Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 5, 2021 5:03 PM
May 2021
hyleaft said:
This anime makes me angry lol
It might be different than other romance anime but the characters are just annoying af
The girl doesn’t know when to stop, a fcking bully, the most annoying character ever, super loud, mean, naughty and blames everything on the guy when it’s actually her fault.
The guy is also fcking annoying cuz he can’t stand up for himself. He just endures everything, an annoying virgin whos 24/7 horny and can’t defend himself. He doesn’t know how to talk back and I hate people like that. Sure it’s not always easy to stand up for oneself but he’s literally the definition of a loser. TALK bro! What do you have a mouth for? Say the things you have in mind. It’s getting on my nerves. I really hope for a huge character development or else this anime will be pure dogshit.
you saying nagatoro is a bully. But people like you tends to be a bully you can't comprehend that everyone has different way of thinking and way to act.
May 5, 2021 5:08 PM
May 2021
LeJimmo said:
I won’t bash on people who like this series at all, but personally I just can’t stand it, it’s just not my cup of tea and I can’t find the interest in Nagatoro. I get why people like it, but I just don’t like the fact that the whole story is based around an high-schooler bullying another one. It’s not the bullying in itself that bothers me, it’s the absence of story and character developpment that ruins the experience for me.
it's a slice of life anime. This type of manga/anime usually don't have much of a story and character development. Just look at karakai jouzu takagi-san. Its same type of manga. But takagi-san has different pacing and slightly different story from the manga. Hence there some character development in it
May 5, 2021 5:08 PM

Nov 2008
Episode 1 is a bit mean-spirited but it turned into a pretty funny show after that.

I think people just hate it because of projection....the same reason people hated Watamote.

May 5, 2021 5:28 PM
Dec 2019
It’s the turbo virgin twitards that overhate this, honestly just let people enjoy this anime, if you gon be toxic asf about it, it’s best to shut the fuck up, cause you haters lack a fucking brain
May 5, 2021 7:11 PM
Dec 2019
iFame69 said:
hyleaft said:
It might be different than other romance anime but the characters are just annoying af
The girl doesn’t know when to stop, a fcking bully, the most annoying character ever, super loud, mean, naughty and blames everything on the guy when it’s actually her fault.
The guy is also fcking annoying cuz he can’t stand up for himself. He just endures everything, an annoying virgin whos 24/7 horny and can’t defend himself. He doesn’t know how to talk back and I hate people like that. Sure it’s not always easy to stand up for oneself but he’s literally the definition of a loser. TALK bro! What do you have a mouth for? Say the things you have in mind. It’s getting on my nerves. I really hope for a huge character development or else this anime will be pure dogshit.
you saying nagatoro is a bully. But people like you tends to be a bully you can't comprehend that everyone has different way of thinking and way to act.
where do you get the audacity to call me a bully?? Damn... I’m the least person to bully someone. That was just my opinion of the anime. It’s a show and fictional characters, nothing serious bro... ofc everyone acts and thinks different but that’s no excuse to hurt ppl or make them feel uncomfortable yk. But again it’s just fictional so no big deal. I just don’t like these two types of people, that’s why this anime is annoying to me.
May 5, 2021 7:14 PM
Dec 2019
Sinovexx said:
hyleaft said:

the girl cant stop bullying because shes just an animated character who has no will of her own, people are forgetting this is just an anime and not reality
ofc I know that lol xD it was just my opinion. Ofc she can’t control how to act cuz she’s not real but I hope they’ll give her a character development. Wtf made you even think I take this srsly T^T xD
May 6, 2021 1:54 AM

Jan 2021
Now change the genders of both of them and aurthor is good-for-cancelled.
May 6, 2021 11:12 AM
Mar 2021
RaifRaj said:
This anime is just a piece of shit, like bruh, who tf laughs watching an innocent boy getting bullied by a immature high schooler bitch, It might be entertaining for you, but nothing changes this anime to anything other than garbage
You're entitled to your opinion, but please. If you have nothing good to say, rather don't say anything. I believe that "People see what they want to see. Not the truth that's in front of them."
May 6, 2021 12:08 PM

Mar 2017
I dislike shows where one character is bullying another and it's made out to be cute and funny. Worst of all is if it's pretty much an ongoing thing that never really changes much over the course of the show. I can appreciate that bullying can be part of a good story, as long as it's shown to be a bad thing (e.g. "A Silent Voice", S2 of "3-gatsu no Lion") but not when we're supposed to laugh at it.

I dropped Takagi-san after 5 episodes due to the above.
I enjoyed Uzaki-can, as her persistent and sometimes annoying behavior wasn't over the line into bullying.
I haven't watched any of Nagatoro and am undecided whether I will attempt it.
A møøse once bit my sister...
May 7, 2021 5:33 AM
Mar 2021
i feel like the reason it gets hate is because that the anime protagonist is like being bullied and i kinda felt that at first and hated it but then it became funnier and funnier the more i watched it so i do believe that the anime protagonist getting bullied is one of the reasons
May 29, 2021 1:49 PM

Dec 2018
It's alright for what it is, perhaps not as well done as the manga.
The worst part is probably that the currently mostly widely available subtitles are done by people more annoying than the main characters themselves and follow the "localisation" (to their specific brand of quickly-soured and forgotten internet culture) trend instead of being a straight and accurate translation.
If you want to watch without cringing hard at the sus localisation, turn a diss into a derp (actual insertions by the "localisers". I don't know what it means and just leaving in the original Japanese would have been more understandable) by finding a competently done fansub.
May 29, 2021 2:24 PM

Nov 2018
RaifRaj said:
This anime is just a piece of shit, like bruh, who tf laughs watching an innocent boy getting bullied by a immature high schooler bitch, It might be entertaining for you, but nothing changes this anime to anything other than garbage

bullying ≠ teasing

SEIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

May 29, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2008
People who really think this show is about bullying haven't watched past the first episode/read past the first three chapters.
May 29, 2021 4:58 PM
Jan 2020
RaifRaj said:

Have you actually watched past episode 1? I'm caught up with the manga, I can tell you for sure that what you are spouting is 110% BULLSHIT!
May 29, 2021 5:33 PM

Oct 2014
1. Keep watching a show they hate (instead of dropping it).
2. Rate it low, thus...
3. Guaranteeing it will become mentioned in every "underrated anime request" going forward from now until eternity.
4. Profit. (From the added publicity).

Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

May 29, 2021 5:58 PM
Jul 2018
Sinbad_Echidna said:
Well that's exactly what the question is. I personally like this Anime and it really brings me to laugh. I don't get what the problem is for some people? Is it for them to cringy or are they just 10yo and never speakedto a girl/women? This Anime looks great and is different from other Romance Anime. I think it is a really entertaining show just like Tagaki and Uzaki-Chan.

Why? The twitter SJW population grows every day and we didn't find a cure yet. That's why. A normal human being could enjoy everything if they wanted, but twitter users? That's a whole other bread. I hope that this answered your question.
removed-userMay 29, 2021 6:41 PM
May 29, 2021 11:16 PM
Sep 2020
Only the first episode is a bit controversial...It gets better and better with each episode...Rating will improve when the show ends
Jun 4, 2021 10:53 PM
Nov 2015
Sinbad_Echidna said:
Well that's exactly what the question is. I personally like this Anime and it really brings me to laugh. I don't get what the problem is for some people? Is it for them to cringy or are they just 10yo and never speakedto a girl/women? This Anime looks great and is different from other Romance Anime. I think it is a really entertaining show just like Tagaki and Uzaki-Chan.

The hate was from Twitter boomer bird brain dead group of people that think teasing is bully culture .

If you want good rating ? Cancel twitter and shut it down.
Jun 4, 2021 11:07 PM

Dec 2015
Cause hate is all the world has even seen lately.
Aug 1, 2022 7:08 AM
May 2022
-Weak & useless main male character
-Unlikable main female character
-Basically every female characters in this series are shit
-Promotes bullying
-“Romcom”, but without any romance, OR comedy
Aug 7, 2022 2:25 AM
Jun 2022
mwalimu said:
I dislike shows where one character is bullying another and it's made out to be cute and funny. Worst of all is if it's pretty much an ongoing thing that never really changes much over the course of the show. I can appreciate that bullying can be part of a good story, as long as it's shown to be a bad thing (e.g. "A Silent Voice", S2 of "3-gatsu no Lion") but not when we're supposed to laugh at it.

I dropped Takagi-san after 5 episodes due to the above.
I enjoyed Uzaki-can, as her persistent and sometimes annoying behavior wasn't over the line into bullying.
I haven't watched any of Nagatoro and am undecided whether I will attempt it.

i geuninely cant believe this comment even exists. nigga really said takagi was a bully LMFAOOOO
Aug 7, 2022 8:47 PM

Jun 2019
People have extraordinarily narrow ideas of what both romance and human relationships between two or more people in general should be, and a certain subset of these people are driven rabid and launch a crusade and emotionally-charged attack against anything, even in art and media, which falls outside of or doesn't represent that to their liking. They even see it as a threat and something dangerous because it has the potential to give other people "ideas" - the horror!

That's really the main part of it.
Aug 7, 2022 8:50 PM

Mar 2021
bc of episodes 1 & 2.
Aug 20, 2022 8:40 AM
Dec 2020
some people are already replying why their hate is invalid lol. the OP is probably just asking for the perspective of those who don't enjoy, hate, the show.

I myself is not that fond of the show. Why? because the bullying this is not my cup of tea. Plus the humor feels more impactful on japanese social standing. Tho, I enjoyed when MC cried at the first few episodes >:3 I am simply not the target audience. I admit, some of the jokes makes me chuckle,

If you enjoy it, cool. Don't go out of ppls way to tell them that they are sensitive. People have their own taste lol. Reacting batshit to hate is giving me "snowflake" vibes.
Aug 26, 2022 8:38 PM

Aug 2014
Its a boring anime. The anime would have been better if it had ecchi (or more ecchi) in it, with the female MC and her tan-tanlines, and the President with her amazonian curvy body.

This is an anime that it would have been better off also if each episode was like 3-10 minutes, like a short anime.
Sep 29, 2022 10:22 AM

Oct 2015
i think most fail to see that it's a sm thing
Sep 29, 2022 10:41 AM

Mar 2021
In the first two episodes, she made the MC cry imo that was a little bit too far but yea. I think that's all.
The show was actually good.
Oct 10, 2022 7:26 AM
Jul 2022
Dropped after 3 episodes. Here's my main issues:
1. The guy is a pussy
2. The characters look too young like they're in middle school at best
3. It just didn't live up to the hype. I don't hate it. But I hated that I wasted my time watching it.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

273 by Phroggy_44 »»
Jun 6, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 19, 2021

144 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 10:36 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

FMmatron - Apr 10, 2021

502 by PrOxAnto »»
May 28, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by AkiFosu »»
Mar 4, 6:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.