Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 25, 2019 8:25 PM

Jan 2015
I know this is another somewhat generic question, so my apologies, i usually stick to asking for less generic stuff if i can.

Im looking for an anime with little to no drama and preferably they become a couple early on. I just watched https://myanimelist.net/anime/35968/Wotaku_ni_Koi_wa_Muzukashii and liked that, though some more development would've been nice.

Other good examples are B Gata H Kei, Ore Monogatari, Bokura wa Minna, and Kaichou wa Maid Sama

Please no Clannad/Golden Time anime where there is lots of drama. If possible check out my list. It isnt completely up to date anymore, but I have a lot of anime on there still.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/--Dawn--

Edit: Preferably a non annoying MC as well. For example not someone like in 3D kanojo real girl, because he is too annoying.
"Make it flashier!" -Maid Chou Anime List
Feb 25, 2019 8:37 PM

May 2018
Tsurezure Children is a nice thing to watch, but it depicts a lot of couples and is somewhat short.

You could try Nodame Cantabile as well, but there's some drama.

There's Akkun to Kanojo as well, haha.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Feb 25, 2019 8:39 PM

Jan 2015
Sachyan said:
Tsurezure Children is a nice thing to watch, but it depicts a lot of couples and is somewhat short.

You could try Nodame Cantabile as well, but there's some drama.

Yeah all of the good ones that I am seeing while I look right now are depicting multiple couples, which I am not looking for that much :/

Ill check out Nodame Cantabile, thanks.
Feb 25, 2019 9:49 PM
Apr 2018
school days
yosuga no sora
aki sora (first ep he gets laid)
kiss x sis
no game no life (nothing is completely given but i have a theory that they're both nazi's)
berserk
nanatsu no taizai (he gets that boobage right away)
in another world with my smartphone (dude is secretly a cowboy from texas)
re:zero (the dude takes a bath with his sister i think, either way he lives on the moon confirmed)
Feb 25, 2019 9:55 PM

Jan 2015
nyacide said:
school days
yosuga no sora
kiss x sis
no game no life (nothing is completely given but i have a theory that they're both nazi's)
berserk
re:zero (the dude takes a bath with his sister i think, either way he lives on the moon confirmed)

Uhh...School days most certainly has drama my man...also almost all those are on my list or dont fit the criteria at all. Thanks I guess, but definitely not looking for anime like that right now.
Feb 26, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2019
This is more common in manga. Haven't seen any anime that does this personally.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Feb 26, 2019 4:25 AM

May 2012
REC has touches of drama (one of the mains house burns down), but mostly it's a good-natured romance. An early work by now famous director Shimbo Akiyuki and Studio SHAFT.

Feb 26, 2019 8:23 AM
Dec 2012
Have you tried My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14227/Tonari_no_Kaibutsu-kun

Its been a while since I watched it but I don't remember it being too dramatic and there is a confession + kiss in the very first episode. Only downside is you'll have to read the manga (which is superior to the anime anyways imo) afterward to get a conclusive ending to the story. It isn't my favorite romance anime but I did enjoy my time with it. It has a lot of cute and sweet moments and I think it's definitely worth giving a try.
Feb 26, 2019 8:38 AM
Dec 2013
Momokuri and Tsuki ga Kirei come to mind.
Feb 26, 2019 9:09 AM

Mar 2015
--Dawn-- said:
I know this is another somewhat generic question, so my apologies, i usually stick to asking for less generic stuff if i can.

Im looking for an anime with little to no drama and preferably they become a couple early on. I just watched https://myanimelist.net/anime/35968/Wotaku_ni_Koi_wa_Muzukashii and liked that, though some more development would've been nice.

Other good examples are B Gata H Kei, Ore Monogatari, Bokura wa Minna, and Kaichou wa Maid Sama

Please no Clannad/Golden Time anime where there is lots of drama. If possible check out my list. It isnt completely up to date anymore, but I have a lot of anime on there still.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/--Dawn--

Edit: Preferably a non annoying MC as well. For example not someone like in 3D kanojo real girl, because he is too annoying.

Ah Dawnslicer, I remember you as the guy who recommended stuff to people almost everyday a few years back.
How's it going man ?
As for the recs : (Won't let you down)
-Aishiteruze Baby★★(Drama free and cute af,Early couple)

-Kemonozume(Early couple)

Tf is Shigatsu wa kimi no uso in your PTW list for ? Not the best romance but man, you have to watch it !

-Kokoro Connect (Has some fair bit of early romance I guess.Drama in spades.)

- Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken((Couple from the start)Drama Free)

- Servant X Service(It's fun to watch.
. )(Drama free)

-ef: A Tale of Memories. (Drama in spades)

-KimiKiss Pure Rouge

-Mashiro-iro Symphony: The Color of Lovers(DW, no harem end)

-Momokuri (If you like Yandere in a harmless way.) (Drama Free)(Early couple)

-Ano natsu de matteru (Onegai teacher feels(same author)).

- Orange(Drama in spades.)

- Paradise Kiss(Early couple but drama)

- True Tears (Drama but he chooses a girl at least)

- White Album 2(because i love it. Warning : It may make you rant at the end.)

- Zetsuen No Tempest(The only one not focused on romance in this rec list but it has one of the best romances I have seen in anime and its also a pretty good anime you haven't watched.)

Hope you like this little list.

Feb 26, 2019 8:06 PM

Jan 2015
kelvinjay said:
Have you tried My Little Monster (Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun)?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/14227/Tonari_no_Kaibutsu-kun

Yeah, ive seen it, must not have added it to my list. Thanks though.

SeijiSensei said:
REC has touches of drama (one of the mains house burns down), but mostly it's a good-natured romance. An early work by now famous director Shimbo Akiyuki and Studio SHAFT.

Thanks, looks decent, may check it out.

wildhood said:
Momokuri and Tsuki ga Kirei come to mind.

I saw them while looking for anime last night, the Tsuki ga Kirei I didnt watch cause how young they are and I was hoping to find something with an older couple, but I may check it out when I feel like a younger couple anime. Thanks.

VaroOP said:

Ah Dawnslicer, I remember you as the guy who recommended stuff to people almost everyday a few years back.
How's it going man ?

Thanks for the huge list, ill go through it and see if I can find anything I like.

Surprised you remembered me, I didnt really talk to many people outside of giving rec's when I was active, almost all my post are just recommendations lol. I've been pretty good, slowed down on the anime cause its hard to find stuff, but i still always try to have 1-2 at a time, mostly end up rewatching stuff though.

Also, Your Lie In April has been on my watch list since I started watching anime basically lol, I watched clannad and heard it was sad too, so I put it off, then just never picked it back up. I hate sad anime cause I get mad and bummed for way too long after watching them haha.
--Dawn--Feb 26, 2019 8:10 PM
Feb 26, 2019 8:24 PM
Oct 2018
Ah hey, I think I have a good one. It has a sub and dub. It's called My Love Story. It's pretty cheesy, but has little drama and it's pretty cute. And a bonus is that they get together really quickly so the anime is mostly about there relationship. Sadly, there isn't many other anime like this one where they get together quickly and there's little drama, but it's the best I can do for now. If I find anything else, I'll let you know. I hope I was at least a little helpful!
Love is something that people want, but trust is the first step you must take. This makes genuine love almost un-achievable after trust has been broken so many times. Weigh your options and see if it's worth it to trust again. Chances are, you'll choose what hurts you most without even realizing it.
-Anonymous
Feb 26, 2019 8:26 PM

Jan 2015
Mai_death said:
Ah hey, I think I have a good one. It has a sub and dub. It's called My Love Story. It's pretty cheesy, but has little drama and it's pretty cute. And a bonus is that they get together really quickly so the anime is mostly about there relationship. Sadly, there isn't many other anime like this one where they get together quickly and there's little drama, but it's the best I can do for now. If I find anything else, I'll let you know. I hope I was at least a little helpful!

Haha thanks man, that is actually Ore Monogatari. I appreciate the effort though :)
Feb 26, 2019 8:29 PM
Oct 2018
Ah yeah, that figures. You really have seen a lot of anime man, more than me probably since you don't have an aversion to suggestive themes, but it's impressive.
Love is something that people want, but trust is the first step you must take. This makes genuine love almost un-achievable after trust has been broken so many times. Weigh your options and see if it's worth it to trust again. Chances are, you'll choose what hurts you most without even realizing it.
-Anonymous
Feb 26, 2019 8:37 PM

Jan 2015
Mai_death said:
Ah yeah, that figures. You really have seen a lot of anime man, more than me probably since you don't have an aversion to suggestive themes, but it's impressive.

No worries man, I saw you made a post asking for revenge anime. Try out Kaze no Stigma.

You may also like Rokka No Yuusha, Katanagatari, Claymore, and Akatsuki no Yona

Edit: Oh, and Code Geass, though I havent finished that one after I got annoyed with one thing in season 1, but its pretty good, and ill probably finish it sometime.
Feb 26, 2019 8:43 PM
Oct 2018
--Dawn-- said:

No worries man, I saw you made a post asking for revenge anime. Try out Kaze no Stigma.

You may also like Rokka No Yuusha, Katanagatari, Claymore, and Akatsuki no Yona

Edit: Oh, and Code Geass, though I havent finished that one after I got annoyed with one thing in season 1, but its pretty good, and ill probably finish it sometime.

I found Code Geass a bit annoying as well, so I get it. And, I remember Claymore. I actually really liked that anime, I just never finished it....I can't remember why, but I'll probably pick it back up.

I dropped Akatuki no Yona due to I think it was a bathing scene? Where she was naked and there were leeches on her legs.
-Anonymous
Feb 26, 2019 8:46 PM

Jan 2015
Should pick it back up, its not ecchi at all really, none of those are, the most they have is one or two scenes like that. Rokka No Yuusha would be my to pick out of those. Kaze no Stigma is the most revenge based, and Katanagatari is also revenge based somewhat and very good, but you need to watch a few episoded to get past the anime style probably.
Feb 26, 2019 8:49 PM
Oct 2018
--Dawn-- said:
Should pick it back up, its not ecchi at all really, none of those are, the most they have is one or two scenes like that. Rokka No Yuusha would be my to pick out of those. Kaze no Stigma is the most revenge based, and Katanagatari is also revenge based somewhat and very good, but you need to watch a few episoded to get past the anime style probably.

Yeah, one or two scenes is enough for me to leave. If it's not following the no suggestive anime rule I have then it might as well be dead to me.
Mai_deathFeb 26, 2019 9:08 PM
-Anonymous
Feb 27, 2019 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
--Dawn-- said:

Thanks for the huge list, ill go through it and see if I can find anything I like.

Surprised you remembered me, I didnt really talk to many people outside of giving rec's when I was active, almost all my post are just recommendations lol. I've been pretty good, slowed down on the anime cause its hard to find stuff, but i still always try to have 1-2 at a time, mostly end up rewatching stuff though.

Also, Your Lie In April has been on my watch list since I started watching anime basically lol, I watched clannad and heard it was sad too, so I put it off, then just never picked it back up. I hate sad anime cause I get mad and bummed for way too long after watching them haha.

Ah yes Shigatsu made me feel sad for a day or two even after I finished it!
In any case, at least one anime in that list should be good for you.
Even I don't watch a lot of anime these days. I have possibly run out of my type of anime.
I have moved on to Light Novels and Manga.
Most new anime that come out these days, I have already read their source material.
Like in this season I read Tate and Kaguya-sama way before their anime were even announced. Same goes for Slime, Overlord s2 & s3 and a bunch of others like SAO : Alicization.
If you ever feel like it,ask me for some LN recommendations someday :p
Feb 27, 2019 6:51 AM

Jul 2009
Bunny girl senpai maybe? The romance is a subplot though, and there is character drama (just very little of it directed at the romance). I really liked the protagonist too. He's cheeky, and that felt refreshing. The romance is established a lot earlier than you'd expect.
Feb 28, 2019 9:20 PM

Sep 2018
Amagami SS - dating sims
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken husband x wife
Honobono Log - short but sweet
Momokuri - cutie couple
Nazo no Kanojo X (if you don't mind drool, this is good - they develop their relationship)
Net-juu no Susume - this is cute! don't worry if it's slow
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - sweet!
Servant x Service - love this!!!
erenmeiiFeb 28, 2019 9:25 PM
Mar 1, 2019 11:40 AM

Jan 2015
duhu1148 said:
Bunny girl senpai maybe? The romance is a subplot though, and there is character drama (just very little of it directed at the romance). I really liked the protagonist too. He's cheeky, and that felt refreshing. The romance is established a lot earlier than you'd expect.

Actually in the middle of watching this when I wrote this post, I just kind of settled on it and its very good. MC is one of my favorite in a long time.

YamEnele said:
Amagami SS - dating sims
Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai Ken husband x wife
Honobono Log - short but sweet
Momokuri - cutie couple
Nazo no Kanojo X (if you don't mind drool, this is good - they develop their relationship)
Net-juu no Susume - this is cute! don't worry if it's slow
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji - sweet!
Servant x Service - love this!!!

Thanks, I have seen some of these, but ill check the ones I havent.

Will do :) Though I hate reading off the computer lol, and Im worried ill end up reading source material and it will make me not enjoy the anime as much.
Mar 1, 2019 10:29 PM

Mar 2015
--Dawn-- said:

Will do :) Though I hate reading off the computer lol, and Im worried ill end up reading source material and it will make me not enjoy the anime as much.

Don't worry LNs come in an epub format which is the best for reading on a phone.
Well yes, good LNs,manga that may get an anime adaption will be spoiled for you but trust me most anime adapts are half baked anyway. You would start preferring reading the whole thing. Also there are a lot of great LNs that dont have an anime unfortunately. Like Mushoku Tensei.
Mar 2, 2019 10:13 PM
Apr 2018
--Dawn-- said:
nyacide said:
school days
yosuga no sora
kiss x sis
berserk

Uhh...School days most certainly has drama my man...also almost all those are on my list or dont fit the criteria at all. Thanks I guess, but definitely not looking for anime like that right now.

Was joking lol, try Snow White with the Red Hair

They meet at the start and from like the 3rd(?) episode you can definitely tell the love tension between the two is there, theres hardly any drama and its a pretty warming anime I'd think you'd like it.
Mar 3, 2019 7:51 AM

Jan 2018
Try manga. There are lots.
Mar 3, 2019 11:30 AM

Jan 2015

Thanks ill check it out.

Marfi09 said:
Try manga. There are lots.

Not a huge fan of manga, hard for me to enjoy reading off a screen, and physical copies can get expensive
Mar 4, 2019 8:22 PM

Jan 2019
+1 For Rec (though the manga is better) and Tsuki Ga kirei.
You can also try out:
-Horimiya
-Boarding School Juliet
Mar 4, 2019 8:58 PM

Jan 2015
-Rogue said:
+1 For Rec (though the manga is better) and Tsuki Ga kirei.
You can also try out:
-Horimiya
-Boarding School Juliet

Horimiya is only manga it seems, not really looking for manga atm. Is boarding school juliet a dating sim type anime or just a normal romance between 2 characters? I checked the PV and it looked like it had multiple relationships with the same guy, which im not a fan of. I like continuous story rather than multiple stems.
Mar 4, 2019 9:50 PM

Jan 2019
--Dawn-- said:

Horimiya is only manga it seems, not really looking for manga atm. Is boarding school juliet a dating sim type anime or just a normal romance between 2 characters? I checked the PV and it looked like it had multiple relationships with the same guy, which im not a fan of. I like continuous story rather than multiple stems.

Nopes it is not a harem nor a dating sim type. There is only relationship between the two main characters in Boarding school juliet.
And yes Horimiya is manga only but you can still try out it's OVA:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14753/Hori-san_to_Miyamura-kun
Mar 16, 2019 12:27 PM

Jan 2015

Just finished boarding school juliet and it was really good, really hope there is a second season. Thanks for the rec.
Mar 16, 2019 5:06 PM

Jan 2019
--Dawn-- said:

Just finished boarding school juliet and it was really good, really hope there is a second season. Thanks for the rec.

Glad you liked it.
Mar 18, 2019 10:36 AM
Jan 2014
Im going to assume the ones in your list without a score you havent watched:

- Spice and wolf: forget the economics, the banter between Holo and Lawrence is what makes this anime pure gold. A little more dramatic than Wotakoi since the setting is more serious and thus, so are the stakes but I wouldn't really call it a drama. This might sound contradicting but despite them not being an "official couple" they do go through the developments of one. The thing with this being set in medieval times is that they wouldn't really date but rather get married so you could technically say that they are dating throughout the series.
-Itazura na kiss: has plenty of tenage drama, but the stakes are never high. They start dating mid show and end up with a daughter and married.
-Amigami SS/SS+: 4 episode arcs (+2 for SS+) each arc is one girl. No need to watch them all just pick the girls with the personalities you find interesting and watch those, for me it was Haruka (standard school idol senpai), Tsukasa (tsundere) and Kaoru (best friend, this one was refreshing).

Mar 18, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2015

Thanks, but actually i dont score anime, i have only scored like 5 before i decided i didnt care enough to bother. Any anime under completed is what ive watched, most of the "Watching" are basically done too, and a few of the PTW ones i need to move to completed, but most i havent seen.

Appreciate it though, spice and wolf was definitely a good watch.
Mar 19, 2019 3:04 PM
Mar 2017
Ore monogatari!! , Early couple, little drama, really fluffy and soft.
Mar 19, 2019 3:05 PM

Jan 2015
kyro said:
Ore monogatari!! , Early couple, little drama, really fluffy and soft.

Already seen it :/

More topics from this board

» Anime with older protagonists (25+)

builttospill - 6 hours ago

3 by duchessliz87 »»
1 hour ago

» Recommend me some based on my likes

Charuwin - 8 hours ago

3 by M2zC »»
2 hours ago

» Ecchi anime for straight women or gay men

princefaking - 7 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
4 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

36 by BlueBullet178 »»
Yesterday, 5:51 PM

» Fantasy Setting and Magics Anime

shiroha - Jun 2

9 by mo_lave »»
Yesterday, 2:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.