Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fruits Basket Collector's Edition
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jan 16, 2022 6:39 PM

Jan 2010
I knew that Kagura wouldn't have a chance at Kyou, but I still felt there was a remote possibility for a Kyou/Kagura and a Yuki/Tohru route.

I'm not sure what to feel about this episode, as it felt like the final bullet that sunk the Kyou/Kagura route. Though, my concern lies with the blatant portrayal of Kagura's initial ill-intent towards Kyou. At this point, despite being repentant, I can't see the story doing much else with Kagura. She didn't maintain much of a presence, and she didn't even accompany everyone to the summer home. Kagura's fallen pretty behind in terms of character relationships, and with the way the plot's going, it seems like she'll remain behind everyone else. At least, outside of a surprise, sudden development that propels her back into the fray.
Oct 13, 2022 6:50 AM

May 2022
Contrary to one that said this episode is the weakest, it ain't in my eyes instead it's one of the most fulfilling. This episode answered my 2 biggest plot holes from the very beginning of season 1. First one is about the curse thing (why is it a curse and why tf every zodiac members can't do anything about it) and another is why the hell Kagura behaved like self proclaimed annoying GF to Kyou.

Since the earliest episodes, I always been like "why these Sohma ppl are really weird", "OMG why didn't y'all fight Akito", "wtf so pussy", "Why couldn't y'all run far away from Akito", etc, and that single scene in this episode succeeded taking out my grimace of watching this show.

Also I respect Kagura so much because of this episode. At first I speculated her love to Kyou was not genuine because of Akito's cursing her to love him. But turned out it wasn't, her love is genuine as it is. Yes, unlike Honda she ran away from Kyou's true form and she wanted to be with him due to her pity at first which ain't that ethical. However, I still respect her so much that it even plummeted subpar to Honda. An under 5 y.o. kid running away from scary and stinky monster? That's completely normal and can't be compared to 15 y.o. angelic girl. What convinced me more is the aftermath of her mistake. She tried to fix her fault by loving him since almost all people hate Kyo. To me Honda is like a smart student who can excel the exam on the first try, while Kagura is like a normal student who failed the exam but after that she pushed really hard to beat that exam. Loving a person, especially Kyo, that much ain't an easy task y'know. That effort is what I really respect. Perhaps I won't value her so much if she just kept a distance with Kyo or fake half-loved him, but the thing is she done the opposite of those.

After hearing Kyo's response, I highly doubt they will end up together and I still also respect his decision. I just hope Kagura can move on from him albeit it's not easy and painful.

Oct 23, 2022 2:00 AM
Aug 2019
Most of this episode was about Kagura, and I thought it was deservingly so. It gave reason to her love, which made it unique as other animes may have simply kept it that way. It also added so much depth to her character, and I'm all here for it. I'm glad it didn't become something like a harem for Kyo, as I'm not a big fan of harems personally.
Oct 23, 2022 2:00 AM
Aug 2019
Most of this episode was about Kagura, and I thought it was deservingly so. It gave reason to her love, which made it unique as other animes may have simply kept it that way. It also added so much depth to her character, and I'm all here for it. I'm glad it didn't become something like a harem for Kyo, as I'm not a big fan of harems personally.
Oct 27, 2022 3:56 PM

Jan 2021
This was difficult bro i didn’t want it to end this way man but i guess it just wasn’t meant to be

Nov 11, 2022 10:08 AM

Dec 2020
this episode hands down has to be one of the best episodes in the entire fruits basket series. from start to end truly loved it. How it started tohru being anxious about kyo and others from the soma family on how it may be a let down for them to be caged inside the soma estate for the rest of their lives and kyo being confined, how she (tohru) made her move and understood what the curse is and now she will take the correct choice from the information she gathered. After that the confession kagura had made really touched my heart and I literally sobbed, idk if its okay to be selfish, but i wanted kyo and kagura ship as well as kyo and tohru ship (disclaimer: i loved both of the ship equally). i wish nothing but happiness for kagura chan, and for kyo i wish he had loved kagura even if a tiny bit and not just be a dickhead (my favorite character from series is kyo so shooo) and love tohru, he should've been real close to kagura at least to compensate for how he harshly rejected her, even if kagura played her she ended up growing feelings for him. not saying that i didnt love the episode, it was a 5/5 for me but idk its just an opinion.
all friend requests are accepted, hopefully we can be friends! Also for my proper intro: click here

Nov 22, 2022 2:50 PM

Apr 2022
I like how the episode ended with the opening!
“I won’t rely on anyone anymore. I don’t care if no one understands.” – Homura Akemi
Jan 2, 2023 7:11 AM
Nov 2022
Such a brilliant episode almost had me in tears!
Mar 27, 2023 6:38 PM
Apr 2020
i really be crying
Jul 24, 2023 6:34 PM

Dec 2022
She made a small mistake in her childhood that she constantly felt the need to make up for, kinda sad

Sep 27, 2023 3:13 AM

Apr 2018
Kagura : I love you.
Kyo : Thank you.

Kagura : ok, fine.

-- It's not everyday you see someone being ok with a rejection.

The " I don't love you by kYo " was ok. The "I will never ever love you. " was a little be too harch imo. "

She left him when he transformed in his "ugly" transformation. But she was 5 not 17. So she got a "lil" excuses compare to Tohru. But big up to Tohru too for bypassing that test.
Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes.
It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Morpheus: That you are a slave, Neo.
Feb 16, 9:26 PM

Aug 2022
Fruits Basket Season 2 is so different from Season 1 that I'm actually starting to feel bad about my initial review 😭. Honestly, this season had me hooked from the start, and every episode has gotten increasingly better! I can't believe I've actually teared up for Kagura, a character that didn't impress me much before. Yet, all the words she spoke to Kyo, even though she knew from the start that he was going to tell her he could never fall in love with her...all of it was so emotional and so well executed! 🥹💖

Even Tohru seems to have evolved into a much more determined version of herself. I really hope she finds a way to break the curse! And that she can become closer to Rin, who is probably acting this way to protect Hatsuharu from Akito, though I don't understand why Akito is letting her roam free unchecked. And of course, I'm eager to see more scenes between Arisa and Kureno too! 🤩🥰 I wonder if Hanajima will get a Zodiac boyfriend too... 👀
Mar 24, 3:21 PM

Oct 2017
I didn't like Kagura since minute one 'cause I'm a Kyo/Tohru shipper. But I guess it's honorable from her to reveal the truth and letting Kyo keep moving forward...
-¡Give yourself to me!
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2020

240 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 28, 9:26 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2020

127 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:42 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2020

124 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 11:20 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2020

106 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:51 AM

Poll: » Fruits Basket 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2020

142 by LuxuriousHeart »»
May 27, 10:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.