Forum Settings
Forums

Are there any anime you refuse to watch not out of simple lack of interest in plot, but objections to any of its violence or sexual-related content or its story and themes on ethical/ideological grounds?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 5, 2020 6:51 AM

Oct 2010
Ramcius said:
jal90 said:
@Ramcius Madoka Magica has coming of age themes. It associates the decisions of the main character with growing up. It is absolutely mandatory for the story to work at that level that she is in an age about to be hit by puberty.

I understand that story is built around Madoka's age, but my point is that using young characters in dark setting like this comes with shock value and some simplifications of the plot. I find this not enjoyable/boring, but if people likes it, I have no problem with it. Just don't tell me to watch it, no matter how good you think it is, let's respect each other's taste in anime

Fair enough, I'm only clarifying that it really isn't an arbitrary age for the narrative.
Jul 5, 2020 9:24 AM

Jun 2007
I have stayed away from Shigurui ~ Death Frenzy because I've heard it's more violent than I'd care to watch.

All things being equal, the premise of Rising of the Shield Hero would be appealing to me, or neutral at worst. However, I've been reluctant to watch it because of the way the #istandwithvic crowd has embraced it.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9125 by anime-prime »»
1 minute ago

» did your anime watching habits change over time gradually ?

ame - 3 hours ago

8 by Tropisch »»
6 minutes ago

» What's a period of anime you miss and have lots of nostalgia for?

TheBlockernator - 12 hours ago

12 by MeguSae38 »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you have animes you've rated 5 and under on your completed list, why? ( 1 2 )

melodyily - Jun 15

74 by jhzs0029 »»
43 minutes ago

» Anime you wouldn't watch? ( 1 2 )

coolyfruity - Jun 15

53 by jhzs0029 »»
52 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.