Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2020 6:23 AM
Nov 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
LETS TALK ABOUT THAT ENDING THOUGH
Honestly, I loved this story. It was really like inception with all the different realities for different people. From what I gathered, Aimi is Flare/Megumi’s mom was who trapped into a time loop with the aliens since her childhood (the snake in the waterway). The original flare she was interacting with was her daughter that was pulled into the alternate planet in a different timeline (the one in which her senpai dies). So we’ll call this timeline A. Timeline A concludes with Aimi “leaving” this version of flare behind when she fails to pull her out (and Nako explodes when pulled out), causing her to create timeline B. Additionally in timeline A, she leaves behind a hand and “Pisu”. In timeline B, Megumi has always interacted the alternate planet since childhood, and I don’t think she actually, truly gets pulled into the planet like what we think. That’s why we get to see all of her interactions with her Senpai and she has no idea that her senpai’s aunt was a portal to another world. When Flare from Timeline A comes back as a “vengeful ghost”, Aimi realizes how everything is connected. Flare A is the huge alien that’s been trying to warn timeline B Flare/Timeline A Aimi the whole time. Because two “Flares” exist, timeline B has all the memories of both, because timeline A flare interacted with her consciousness as a young girl (her senpai tells us about this. The whole spiel about humans taking over a different mind from ages <4). So now, timeline A Aimi is finally able to close off the loop for her daughter in timeline B by 1) destroying Flare A and 2) closing off her own loop by dying after saving Flare B and “getting her hand back”. It’s really complex but it’s basically like Aimi saving her future child by helping her alternate “past” child. So now at the very very end, we see another alien but this time it’s “jumping” and not just floating down the river. Indicating this is yet another attempt by the aliens to join the planets in another reality (timeline C). So unfortunately, Aimi-megumi are forever playing the keepers of earth’s peace, because the alien nako mentions how megumi is always always always ruining their plans lol. Let me know if I made any kind of sense to you guys!
Jan 14, 2021 11:19 AM

Sep 2020
Forever?
C'mon, I know that it might take an infinity of time but I believe that Aimi and Megumi will eventually obliterate the aliens and stop the cycle once and for all!

Dec 15, 2021 11:09 AM

Nov 2008
Okay, these last 2 pages were unexpected and are really intriguing. Do they imply that now that the circle is broken something else has to take place of a "snake" alien in order not to break the continuity? Could it be another alien as the post above suggests? Now that i think about it, that "snake" alien in the waterway that lured Tamura-kun didn't come from the infected Senpai's body, as Flare suggested initially, because at that moment in time both of them weren't even born yet. It has come from Senpai's aunt, the one whose body been hanging in the woods! Aimi and Flare solving their time loop shouldn't have affected her visiting the planet, so her body could indeed be possessed by a different alien species.
AnimeThemes.moe <- the largest collection of anime Openings & Endings on the Web
AnimeMusicQuiz.com <- guess an anime from your list by it's Opening/Ending music browser game
Jul 14, 2022 12:37 AM

Mar 2020
Too many plot holes, unexpected things, and stuff that straight out didn't make sense. I think the author was making most of this up as he went, then warped it up without addressing questions that he had no answers for.

Still, a pretty good read.
Dec 4, 2022 6:59 AM

Apr 2016
Thanks for explaining the ending, I’d be completely lost without it. Very confusing read, no wonder the mangaka seems to recommend reading it twice.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Dec 10, 2022 12:00 AM

Dec 2009
Unfortunately I forgot to write a review for myself fresh after completion, but nonetheless whenever I reread this with better insight, my appreciation for this story will be even better.
Having now completed all of Tsubana's available (in translation to read) works (excluding the yuri one-shot and debut manga), this is by far their best story. Great story. 8/10.

I appreciate OP's explanation since I actually never realized or understood some of those things in the end.
I don't remember or am unsure as to how the time paradox works as a flaw or not, but it was very entertaining and well done regardless.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Wakusei Closet Chapter 1 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2018

2 by Drumbottle »»
Jul 15, 2023 1:39 AM

Poll: » Wakusei Closet Chapter 14 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 21, 2019

0 by removed-user »»
Aug 21, 2019 7:08 PM

Poll: » Wakusei Closet Chapter 13 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 26, 2019

1 by Satyr_icon »»
Mar 3, 2019 11:24 PM

Poll: » Wakusei Closet Chapter 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 8, 2018

1 by Shineee_ »»
Apr 8, 2018 8:46 PM

Poll: » Wakusei Closet Chapter 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2018

1 by Shineee_ »»
Apr 7, 2018 6:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.