Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you agree with his criticism on the show being awful (Share your thoughts?)
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2021 2:10 PM

Aug 2018
From what I've seen so far, it's pretty bland in my opinion. I'd say it's a 6 out of 10 for mem
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 18, 2021 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
Guy just looks for attention, he didn't even care to make good video where his arguments sounds properly not like some kid, who wants everyone to hate it like he. Vivy for me is one of the best shows. clearly I prefer it more than AoT for example, or any Re Zero ( they are only decent for me. Its with Shadows House ( even with 1 character change) and Super Cub the best in this season and for sure troll videos like this will change nothing :)
Jun 19, 2021 1:24 AM
Jul 2020
While I’m not really a fan of vivy this video is pretty stupid. I personally just find vivy pretty boring, as the characters and story don’t really stand out to me all too well. Animation and soundtrack are nice.
Jun 19, 2021 1:34 AM

Apr 2021
Vivy is in no way awful. I strongly disagree
Jun 19, 2021 10:08 AM
Jul 2020
Is this just the new thing? We just post edgy YouTube takes to get views rather than just post our points? Not going to give OP any views.

Show is fine. Like any shows it will have issues. It’s overall very solid. The only take I’ve seen here in the comments that I agree with is it makes it hard to see the POV of the humans because all you see are the androids. But as a fellow human, I can safely say I wouldn’t want an Android rebellion to kill me. But like any “we know the future” style show it’s going to have plot holes.
Jun 19, 2021 10:48 AM
Jul 2020
Dude just tryna get views with that overstatement
Jun 19, 2021 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
I wouldn't say awful, but it has undeniable flaws that denies the possibility of being close from what most people are claiming to be. Awful pace, not letting characters and the story developed naturally and a terrible need of being cheesy and that consequently make the characters emotions feel unbelievable. Right now I'm giving a 6/10, but it might change after I watch the final episode.
Jun 19, 2021 8:45 PM
Oct 2019
to start: i never take my advice on whether or not to watch a show from someone i don't know. i just don't. it's a waste of time. that said, i don't think there's anything wrong with watching reaction/analysis videos

the bear: it IS annoying. i actually really liked it in the first episode because it was a smartass. and then in episode 2 i did not like it and by episode 3 i really dislike the thing. it's schtick gets old quick

i also struggled to make it through the first 3 episodes of vivy. episode 1 was interesting. episode 2 was bad (singing robot chick who's NOT PROGRAMMED FOR COMBAT turns into fucking GHOST IN THE SHELL? GTFOH with that nonsense). episode 3's preview "vivy in space" looked god awful and i almost dropped it right there after episode 2

re:zero... i didn't like the FIRST season of that show. so i definitely never started watching season 2 haha. but my dislike of re:zero didn't affect my viewing of this show since i had no idea it was the same person. and i don't get mega re:zero vibes while watching. but i ABSOLUTELY think people's fandom of re:zero is influencing their views on this show. because i've seen people discuss re:zero several times on here now

other better shows to watch: OH HELL YEA. i'm only 2 episodes in and shadow house is WAY WAY more interesting and better than vivy. and i've got both odd taxi and miss nagatoro on my to watch list

the opening apocalyptic scene: i didn't mind it. it actually intrigued me. i wanted to know what led to that... granted, we find out before the end of the very first episode what led to it, so there wasn't a whole lot of suspense in that regard...

[i only watched the first 2 minutes of the youtube video]

overall, is vivy "awful"? through 3 (about to watch 4) episodes, i'd say no. it's not awful. but it's very much mediocre (5/10 rating for me)

[EDIT: i couldn't even make it halfway through episode 4. it's definitely a bad show. much closer to "awful" than "very good/great" like its MAL rating indicates]
HagePotPotatoJun 19, 2021 8:56 PM
Sep 10, 2021 3:43 PM

Oct 2009
Scythe97 said:
To you, hopefully, in the future for polluting MAL With Childish, Stupid and Disgusting Threads, I quote the Greatest words Eren Have ever spoken:"I hope you die in the most horrible way possible"..... Peace.
Dude, youre telling somebody to die cuz they dont like some anime about singing androids😑 wtf is wrong with you.
Sep 10, 2021 3:45 PM

Oct 2009
(btw I dont think the show is awful. But its pretty average in my opinion.)
Sep 11, 2021 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
HagePotPotato said:
to start: i never take my advice on whether or not to watch a show from someone i don't know. i just don't. it's a waste of time. that said, i don't think there's anything wrong with watching reaction/analysis videos

the bear: it IS annoying. i actually really liked it in the first episode because it was a smartass. and then in episode 2 i did not like it and by episode 3 i really dislike the thing. it's schtick gets old quick

i also struggled to make it through the first 3 episodes of vivy. episode 1 was interesting. episode 2 was bad (singing robot chick who's NOT PROGRAMMED FOR COMBAT turns into fucking GHOST IN THE SHELL? GTFOH with that nonsense). episode 3's preview "vivy in space" looked god awful and i almost dropped it right there after episode 2

re:zero... i didn't like the FIRST season of that show. so i definitely never started watching season 2 haha. but my dislike of re:zero didn't affect my viewing of this show since i had no idea it was the same person. and i don't get mega re:zero vibes while watching. but i ABSOLUTELY think people's fandom of re:zero is influencing their views on this show. because i've seen people discuss re:zero several times on here now

other better shows to watch: OH HELL YEA. i'm only 2 episodes in and shadow house is WAY WAY more interesting and better than vivy. and i've got both odd taxi and miss nagatoro on my to watch list

the opening apocalyptic scene: i didn't mind it. it actually intrigued me. i wanted to know what led to that... granted, we find out before the end of the very first episode what led to it, so there wasn't a whole lot of suspense in that regard...

[i only watched the first 2 minutes of the youtube video]

overall, is vivy "awful"? through 3 (about to watch 4) episodes, i'd say no. it's not awful. but it's very much mediocre (5/10 rating for me)

[EDIT: i couldn't even make it halfway through episode 4. it's definitely a bad show. much closer to "awful" than "very good/great" like its MAL rating indicates]
Read manga of Shadows House and u will see how they destroyed it in last 3-4 episodes, they went with different plot which ended rushed paced disaster and didnt match the climax of original plot :v
Sep 12, 2021 11:20 AM

Jan 2013
Matsumoto's massive info dumps where he talks at mach 500 definitely hurt the show's appeal. The biggest issue I had though was how rushed and half-baked everything was. Once you look past the pretty visuals, premature drama, and actually use your brain instead, the show doesn't have much going for it.
Salmon is delicious.
Sep 12, 2021 10:06 PM
Oct 2019
Read manga of Shadows House and u will see how they destroyed it in last 3-4 episodes, they went with different plot which ended rushed paced disaster and didnt match the climax of original plot :v[/quote]

maybe so, but it's still a substantially better show than vivy
Sep 13, 2021 9:37 AM
Sep 2021
KongJunJie said:
Is the show really “awful” ?

I mean just look at the like/dislike ratio of this video...
Sep 13, 2021 9:54 AM

Jan 2021
I strongly disagree with you.
Sep 20, 2021 8:36 AM
Nov 2019
It’s giving me beatless vibes I mean I like sci fi
I mean if sci fi isn’t your thing well don’t watch it
Sep 20, 2021 8:46 AM
Kii_Ibarra

Dec 2020
Matsumoto's exposition wasn't the main problem with this show, IMO (although he was INCREDIBLY annoying), and I don't know enough Japanese to comment on Diva's singing (watched sub because the dub didn't exist at the time), but other than that I agree with everything this guy said. Vivy is indeed "awful" IMO
My greatest contribution to this website:
Sep 21, 2021 12:12 PM
May 2019
I have never seen such stupid video in my whole life before
Sep 22, 2021 8:06 PM
Apr 2021
lmao what does he mean, vivy is the best anime of the year beside mushoku tensei n 86 imo.. byee
Oct 12, 2021 8:17 AM
May 2019
Best anime of the year is more like it
Oct 13, 2021 5:39 AM

Jan 2019
Acceptable personal opinion, but bad criticism.

Edit: actually, what he said about Matsumoto making exposition rather than us having direct access to the worldbuilding is quite fair. It bothered me too. But this character's main function is to reflect and make a dissertation about the concepts presented in the story. Given that it's a show with 13 episodes, there's a time constraint issue that affects that development, so it makes sense that he's used in that way. You can, of course, argue that this is a bad approach or that it could be better made, so it's valid criticism from the guy.

There's plenty of good points you make to criticize this anime, the strongest of them being that the music sang by Vivy (and other androids) is pretty unoriginal and uninspiring - the background OST is pretty good, though. Composition wise, they're fine, there are varied melodies and good instrumentation, but again, nothing original or really touching as you'd expect from a musical show. The mixing in the music also doesn't help in making it feel less industrial and mainstream. As a musical experience I'd say it's close to mediocre and made to sell, but I liked it for the story and dialogue, which, I believe, were much better than in Re:Zero.

Not to mention high production value and excellent animation, but that doesn't really make or break a show for me.
SheklonOct 13, 2021 5:47 AM
Oct 15, 2021 10:49 AM

May 2018
In my opinion, Vivy is far from being awful, but I also find it far from the being the masterpiece some people claim. The production quality and the action directing are out of this world. But aside from Vivy herself, the characters and the story are very shallow and the ending felt rushed and was a big waste of time to me. I find it just an entertaining, decent action sci-fi show. The problem with this guy is that his criticism just doesn't make a lot of sense. He seems to be hating on the whole show based solely on the character of Matsumoto and because it was written by Nagatsuki.
"No one hates anime more than the anime community, which is composed of some of the most spoiled, immature, pessimist and ungrateful people on Earth."
-Anonymous anime watcher
Oct 15, 2021 10:54 AM

Nov 2017
I guess I will never watch this show.

plz @ me
Oct 15, 2021 6:24 PM
Sep 2018
I would not say it’s awful. It’s just underwhelming. It is as much of a disappointment as Terror in Resonance was. A solid 5/10.
Jan 19, 2022 2:55 PM
Dec 2020
i have watched 5 ep so far, dropping this 3 times already, and i get the animation is great and some moments are beautiful and emotional, but i just keep getting bored because nothing rly goes down, feels like violet evergarden boredom all over again
Jan 27, 2022 9:41 PM
Jan 2022
Agree with you, I yawned 3 episodes straight so dropped it right there. Matsumoto is so annoying, he talks toooo much, also him controlled and criticized anything Vivy did makes me hate him and overall show for more.
Jan 31, 2022 7:57 AM
Sep 2018
I would say disappointing is a better description. Great production values, but everything else kinda fell apart. Also, personal taste: the music was not great. Especially the OP theme has this weird transition in the middle. It felt like I was listening to two different songs and it was very jarring.
Feb 11, 2022 4:02 PM
Jan 2022
It's definitely good. However, I can't seem to accept it as original plot because of how close it is to Terminator and Cytus story.
Feb 14, 2022 11:20 AM
Jun 2017
If horrible means 1/10, no, its not. If it means 5 or 6, definitely.
The story is complete nonsense, the wordbuilding is non-existent or just bad, absolutely all the characters are mediocre including Vivy (who had potential, but comes to nothing) and the emo girl (she also had potential, but they killed her with the "It was me! Dio!")t.
The worst thing is that the whole plot revolves around a war between humans and AIs (a term that is used so often that its ridiculous, in any decent work a more appropriate and informal word would be used as a synonym). But for all practical purposes, what we are shown of the world indicates that its almost a utopia; even if the robots are treated as human tools, they are never shown to be treated with disdain, in fact, tends to be the opposite. We never see anything to indicate why such a war should happen, and the breaking points are irrelevant, because in the end it's all the work of a crazy AI and that's it; even I Robot with Will Smith had a better explanation.

The only main positives are the animation, a couple of spare scenes and that it's entertaining.
raull127Feb 14, 2022 7:56 PM
Feb 18, 2022 1:31 PM

Jan 2018
More unremarkable then awful.
Many of the stories are kinda contrived. Some actions don't really make sense .
And instead of having an interesting take on humanity in AIs it just yes " yes because yes "
Mar 2, 2022 1:22 AM
Apr 2017
I thought it was interesting and unique. That gets good marks from me. Good action. Thought the overall plot/story was good, not great and the conclusion to the plot was kinda weak. Not even close to awful though.
Ides385Mar 2, 2022 1:25 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2021

161 by Aris97 »»
Yesterday, 8:02 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2021

202 by Excit »»
May 13, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

256 by Nextella »»
Apr 24, 8:22 AM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Jun 19, 2021

368 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 2:18 PM

Poll: » Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2021

165 by Lawgun »»
Mar 18, 1:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.