Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 27, 2020 10:47 PM

Jul 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I love Katsura Ise so much for the spectacular writing in Onanie Master Kurosawa and even in Subete no Jinrui wo Hakai suru. Sorera wa Saisei Dekinai, but this manga was a real, real disappointment for me. It sucks that I have to give negative thoughts on a work of his, but this sucked. Still glad I got to read it translated though.

On a real, the final chapter was such a poor, almost nothing resolution to the manga and the buildup chapters have also been a travesty too, especially the last 3-4 ones with the characters just dumbfounding me with decisions made (especially Kaname since her actions were stupid, and the final chapter did nothing to resolve anything). It was just an irritating mess of a story and the characters sucked hard too.

I'm glad that his other works have been magnificent, but even greats can miss occasionally, and this manga was a massive, massive misfire. 1/10 overall.
Sep 28, 2020 1:13 AM
Jan 2019
This was a trash manga with a bad ending personally I would rather have her kill her self all the characters in the manga suck though others have there hits and misses luckily this author has a good hit but this was bad even the authors stats that they where being somewhat aimless with the story the MC and FMC should have never ended up with each other it would have been better if MC just stopped being a simping cuck and found some one better
Sep 28, 2020 12:07 PM

Aug 2016
i came up to this manga with mixed expectations. onanie master kurosawa is one of the best things I ever witnessed in any media. In the other hand, unlike some people, I was dissapointed at "destroy all human kind" as a fan of Ise katsura and magic the gathering. I still think a 1/10 is going too damn far because it initially dealed with taboo stuff in a mildly decent way. And it had maybe 1 or 2 interesting moments in the middle while the rest of the manga was getting worse as it progressed.

But well, thanks Inexplicabro for translating this. I guess I'll wait for someone to translate more Katsura stuff in the future, like 冥土Haaaan!!! (Maid Haaaan!!!).

MichaelJacksonOct 1, 2020 8:28 PM
:v
Sep 30, 2020 12:15 AM

Dec 2009
Fuck, that was disappointing... 2/10.
I don't know what I was expecting but even though I don't remember exactly what Onanie Master Kurosawa was about, I clearly remember it fondly.
I thought this would be good but... somehow this was so poorly developed with extremely dull and dumb plots and characters... it is fucking terrible.

I don't understand how he created something so lazy and mediocre.
In the end, she's saved but again, we're left to wonder what the fuck happens in how they grow their love properly... fucking stupid. What a shame.
... Most likely when it's finished publishing but, I'll still try reading his latest manga one day. ... No wonder this shit didn't finish translating for years.
waalex11Sep 30, 2020 12:40 AM
Oct 6, 2020 8:01 PM

Jan 2015
Sometimes I feel as if endings are separated into 3 categories.
1. A satisfying one. You wanted it to end that way. Even if it didn't the way you wanted, you're happy with it. You can accept with all your heart and love it for what it became.

2. The ambiguous one. Things have different meanings for different people. One man's treasure, another man's trash. You do not have the heart to accept it, but you understand the author's intent, even if there was none, to begin with. You hate it or love it, in time you learn to accept it. Maybe one day you'll look back at the story and think, oh ya, I'm glad I read it till the end or be fuck this guy for making it end this way.

3. The "I know everything happens for a reason but what in the actual fuck?"

The last Menhara was the 3rd category. The writing at first was good. Two characters, both of their own worlds never overlapping each other, but through a physical scar. There was no need for other characters to even be there. Just two of them were enough. If I look back at this in the future, I'll probably never come to accept how it progressed. I can understand the intent behind the work. A person doesn't have to understand another completely to love. A simple yet subtle thing many miss. Igarashi understood this at last, but maybe, there was a better, a more beautiful way of reaching this conclusion.
Your life to come is bound to make you smile
Dec 17, 2021 4:09 PM

Jul 2010
If I knew it's going to be garbage bin School Days or Scum Wish 2.0, I would never touched that. Absolutely despise works like that. I like that author tried to talk about mental illnesses, but they way they did could only be described as "bull in a China shop".
Dec 25, 2022 4:14 PM

Mar 2019
good lord was this a disappointment
everything was slowly building up for a trainwreck scenario but somehow it's all excused in the end because "even if i lied to you (and i know you hate fake people) i still love you"
the other guy is kind of a shithead too for taking advantage of a situation where sumire clearly wasn't mentally well
it wasn't even trying to be like a "i can fix her" he didn't do anything and somehow now she's okay
every action should have consequences and rededmption should be earned, that's just basic writing
TheMangaManiac said:
. I like that author tried to talk about mental illnesses, but they way they did could only be described as "bull in a China shop".
a lot of the lines did hit hard, there were some points where i understood what they were trying to convey. i'll give it props for that but just barely lol

More topics from this board

» Is this the most accurate manga to ever be created?

KietaTeenRomance - Apr 17

0 by KietaTeenRomance »»
Apr 17, 3:22 PM

Poll: » Last Menhealer Chapter 13 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 30, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 30, 2020 12:03 AM

Poll: » Last Menhealer Chapter 12 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 29, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 29, 2020 11:54 PM

Poll: » Last Menhealer Chapter 11 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 29, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 29, 2020 11:49 PM

Poll: » Last Menhealer Chapter 10 Discussion

waalex11 - Sep 29, 2020

0 by waalex11 »»
Sep 29, 2020 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.