no more changes that affects profiles come up really.

They should also make a dark mode for the website, its something thats actually convenient.
some people...
Dec 2, 2021 5:43 AM

Nov 2019
It looks so bad, change it back.

死神

What do you think are the most important things in life? Money, dreams, sympathy towards others...

Yes, they're all important things as well... But the most important thing is responsibility for your own actions.
- Yuichi
Dec 2, 2021 5:44 AM
Feb 2015
It's horrible. Seriously what the hell is MAL thinking
Dec 2, 2021 6:17 AM

Jul 2014
Yes I'll have what OP is sniffing ong.
Dec 2, 2021 6:36 AM
Grave of Flowers

Dec 2012
first time I saw a thread about the same topic where majority are actually in support of the change

I'm not though
┍━━━━»•» «•«━━━━┑

🎖️ mal badges
🏠 blog navigation
🏆 graph badges

┕━━━━»•» ☠️ «•«━━━━┙
Dec 2, 2021 8:18 AM

May 2015
Surprised to see that people actually like this. Looks like shit imo.

Dec 2, 2021 10:11 AM

Nov 2008
PoyoMain said:

Please tell me how exactly requiring more clicks to view the same amount of information is making a website more accessible?
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Dec 2, 2021 11:19 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Why Current Events should come back

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

19 by ACasualViewer »»
12 minutes ago

» Can we have comment section for reviews like MyDramaList?

DigiCat - May 27

7 by DigiCat »»
37 minutes ago

» Who thought this was a good idea?

Shenhe - May 26

5 by anonymate »»
Yesterday, 8:39 PM

Poll: » "Community Rating" section should be an option to our Manga/Anime lists

USDJPY - May 27

0 by USDJPY »»
May 27, 3:20 AM

» A new subsection for the People page, new features as well

_cjessop19_ - May 27

0 by _cjessop19_ »»
May 27, 12:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.