Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 7, 2021 6:01 AM
Jun 2021
I have high functioning anxiety for a long time. I watched this show expecting a light hearted harem echhi with little drama and i went in defenseless. The last arc uncensored gave me trauma and biggest panic attacks of my life. It's been 10 days since and I've been put on Klonopin (benzodias) but I still can't get it out of my mind. Whenever i watch other anime or something where they go on trip to mountains or forests i get anxious and start shaking. I'm really afraid. Would love to die

This anime is not talked about as much when talking about traumatizing anime. I'd have loved to watch school days over this several times.

So, if someone struggle through similar condition then avoid watching it or even if you decide to watch keep a little distance and watch the censored version
e_uphoria_99Sep 7, 2021 6:08 AM
Sep 7, 2021 6:22 AM
Apr 2019
I can say with certainty that that forest scene is the most uncomfortable scene I've ever seen in anime... I wasnt expecting it either going in. It's a little relieving knowing I'm not the only one who thought this!
Some things can only be achieved through animation.
Sep 7, 2021 6:26 AM
Jun 2020
Same here. I haven't slept for like a night. And somehow dropped the anime. I came back and watched the rest of the series and I rated them all as masterpieces. A masterpiece the anime series for it touched the hearts and minds of the viewers that made them react like this. I would say that they made a good job on adding this horror factor that none of the mainstream horror industry movies and series can tick my tolerance of blood and gore.
Sep 7, 2021 7:37 AM
Feb 2017
Whats traumatising in there?
A light hearted bus trip on non paved road and the making of human soup
Basics of survival m8
I wanted to see some human BBQ
But that was already done in goblin slayer
Not to boast i am a paramedic so ive seen all this shit IRL
Sep 7, 2021 7:43 AM
Dec 2020
TaReq_Dwairi said:
Basics of survival m8
good for you but... not everyone is paramedic.
Sep 7, 2021 7:48 AM
Feb 2017
JAR_ON_A_SHELF said:
TaReq_Dwairi said:
Basics of survival m8

Haha i know....but i dont think the impact was all that big....ever watched Final destination?
Sep 7, 2021 9:23 AM

Nov 2020
I was kinda surprised to see that as well, but it didn't scare me or something. Why didn't you stop immediately after you realized in which direction this goes?
Sep 7, 2021 9:32 AM

Oct 2020
yeah, amane’s past was disturbing af.

Sep 7, 2021 9:38 AM

May 2021
I knew what to expect by looking at the genres, you should look at the genres before watching new anime if you have an aversion to this type of stuff. "Phycological" is one of genres here, so there had to be some serious stuff.
Sep 7, 2021 10:07 AM

Jul 2015
Amane went through a lot. The most infuriating was bulling she received as sole survivor and suspicions of ill play at her part.

Sep 7, 2021 10:44 AM
Jan 2021
It is a great backstory. Grisaia franchise truly deserves more recognition. It is a gem.
Sep 7, 2021 11:35 AM
Nov 2020
Anime’s like these are really good, solely because they do not hold back on anything
Sep 7, 2021 11:54 AM
Jan 2015
Don’t watch School Days then. That ish messed me up. It was cutesy for about the first few episodes and then it got baaaaad.
Sep 7, 2021 12:58 PM
Jun 2021
Nerdgirltori said:
Don’t watch School Days then. That ish messed me up. It was cutesy for about the first few episodes and then it got baaaaad.

I have watched school days it was definitely disturbing but nothing like this
Sep 7, 2021 1:00 PM
Jun 2021
41413 said:
I was kinda surprised to see that as well, but it didn't scare me or something. Why didn't you stop immediately after you realized in which direction this goes?
TaReq_Dwairi said:
Basics of survival m8

Is cannibalism normal?
Sep 7, 2021 1:04 PM
Jun 2021
41413 said:

I hadn't slept for several nights or a little. And i just couldn't sleep that night too and my mind was obsessively challenging me to watch but no matter what happens I'm not going to watch yuuji's backstory and further
Sep 7, 2021 1:09 PM
Jun 2021
MuZe- said:
I knew what to expect by looking at the genres, you should look at the genres before watching new anime if you have an aversion to this type of stuff. "Phycological" is one of genres here, so there had to be some serious stuff.

Yeah i took psychological R+ too lightly.
Sep 7, 2021 1:39 PM
Dec 2020
TaReq_Dwairi said:
JAR_ON_A_SHELF said:

Haha i know....but i dont think the impact was all that big....ever watched Final destination?
I watched the first one
Sep 7, 2021 1:39 PM

Jan 2021
I’m about to watch this and I have anxiety.
Wish me luck.
Sep 7, 2021 9:05 PM
Jan 2021
I was not surprised of the last arc because I was expecting that the back stories will be more and more fucked up as the show progressed. It is still fucked up and disturbing nonetheless.

I do like the ending where the mc shot the guy performing the hostage (the target was peeing so dick in hand) that shit made me chuckled a bit.
Sep 8, 2021 12:40 AM
May 2021
This is my favorite anime of all time. I’ve seen many many comments about the minibus incident and forest survival arc. Everyone is just so freaked out and messed up after watching that. The cannibalism too. The typical response after watching it, “I was just expecting a good happy harem until that ending.”
Sep 8, 2021 4:27 AM
Jun 2021
e_uphoria_99 said:
I have high functioning anxiety for a long time. I watched this show expecting a light hearted harem echhi with little drama and i went in defenseless. The last arc uncensored gave me trauma and biggest panic attacks of my life. It's been 10 days since and I've been put on Klonopin (benzodias) but I still can't get it out of my mind. Whenever i watch other anime or something where they go on trip to mountains or forests i get anxious and start shaking. I'm really afraid. Would love to die

This anime is not talked about as much when talking about traumatizing anime. I'd have loved to watch school days over this several times.

So, if someone struggle through similar condition then avoid watching it or even if you decide to watch keep a little distance and watch the censored version
I agree there, the show does have a great deal of dark points. It's best to avoid the show if you have an aversion to gore, psychological weakness to horrific situations, and compulsion to treat fiction as reality when faced with possible danger to the characters. This is why I usually avoid animes with the "psychological" tag, since they usually mess with your head in a negative way if you're not prepared or used to it
Sep 8, 2021 11:59 AM
Apr 2021
I've seen worse in anime and I did come into the anime blind and was shocked/disturbed at some scenes. I recommend that before your try a new anime read reviews/synopsis to see if there are disturbing scenes within them.
Sep 15, 2021 1:49 PM
Oct 2018
Grow a pair or something
Oct 14, 2021 12:46 PM
Jul 2020
Having to read this before. I watched the show I was looking forward to what ever messed up story. I was going to watch. However upon reaching the bit in question. I was deeply dissapointed.

If this really affected you that much you clearly don’t have the mental maturity to watch adult programmes and should probably stick to Pokémon or my hero academia

It was gruesome and uncomfortable to watch nightmares and needing therapy. You must be a kid to be that pathetic 😅

Also I have anxiety that has essentially made me house bound. So yeah I reserve the right to ridicule a snowflake. 😂
Andy91xxOct 14, 2021 12:52 PM
Oct 27, 2021 5:54 AM

Dec 2019
ngl the forest scene did make me shudder a little afterwards. i don't think it affected me that badly though but i can understand that it can have different levels of impact on different people. well, i really hope you're feeling better now.
Nov 11, 2021 5:51 PM

Jun 2012
Yea this show was way more disturbing than I thought it was going to be. For some reason I was getting 'when they cried' vibes since the first episode but I pushed through thinking it wasnt so bad, then that last arc hit me like a damn truck. Just finished and I feel like puking.

Also get off benzos as soon as you can. Make sure to talk about it with your doctor, dont cold turkey it either. I heard those are extremely addicting and can ruin lives. As with everything do your own research dont take my word for it. I might be misinformed. Much love.
Dec 20, 2021 9:48 AM
Jan 2021
This show is not as disturbing as you people are making it out to be. Dont scare of potential viewers
It is shocking to find how many people do not believe they can learn, and how many more believe learning to be difficult.
Dune

More topics from this board

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2014

194 by Onodera_yahiko »»
Aug 10, 10:37 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 9, 2014

360 by Onodera_yahiko »»
Aug 10, 9:53 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 2, 2014

324 by Paintball729 »»
Jul 3, 1:20 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2014

266 by HansDevX »»
May 11, 7:52 PM

Poll: » Grisaia no Kajitsu Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Oct 5, 2014

587 by iamdaking »»
Apr 12, 8:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.