Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2019 5:47 PM

Mar 2018
Hmm. I guess it happens because anime has a lot of short shows of like 12-14 episodes of ~20 minutes each, so once you've watched too much, you eventually start counting the anime you have watched and get bored, while strangely still remaining attached to anime without actually watching a show. Whether you come back to it or not, it depends to you. I myself have been in the stages where I spent even 3 months without watching an anime and then got back to it. Now, tho, I haven't watched for weeks.
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌
Jan 6, 2019 5:50 PM

May 2017
I feel as though a lot of people go through that. I know I have. Just move on to different hobbies for the time being. I don't think there's anyone who sticks to a hobby for their entire life.

I'm actually dealing with this right now sadly, I've only been watching seasonal anime lately, but I usually come back to enjoying full shows after a couple weeks.
Jan 6, 2019 6:31 PM

Oct 2018
Just stop watching it all together. You’ll either jump back into it someday or you’ll forget about it.
Jan 6, 2019 6:35 PM
Sep 2018
You could take break or push yourself into a bunch of trash shows for a while and then watch the good ones
Profile views make me feel loved
Jan 6, 2019 6:41 PM

Mar 2018
The same here. Year after year, i watch less and less animes.
I don't know if this happens because of age or if we just get tired.

The best thing to do is take a break and back some months later.
Jan 6, 2019 6:47 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think I've ever gotten tired of amine as a whole. I did stop watching it for about 4 years, but that was life reasons and not a conscious choice. I have outgrown some genres like slice of life and isekai.
If it's something you are not really enjoying anymore there is no shame and taking a break or quitting altogether. At least that's my opinion.
Edit,
I am really tired so I hope this makes sense.
Jan 6, 2019 8:12 PM

Apr 2018
I have gotten anime burnout when I finished community college. I've been trying to get back into anime, although most of the anime I want to watch are older anime that have a snowball's chance of hell of getting fansubbed or licensed
Jan 6, 2019 8:26 PM

Nov 2016
Happen to me a couple of times.

Just take a break for a bit and jump right back in whenever you feel like watching again.

Jan 6, 2019 8:42 PM

Oct 2017
I did go through a phase like this and I just left anime for awhile. You might get interested and want to watch anime again or like some of my other former hobbies your just burnout and don't care about them anymore. I would recommend taking just a break period from anime for like 6 months maybe even a year.
Jan 6, 2019 9:10 PM

Sep 2014
If you're just not in the mood for anime, do something else. It happens. Watch some normal shows/movies on Netflix/etc, play some games, read a book, or invest yourself in whatever other hobby you might be interested in. You're probably just burned out on anime and it's not a good idea to force it.
Jan 6, 2019 9:18 PM
Jan 2019
My interest in actually watching anime comes and goes. The last time I was on MAL was months ago, and when I went to log in a few days ago I had completely forgotten the email address I had created for my MAL account so I had to start a new account.

I watched a few shows a week once upon a time, but then none for months. I'm just now coming back to the routine of keeping up with shows. For some people watching anime occurs cyclically and I think that's perfectly normal.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you put any self-imposed restrictions onto yourself when making your favorites lists?

JKKH - Apr 13

31 by Shirayukin »»
4 minutes ago

» What's a scene from an anime that you wish you could re-experience for the first time?

bucciest - 6 hours ago

12 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
12 minutes ago

» Eiichiro Oda and Toei Animation have been keeping a huge secret.

Gashadokur0 - 1 hour ago

3 by Catalano »»
29 minutes ago

» So we gotta talk about Ono Kensho...

ZeroMajor12 - 38 minutes ago

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
38 minutes ago

» when was the last time you truly fell in love with a character and vice versa?

ame - 5 hours ago

13 by kagamiiin »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.