Forum Settings
Forums

Do you watch anime for enjoyment or just for the sake of watching it?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 9, 2018 12:18 PM

Mar 2015
For enjoyment mostly. I'd be off making my k/c-drama list longer if I was giving every anime 5's or less. It's a waste of time.

woah there
May 9, 2018 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
Zehennagel said:
Stiff99 said:

Yeah man , pop culture is majorly trash but I still consume it to some degree just to have an opinion on it just for the sake for small talk

tbh I only watched it because it was week to week and I enjoyed it.
at first.
when I started watching it weekly, slowly but surely(after 30 eps) I was ALWAIS fucking ALWAIS disapointed.
and I only realised that after 120 fking episodes.
when I realised it, I gave it a 2 instead of 5.
a strong 2 :P

Damn dude , be a little self-aware lol
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 9, 2018 1:07 PM

Jul 2017
Stiff99 said:
Zehennagel said:

tbh I only watched it because it was week to week and I enjoyed it.
at first.
when I started watching it weekly, slowly but surely(after 30 eps) I was ALWAIS fucking ALWAIS disapointed.
and I only realised that after 120 fking episodes.
when I realised it, I gave it a 2 instead of 5.
a strong 2 :P

Damn dude , be a little self-aware lol

haha, but that was at the begining of my anime fan "lifespan". now I know what I like and don't, and probably won't ever do that again exept if it's weekly or something and lots of people talk about it, realy, a LOT. maybe.
plus my tastes are more" developed" now.
May 9, 2018 3:23 PM

Feb 2017
Some people lower their scores depending on the ending.

May 9, 2018 4:21 PM
Sep 2014
i watched some until the end because i was hoping they would get better at some point. but mst of the time i drop it at the beginning
May 9, 2018 6:01 PM

Jan 2018
Hakaminah said:
Zehennagel said:
yea I fell like nobody read it so I wanted to say it to you. writing this much isn't useless!

I like to read long stuff too since most of the time it comes from someone who know his shit but this time I don't really agree with it.

For example, my brother rates majority anime with 10.

If he doesn't like something, he'll rate it low. So what's the reason then for such a amount of high rated anime?
He's someone who is really easy to please and has very little to no standards.
Last thing he probably cares about is what people think of his list.

Yeah im a bit like your brother. Im pretty easy to please i i think thats the reason why my ratings are pretty high.
May 9, 2018 6:35 PM

Mar 2016
Honestly, when it comes to yaoi, I do watch just for the sake of watching it because I want to watch every yaoi that is on MyAnimeList, because it is my favorite genre *if done right*. Unfortunately, most of them suck, but I still feel compelled to watch them.

But the rest are for enjoyment.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

May 9, 2018 6:43 PM

Feb 2017
I watch anime for pure enjoyment!
I dont watch anime for anything else.
I dont want my anime trying to tell me sometype of lesson in life, just entertain me, thats it
May 9, 2018 6:44 PM

May 2018
There is nothing which says all animaes are good. so people have likes and dislikes . that is the main basis of the rating system.Mean scores should be upto 6-7 according to my opinion .

"π™Ήπšžπšœπš πš•πš’πš”πšŽ 𝚊 πš‹πš˜πš‘ 𝚘𝚏 π™²πš‘πš˜πšŒπš˜πš•πšŠπšπšŽπšœ"
Signature by -Tony-

May 9, 2018 7:38 PM
Apr 2018
Enjoyment. But then you start to watch Toradora and you don't enjoy at all. Oh, God... why? Why are there so many fucking shitty animes?
qnoshttMay 9, 2018 7:42 PM
May 9, 2018 8:30 PM

Oct 2015
If you don't watch anime for the enjoyment, whats the point
May 9, 2018 8:35 PM

Aug 2015
I watch anime just so I can give them low scores and shit on them.
May 9, 2018 8:40 PM
May 2018
Of course people do it for fun . it gives immense fun if you love it. never watch anything just fo the sake of watching it .

http://bollywoodtower.com/salman-khan-biography/
May 10, 2018 12:26 AM

Mar 2018
for both, if i can't stand an anime, i used to drop it.
sometimes i hope anime with bad story is getting better, so i continue watching or finish it slowly (IMHO it will also be more objective/ accurate to give rating based on full episode).
i will give low score, if it is still bad until the end,
May 10, 2018 12:45 AM

Jul 2016
Contable said:
I look at some peoples profiles and their mean score is like 5 or 4 and then I look at their list and see a bunch of anime rated super low... but what i dont get is that they complete those anime even though they dont seem to enjoy it. Why???
Is it just that you rate anime weirdly? You want the rating to lower so you put it as if you watched it?(because for your rating to count i think you have to watch at least 1/5 of the anime) Or is it just for saying "yeah I watched it."
And some people are gonna say "I dont like to drop anime" but I think torturing yourself and wasting time on what you dont like is pointless and stupid.

I feel bad to elitists, they even force themselves to watch some anime they don't like example the mainstreams one, so they will score 5 and below. I don't know, for me anime is for entertainment since they're art.

Honestly, there are some anime that I don't like but I don't say bad things to the particular anime; and anime isn't for everyone or the plot story isn't for everyone.
May 10, 2018 12:50 AM

Jan 2015
I have a score about 5, some time ago I even had 4. But I don't really rate anime only based on how much I enjoy them. Usually I will rate anime based on the quality and then maybe a little bit of personal opinion. There's a lot of bad anime, and there's nothing wrong with liking bad anime - they are made to be likable with their stereotype characters and mild storylines, but I don't like to include that in the score.
However, there are some anime that I really didn't enjoy, but finished and that's because usually I was curious to see just how much worse it can get :)

May 10, 2018 12:55 AM

Oct 2016
I watch for enjoyment and nothing else. People rating series 5 or below are just critics of their own mind. But in case for me, my lowest rating is 7.
She's searching for the man who can melt her forzen heart.The one who will chip away at her walls until they fall apart.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
May 10, 2018 6:25 AM

Aug 2016
I guess some like me may not enjoy an anime, but just think it's very bad and had many flaws, so they give it a low score. People have different rating systems, some rate off enjoyment only, some are more critical of the plot, and there may be combinations of those two as well as other factors that can get taken into account.
May 10, 2018 7:17 AM

May 2018
I purely watch things because I enjoy them :)
May 10, 2018 7:35 AM
Dec 2016
Gropefruit said:
Some people lower their scores depending on the ending.

I agree with this one.

I watch based on enjoyment and the greatness of an anime can have a plot. Sometimes the ending holds the satisfaction of the anime viewer, sometimes it doesn't.
(Sorry for my bad English)

Idk why I spend so much time in writing such irrelevant replies ._.
May 10, 2018 7:39 AM
Aug 2013
I usually do feel like i have to complete a series ive watched quite a bit of even if it starts getting less enjoyable or interesting. I still drop them or put them on hold if it gets really bad, but idk, it depends. I just feel uneasy if i dont conclude it bc there might be a good turn in the future and make it enjoyable again. although, i also try to avoid that by getting a sense of what a show is about in the first episodes so I know whether I should waste time watching it or not. but i can tell you I've enjoyed most anime I've watched, even some of the more boring ones have enjoyable aspects to them.
Imagination is a weapon. Those who don't use it die first.
May 10, 2018 10:39 AM

Aug 2014
I watch an anime because I want to see if it is any good.
I tend to find that if its an anime I have spotted myself I will enjoy it alot however if its an anime that is either recommended or hyped at the time (tokyo ghoul, death note, One Punch Man etc) I actually do not enjoy them as much as the rest of the community does and rate them lower.

May 10, 2018 11:01 AM

Aug 2010
Regardless of the reasons you have for watching anime, it's most likely because you enjoy either the medium itself or at least appreciate certain aspects... This question is ridiculous tbh.
May 10, 2018 11:10 AM
Jul 2018
it really depends on the anime.. the first couple episodes of every anime is just for the sake of it usually.. sometimes i get enjoyment out of the first episode and just keep going out of enjoyment. sometimes i have a good feeling it's going to get good so i keep going, and a lot of times it does and i get a lot of enjoyment out of it. sometimes i can tell beforehand if it's not gonna be within my taste of enjoyment, so i drop it early, and other times i'm kind of let down and drop it in the middle or sometimes even towards the end.

shit i remember playing final fantasy 13 and dropping it after dying for the first time which happened to be at the final boss. it was ridiculous because it felt like i barely had to do anything at all to get there, and suddenly the game required something of me out of nowhere. i was a hardcore squaresoft AND enix fan for a long time before they merged, but i dropped squenix entirely after that, not even trying to fight the boss for a second time. fucking 30 minute boring ass losing battle my ass i won't be doing that again, suck my dick squenix, you've let me down.
May 10, 2018 11:24 AM
Jun 2017
personally, i drop animes. im watching anime for fun and enjoy my free time .if lost my interest or if i get bored of the show, i drop it. for me its pointless to keep watching something that you dont enjoy. sometimes i drop after the first episode, sometimes after ep5. it depends.
May 10, 2018 6:41 PM

Jun 2014
Reypablo1998 said:
i dont get why people try to watch as many shows as possible just to raise there watched numbers on there profile . I prefer to watch for enjoyment i treat every show if it is a piece of art watching and appreciating every episode if i enjoy it . If i dont all drop it i dont wish to add shows to my coplete list.

Because some of us enjoy anime as a medium so much that we want to make our list bigger and bigger.

@Contable - Its not a bad thing to watch more anime than others. I actually think its a shame people with lesser completions feel the need to target hardcore fans on a daily basis since they watch more anime.

@Pullman - Great stance like usual.
KagamiMay 10, 2018 6:51 PM
May 10, 2018 8:13 PM
Jul 2018
I rate things from perspective that 1 is actually a thing. I could give a show a 4 and still liked a bit about it, but I likely was still suffering through it. I also drop things, which means my average has dropped shows included. But a 6 shouldn't be a bad score on anyone's system.

But ya I watch for enjoyment. A lot of unique ideas that pop up in other media spring from anime/manga. It's like pulp fiction in having less barriers than things like Hollywood. So, for me, a show could be shit, but it was pursuing an idea I thought was interesting
removed-userMay 10, 2018 8:16 PM
May 10, 2018 8:34 PM
Jul 2018
i wonder how many people here do the anime watching challenge
May 10, 2018 8:41 PM
Sep 2017
my mean score is 7.83, i watch anime because i enjoy it not because i want to make my mal list even bigger
May 10, 2018 8:42 PM

Sep 2011
I'm an anime masochist and I will watch the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I also rate things objectively even if I did enjoy it.
Like damn I love Love Live and subjectively it's a 10 in my heart but objectively it's a 6 at best.
May 10, 2018 8:53 PM

Apr 2014
I have a good amount of free time and enjoy basically everything

May 11, 2018 2:24 AM

May 2018
For enjoyment and to pass time.Why tf would someone force theirself to watch anime?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 11, 2018 2:36 AM

Sep 2011
thizlas said:
ghostliness said:
I'm an anime masochist and I will watch the good, the bad, and the ugly, but I also rate things objectively even if I did enjoy it.
Like damn I love Love Live and subjectively it's a 10 in my heart but objectively it's a 6 at best.

I think you should rate according to your taste and not based on the weird standards that lead you to give Zankyou no Terror a higher score than Samurai Champloo or Hotaru no Haka... There is no such thing as an "objective" rating, and even if there was yours would be very far from it.

got me there bitch good thing anime isn't serious and i do also rate based off enjoyment I was just giving an example
May 11, 2018 2:43 AM

Jun 2014
AestheticRebell said:
For enjoyment and to pass time.Why tf would someone force theirself to watch anime?

Its fun watching more anime if you are a hardcore fan of this medium.
May 11, 2018 2:46 AM

Sep 2011
thizlas said:
ghostliness said:

got me there bitch good thing anime isn't serious and i do also rate based off enjoyment I was just giving an example

Oh sorry I didn't know saying absurd things was ok as long as you say them as an example !

glad i could teach u something today anyways nice chat have a good one
May 11, 2018 9:17 AM
Mar 2018
I watch for enjoyment, i dont see a point in wasting my time on something that i dont enjoy
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is romance/slice of life the greatest anime genre?

Semester1 - 9 hours ago

28 by Nirinbo »»
1 minute ago

» Which female anime character has the best drip?

Anjuro - Today

12 by KitsuFrost »»
7 minutes ago

» "The anime is better than the manga" you ever heard that one before?

Yuusey - 8 hours ago

37 by WhiteGarterBelts »»
8 minutes ago

» Anime that spurs you to read its continuation in manga, LN or VN

niknasr - Today

27 by Daviljoe193 »»
26 minutes ago

» What anime would you consider a Soft-Seinen?

Yuusey - 11 hours ago

27 by zombie_pegasus »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.