Forum Settings
Forums

Gatchaman Crowds and Gatchaman Crowds Insight are philosophical masterpieces!

New
Nov 4, 2018 3:16 PM

Jul 2014
I am very interested in philosophy and I see Gatchaman Crowds and its follow up as one of the most relevant work of fiction today. It asks some questions like what the modern hero should be like and how one should face modern problems.
It shows how we may believe more then ever before and also how we are quick to avoid really thinking about things.

My question is if you agree or you think some other series are more relevant and why? You can answer even if you have not watched Gatchaman, I love recommendations.
Nov 4, 2018 3:19 PM

Jan 2009
gatchamn crowds is about sociology (mob mentality, being a sheeple and other social influence) and politics of democracy that shows irrational voters is the downside of democracy, thats all i remember about that anime

watch Planet With its better with philosophy stuff
Nov 4, 2018 3:54 PM
Voltekka!
Sep 2017
I watched 3 episodes so far and good grief, I hate the MC a lot.
Nov 4, 2018 3:59 PM

Oct 2014
deg said:
gatchamn crowds is about sociology (mob mentality, being a sheeple and other social influence) and politics of democracy that shows irrational voters is the downside of democracy, thats all i remember about that anime

You mean that show that has an unfairly low score Like ssss Gridman?

He should also watch The old Kino's Journey.
Nov 4, 2018 4:53 PM

Jan 2009
Bourmegar said:
deg said:

You mean that show that has an unfairly low score Like ssss Gridman?

He should also watch The old Kino's Journey.

mecha is hated by a lot of people but i say give Planet With a chance its only 10+ episodes anyway
Nov 5, 2018 4:42 AM

Feb 2017
Those two shows spend a lot of time on the societal effects of social media and if your into that sort of thing I haven't seen anything better then the Ghost in the shell stand alone complex series and it's sequel series. It's a lot more complex and dense than Gatchaman or the great majority of other shows for that matter and I'd probably recommend the dub due to the density of it's text sometimes but it's the best anime I've seen addressing the modern era and how technology and soceity bth could and do interact.
Nov 5, 2018 4:48 AM

Aug 2017
yeah it makes me think about how such a terrible anime can be attached to a classic like gatchaman
assyrianNov 5, 2018 4:51 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 5, 2018 10:23 AM

Jul 2014
Thanks for your comments! I will look into your suggestions. I think the main philosophical point from Gatchaman is that we need conflict and difference in opinions and also that societys problem today is that people are really confused about things in general, they need a new language to talk about the modern world.
Nov 5, 2018 10:46 AM
Jul 2018
Psycho pass is philosophical but not masterpiece!
Nov 5, 2018 10:51 AM

May 2018
deg said:

Well said. I love the theme and message of this anime. It's an underrated anime in my eyes.
Nov 5, 2018 10:55 AM

Jan 2009
Gorochu said:
deg said:

Well said. I love the theme and message of this anime. It's an underrated anime in my eyes.

if only the animation is great too then i will definitely give it a higher score

More topics from this board

» Favorite openings of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 3 hours ago

6 by deg »»
8 minutes ago

» Best anime of 2024 so far?

Fukoku - 4 hours ago

19 by deg »»
10 minutes ago

» Saddest Anime Character Deaths

Henrique-Senpai - 4 hours ago

9 by Zarutaku »»
11 minutes ago

» Favorite word

JoeChip - Yesterday

18 by ArpitPatel »»
14 minutes ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - 8 hours ago

15 by Spunkert »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.