Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Wave, Listen to Me!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 3, 2020 3:18 AM
Feb 2018
Did the Murder Attempt actually happen?

Imagine being woken up by a turtle shitting on your mouth
May 3, 2020 3:27 AM

Nov 2011
Bloody brilliant!

That murder attempt just added to the dramatization (was it real?). Lots of kudos has to go to Minare's seiyuu, all this show revolves around her voice and she nailed it perfectly.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
May 3, 2020 5:57 AM

Apr 2014
Im a bit thrown off because of how the first episode opened but was... was Mitsuo actually about to get murdered?
May 3, 2020 7:53 AM
Jul 2019
Ok, so Minare is now officially in the Radio DJ business...whose aired time has something to do with tabloid kind of exaggerated news.
May 3, 2020 4:33 PM

Sep 2011
Minare's first program was amazing. xD I don't know if Matou-san was testing her one last time or if he just knew that she had what it takes, but I love that he purposely made her improvise with what she had. The scripted start was still my favorite part though, crazy to think that Mitsuo would have been killed for real without this crazy coincidence. I mean, the whole thing with the UFO might have been a nice homage, but it wasn't as cool. It still was interesting though, hard to believe she came up with all that without faltering, she is made for this. She really was "in the zone." And Matou-san might be one of the oldest guys in the cast, but he certainly is dashing. No wonder she blushed when he said that he wants to keep her for himself, though I think he only meant it as a "toy to play with" on the radio. lol Oh, and it seems that it was a success, that she is leaving the curry restaurant, and that Nakahara lost any chance he might have had with her. Though "that remains to be seen I guess. Another great episode, though the way she woke up in the morning wasn't the best for sure. Just eww.
May 3, 2020 6:39 PM
Jan 2020
TahsinWasif said:
Did the Murder Attempt actually happen?

Imagine being woken up by a turtle shitting on your mouth

No, the woman about to kill Mitsou ran out in a panic and tripped and fell and got injured or knocked out. Hence the voices saying to call an ambulance. The woman with Mitsuo was shown briefly in 2 prior episodes as someone who listens to MRS and heard Minare.
MadVandalMay 3, 2020 7:15 PM
May 3, 2020 11:30 PM
Apr 2018
I really thought that scene where the girl is trying to kill a man, wasn't real. That's some of the weirdest coincidences.

I could listen to Minare talk all day. I really enjoyed this show because of her and her only.
May 4, 2020 10:08 AM

Nov 2009
Is Nakahara really guilty? Though come to think of it, the preview had the creepy girl in bed, so he most likely is.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
May 5, 2020 5:53 AM

Nov 2008
Frank_86 said:
Miyeng said:
Why lota people say this show is boring? It's quite entertaining especially this episode, cant stop laughing with how Minare can speak whatever she want to.

...This show is all about the performance of the seiyuu and her character...

Which is why this show reminds me in a good way Shouwa genroku rakugo shinjuu which had that year's best VA work. This seiyuu could get best VA title in 2020
OxuMay 5, 2020 6:00 AM
May 5, 2020 7:01 PM

Jan 2011
to think this script would be the one to turn out to be true right after talking about war of worlds ,i really can't lose focus once she gets going it's so much freestyle nonsense to take in all at once lol

that dramatic cut to the insert ending got me this show has some good random moments of humor.

i just wish the characters didn't look so fugly on close ups it's mainly due to the the bad choice of using shadow spots in their eyes because they look fine in wider body shots.

also the OP& ED are killing me i need the full vers
May 6, 2020 5:38 AM

Sep 2018
The episode is very funny, and don't forget, to carry on the plot. I still don't understand where he wants to go to parry the story, but it is truly ironic, following the narrative, as one person who hates another, can unknowingly save it, contradicting his will; this also makes the vision of this anime interesting. From how the episode ended, it seems that Nakahara's theory of betrayal is well established. Funny characters who do not hide a certain character complexity. The character of Minare with his jokes and his way of doing, fits perfectly the role of protagonist. I wait for the next episode, hoping that there will be no delays.
May 6, 2020 4:49 PM

Jul 2016
Minare basically saved a dude from getting "school days-ed" xD
I actually thought at first it was all a dramatization similar to the bear encounter from ep. 1 but no. Damn, that sure was some sick timing right there.

Honestly, I was absolutely expecting Minare to go without a script and improvise using what she saw last episode between Nakahara and Tachibana as a basis for her first radio program. Personally think it would have been better that way since this "War of the Worlds" homage was a bit lame, not gonna lie. Narration just wasn't that engaging.

This said, it was still an enjoyable episode and though the topic chosen for the radio program wasn't of my liking, listening to Minare's banters are always a treat.
May 7, 2020 9:17 PM

Mar 2015
Man, I really want to like this show but her radio show is just a bunch of nonsense. I'm just here thinking wtf is she talking about. Sure it may be interesting if it were a real broadcast but watching her do it is weird.
May 8, 2020 4:36 AM
May 2018
vong10 said:
Man, I really want to like this show but her radio show is just a bunch of nonsense. I'm just here thinking wtf is she talking about. Sure it may be interesting if it were a real broadcast but watching her do it is weird.

That is the entire point of the show.
May 8, 2020 6:18 AM

Mar 2015
PeaceIsWar said:
vong10 said:

That's why people say it's boring.
May 8, 2020 6:51 AM
May 2018
vong10 said:
PeaceIsWar said:

Well, it isn't really marked as a show with heavy action. I just find the characters interesting and funny. I'm not sure what anyone expects with how the show is marketed.
May 8, 2020 6:56 AM

Mar 2015
PeaceIsWar said:
vong10 said:

Well, it isn't really marked as a show with heavy action. I just find the characters interesting and funny. I'm not sure what anyone expects with how the show is marketed.

I mean, I understand what the show is about but watching her say random nonsense for 5mins is kinda unappealing. Everything else is fine though. I can see why this show has an almost perfect 7 score.
May 8, 2020 7:30 AM
Jul 2018
What I like about this is I had a friend who could rant like her and go on for minutes at a time and it would crack me up. I would often ask her how her team got on if I knew they got hammered just for laughs.

This is a very adult show, only people who have gone through bad break ups can understand how she feels. The people who didn't like it should drop it and try again in 5-10 years.
Aug 7, 2020 5:25 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, the episode gone crazy with Minare's spontaneous drama on her unscheduled show. That was some hilarious moment when it just suited much with the real event that happened with the real Mitsuo. Its just like, the hell? I am laughing my ass off so hard when thats happened. I loved with that shit, man. Its really a nice attention seeing something different like that. The random story of Minare really served a nicely done impact on its first ever broadcast in the radio. Good job!

About the end part. Its a sad sequence again for her in the restaurant. However, with what happened lately, Minare might easily forget the sadness and filled that with positivity in the next waved!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Aug 26, 2020 7:56 AM

Jul 2015
Hold on the Mitsuo stab scene was real, I thought it a fantasy part of Minare's radio segment...man he got some good luck for such a scummy person..

Initially thought Nakahara probably wouldn't have listened if he would be asleep but took me a bit to realise Minare was testing him if he slept with Tachibana since she was staying over (still not sure if this is true).

Jan 9, 2021 2:32 AM
Feb 2020
Man this anime is so Bizarre but it's still refreshing and that dream Lol
In the beginning I didn't get the Program but after pondering a bit I finally understood it, I was like where the hell did these aliens came from 。◕‿◕。
Aug 26, 2021 11:52 PM

Dec 2020
HELLOOO? WAS THERE ACTUALLY AN.. ALMOST MURDER SCENE THERE? i thought that was jusy to illustrate whats going on with her radio story but damn😭😭

ahh black haired girls story is pretty interesting. kinda nice to see that it was just a misunderstanding, and not a stupid one. i was just looking at the situation from minare's pov and got carried away with it so i didn't think of other possibilities. wonder how black haired girl is gonna contribute more to the story
Apr 22, 2022 6:08 PM

Mar 2021
Miyeng said:
Why lota people say this show is boring? It's quite entertaining especially this episode, cant stop laughing with how Minare can speak whatever she want to.

It's weird, bc I feel like it's supposed to be boring but it's actually quite entertaining.
Nov 10, 2023 7:59 PM

Nov 2022
This show is crazy, can't believe they actually paired her program with the murder she was describing.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2020

40 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 9, 3:05 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - May 15, 2020

48 by FedeMetal »»
Feb 7, 10:10 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2020

82 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 20, 2023 5:39 AM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2020

41 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 18, 2023 9:00 PM

Poll: » Nami yo Kiitekure Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2020

61 by RawrOMG »»
Nov 14, 2023 12:24 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.