Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 6, 2018 9:56 AM

Feb 2016
No, it's considered one of the worst parts of the series. And we'll probably noticed it as the story goes forward, with little to none development from our main protagonist and antagonist (Not as bad as Stardust Crusaders, but still noticeable).

But then again, it will still be a fun ride, it has some of the best stand fights in all of the series, let's see if David P. gives us a great adaptation once more (From the look of the first episode, it looks like we'll actually get a great season).
Oct 6, 2018 10:39 AM

Jul 2016
DanielOsuna30 said:
No, it's considered one of the worst parts of the series. And we'll probably noticed it as the story goes forward, with little to none development from our main protagonist and antagonist (Not as bad as Stardust Crusaders, but still noticeable).

It's considered one of the worst parts mainly because of the really poor english fan translation of the part, because in Japan it's one of the best regarded, really. The amount of merchandise that Part 5 had compared to any other part is just jawbreaking.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Oct 6, 2018 5:59 PM
May 2018
Nah, but Steel Ball Run if it gets a good adaptation, i am sure that will be at least at the top 10
Oct 7, 2018 4:19 PM

Mar 2017
SixPistols said:
There will certainly be people who haven't even watched the first episode who will rate it low simply because they dislike Part 5, JoJo, or maybe even the studio. FMA is rated so highly because it's a lot of people's first anime and there is not much wrong with it. JoJo is an ambitious project to adapt especially when it is incredibly difficult to animate such a detailed and unique art style, as opposed to FMA's. I trust DP will step up their game this season and provide some Sakuga moments.

It didn't have that problem though. Just looked at part 5 and it has very few 1/10's. The problem it didn't have enough 10's and had more in the 6-7 compared to top shows.
Oct 7, 2018 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
Brandon2149 said:
SixPistols said:
There will certainly be people who haven't even watched the first episode who will rate it low simply because they dislike Part 5, JoJo, or maybe even the studio. FMA is rated so highly because it's a lot of people's first anime and there is not much wrong with it. JoJo is an ambitious project to adapt especially when it is incredibly difficult to animate such a detailed and unique art style, as opposed to FMA's. I trust DP will step up their game this season and provide some Sakuga moments.

It didn't have that problem though. Just looked at part 5 and it has very few 1/10's. The problem it didn't have enough 10's and had more in the 6-7 compared to top shows.

3.6% is not a "very few" amount of 1/10's.
Oct 8, 2018 1:45 PM
Apr 2016
Mark my words! In near future steel ball run will be mal's new #1 and it will stay there for about half a decade, until 20th century boys comes out (hopefully)
Oct 9, 2018 12:49 AM
Sep 2016
DYED said:
Reichter said:
Mean scores <6 have to be earned though. It's meaningless if you're weighting it down with arbitrarily low scores, you have to genuinely think everything is shit.

Or you just need to either hate on everything just because its popular or simply have a really broken rating standard, where you rate a "fair 4" shows you like, or something like that. I know people here who associate 4/10 with "average, enjoyable show", but I'm digressing.

Just curious...
I enjoyed Bungo stray dogs dead apple....but my brain knows most of it was kinda dumb (at least the execution of what it was trying to do)....4/10
Got a problem with that? cause... I don't see the problem tbh.
(and i'm still yet to revise most stuff....)

Please tell me I have potential to unlock elitist status :(
JudoJDOct 9, 2018 12:55 AM
1.1.Six
Oct 9, 2018 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
DYED said:
DanielOsuna30 said:

It's considered one of the worst parts mainly because of the really poor english fan translation of the part, because in Japan it's one of the best regarded, really. The amount of merchandise that Part 5 had compared to any other part is just jawbreaking.
yeah this is the big reason i think part 5 is going to have a massive boost in popularity cause for many years people only experienced a horrendous translation that ruined everything. Like mista was basically the only character that didnt get all his personality drained from him let alone the legions of antagonists who were all pretty quirky just being robbed of all personality.

I mean for fuck sakes king crimson became a meme because of it, in the proper translation its not hard to grasp at all.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 10, 2018 12:41 AM

Jul 2016
JudoJD said:
Just curious...
I enjoyed Bungo stray dogs dead apple....but my brain knows most of it was kinda dumb (at least the execution of what it was trying to do)....4/10

I'm not making any specific cases, but that's not the behavior I'm addressing.
I'm talking about those people who're like "oh, I liked this show, it's a 7/10 for me, but I'm giving it a 4/10 because that's the vote I give to shows I like, so my mean score becomes 5.42 or something like that and people will think I'm an objective, superior guru of animu".
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Oct 10, 2018 5:23 AM
Sep 2016
DYED said:
JudoJD said:
Just curious...

I'm not making any specific cases, but that's not the behavior I'm addressing.
I'm talking about those people who're like "oh, I liked this show, it's a 7/10 for me, but I'm giving it a 4/10 because that's the vote I give to shows I like, so my mean score becomes 5.42 or something like that and people will think I'm an objective, superior guru of animu".

What if you ARE just an objective superior guru of animu? Lol
1.1.Six
Oct 11, 2018 3:32 PM
Oct 2015
I highly doubt it, but I can see a Steel Ball Run anime possibly overtaking Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. The manga is ranked #2, and since Berserk in #1 and that’s not getting a well received anime any time soon.
Oct 14, 2018 3:23 AM
Aug 2017
I'd like if that were possible, but there are people who are like "OMG, i have to give low scores because having unpopular opinions makes me look cool"

WILL YOU STOP WHINING!?
No I don't understand! You snap at people, you're scary, you tried to eat me, but you're also kind and you're filled with life!
You gave me a name when I was a number, you gave me that compass, you taught me what it means to be alive!
That's why I care about you Velvet! I'll protect you for my own sake. I don't care if you're malevolent, or if it was pointless! If it's a mistake to love you, then I"ll fight the whole world! A world without you, Velvet, is the one thing I couldn't bear!
Eat my arm, just leave me the other one! I need it to clobber the jerk who made my Velvet cry!
-Laphicet, Tales of Berseria

Oct 26, 2018 4:35 AM
Dec 2016
The best ongoing rn
I missed you very much, JoJo
Nov 18, 2018 9:14 AM

Jan 2014
Ted said:
I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!
a dream of overtopping the FMA!
Sonic X is basically an isekai
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Nidhoeggr - Feb 8, 2019

99 by Deethone5555 »»
Jun 12, 6:05 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

265 by Doutor_Sopa »»
Jun 1, 5:40 PM

» Do you feel like Jojo became boring after the first 3 parts?

removed-user - Dec 5, 2019

48 by antblobber »»
May 30, 12:09 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

abystoma2 - Aug 10, 2018

234 by CAESAR_lover14 »»
May 10, 8:33 PM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.