Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 21, 2020 1:31 AM

Dec 2018
Art is meant to tell a story and that story can have politics involved. Historically art such as photography have been very political and there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s 100% okay for anime or any other art form to include politics in them imo.
Oct 21, 2020 1:46 AM

Sep 2020
kandi_gloss said:
First off, I think it's a very vocal minority, if you look at those threads it's mostly the same people saying the same things over and over. Also, as far as "feminism" in anime is concerned. I believe that it's actually the fact that Japanese culture has always been very conservative in female's societal roles but modern Japanese culture is starting to change a bit (a very tiny bit) in regards to that, and anime is beginning to reflect that, that coupled with what I said in my previous post is most likely the reason you see a lot of those sort of threads these days.

I read the first two pages of this thread but missed your post when I skim-read the third. Had I seen it, I wouldn't have bothered posting, because you've said just what I wanted to, but better!
Oct 21, 2020 2:34 AM

Sep 2008
Eanki said:
nyugvo6 said:
I left western media completely because it's not enjoyable anymore. it's a checklist of talking points and representation.
I want cool action, a story with twists, women acting feminine, and character design that doesn't make me puke. I want characters, not walking propaganda books. anime gives me what I want, while western entertainment forcibly denies me the one thing they were supposed to deliver. FUN.

So you saw a handful of cases that blew up because anti-SJWs got outraged, and then you pretended your entire cake was ruined and you left?

no. I saw the shows I was interested in getting bogged down by the same stuff, be it cartoons or live action. these plus the cases you mentioned were enough for me to stop caring. the last great cartoon I saw was over the garden wall, I recommend it if you havn't seen it yet. it's perfect for halloween too.
馬鹿げた倫理 全部ガラクタで
Oct 21, 2020 2:39 AM

Mar 2017
nyugvo6 said:
Eanki said:

So you saw a handful of cases that blew up because anti-SJWs got outraged, and then you pretended your entire cake was ruined and you left?

no. I saw the shows I was interested in getting bogged down by the same stuff, be it cartoons or live action. these plus the cases you mentioned were enough for me to stop caring. the last great cartoon I saw was over the garden wall, I recommend it if you havn't seen it yet. it's perfect for halloween too.

No thanks. Already watched it. Watching Ducktales right now. The reboot. Break from Brooklyn Nine Nine since I finished the second season.
You gave up your freedom of speech when you clicked Agree to the User Agreement
This is not a public platform.
Oct 21, 2020 3:52 AM
Mar 2019
Well the kind of political narratives that anime has doesn't bother me much I recently finished Darling in FranXX where capitalism is shown in a bad light and I am a capitalist but I really enjoyed it and I know the downsides of free market so it wasn't anything new for me.
Well, I don't know about Hollywood I haven't even watched Avengers endgame so I'm not commenting on it but in my countries' cinema things are really bad ever since independence my country has had a leftist government and so is the cinema, in most movies businessman are shown as bad guys and I don't have much problem with it but a film maker had produced a film where a guy from poor family becomes rich and he did so by taking advice from other rich man and he was shown as a good guy and other rich man were also portrayed positively but guess what the film industry made sure it does not get released in theaters he had to release it in DVDs so here is where I have a problem that the left wing has taken over the film industry and cannot tolerate another narrative and because of constant rich hatred in the movies most people hate rich guys and the movies feel so repetitive that the rich wants to buy/illegally occupy a land/property and uses gangsters to do so or the MC and rich guy's daughter love each other but the father wants her to marry his friend's son or a combination of both.
Oct 21, 2020 5:10 AM
Jul 2013
Anime shouldn't be political. Its literally a medium based on fictional works of multipile writers. They should be allowed to do whatever they want, as its their own creations. If some of the content is questionable, no one is forced to adapt it to commerically successful animes/mangas/lns/vns and so on. The fact people try to shove their world views into the creations of others is just completely silly in my opinion. There is a difference between analyzing and giving criticism regarding writing quality or wonky plot, but expecting a certain character to be attracted to other characters based on gender/whatever because "everyone should have a representation everywhere" is just wrong. While I think stuff like Uzaki's design is atrocious for the fact her head is bigger than her shoulders, her eyes are way too big for her head, she has a flesh fang, and her tits are just fanservice, I don't think people should just run everywhere on twitter and ask for changes, because, once again, its just a fictional creation.

If we shove political narratives everywhere then no one would have freedom to write stories that are dark, or stories that present stuff that isn't socially accepted. That's something that should never happen.
Oct 21, 2020 1:08 PM

May 2018
deathby1kslimes said:
I was talking about how the bad guys are using science to blow up brown people in a desert for believing in a different god and how the good guys use science to do.... not that.

There is the unrealistic part - there are good guys.
The worst part is how those "good guys" win - very bad real life political lesson.

deathby1kslimes said:
If you think that’s only happened in fiction then I have about 20 years of newspapers for you to read. Lol its not even subtle.

Only 20 years? From which planet are you? This is almost every second human conflict - too generic to be a political statement.
If you want that go with for example Obsolete - it talks more realistically about changes in global policy and global economy. A paradigm shift of sorts.

Oct 21, 2020 1:12 PM
Mar 2020
frankly, this discussion has been and always will be irrelevant to the anime community. So I am not sure what the point of this thread is.
Oct 21, 2020 7:13 PM
Community Mod
ウェルカムチーム™

Feb 2014
Thread locked

For Breaking Anime Discussion Rule 5
Please refrain from posting thread topics which extend beyond the discussion of anime/manga as an entertainment medium to highly-debated social and/or moral issues. This includes but is not limited to: pedophilia, gender/racial equality, sexual orientation, etc.

GUIDELINES/FAQ
AD/MD RULES
CD RULES
CE RULES
STAFF
SET BY SENPIEX
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Do you unironically think that hentai can be art? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Mar 11

58 by zombie_pegasus »»
1 minute ago

» What cartoon did you come to learn was actually anime

JaniSIr - 1 hour ago

4 by Anjuro »»
10 minutes ago

» Would anime be better if they started to use more adult casts?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

31 by APolygons2 »»
29 minutes ago

» How do you feel about unreasonable deductions in anime?

Anjuro - Yesterday

14 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
1 hour ago

» Anime peaked in 1998

Iron_Leopard - 3 hours ago

11 by FanofAction »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.