Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 23, 2021 11:40 AM
Oct 2019
i don't like the theory that gilbert was remorseful for his serial killing and the only way he would be able to end it was to get keith to kill him. that's WEAK. gilbert said why he did it, and that explanation makes much more sense. his twisted mind wanted to prove keith wrong, wanted to turn keith into a killer, something that keith said made no logical sense. THAT'S IT

but it does piss me off that gilbert got to die with a smile on his face

koku sucks. he was so much better as "killer b". once his past was revealed and he became a little bitch that did nothing but get his ass kicked and screamed "yuna" i actually started rooting for him to die. good lord

did koku get his limbs reattached? his wings?

that kid from the research facility is still alive?! holy crap. i wonder who that guy was that he was with... and why would that kid hold a grudge against koku?

7/10. even though this was a rewatch for me, it was sort of like watching it for the first time since i'd forgotten the entire plot (well, most of it). i enjoyed it. an excellent murder mystery. and a fairly interesting supernatural origin story/mystery as well

time for the "b: the succession"
Apr 8, 2021 8:07 PM
Apr 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Gungrave223 said:

Wow you taking my opinion hella personal like I piss in your Kool aid or something...🙄

I get it you like the series and think it's close to being a masterpiece...I mean that's like your opinion...as its mine that you're clearly out of your mind...

The sci-fi aspect in my opinion was completely pointless and didn't really add anything to the series...now don't get me wrong it was a fresh and unique twist...it just didn't have good enough writing with so few episodes to have a lasting impact...who knows maybe the second season will do the Kuko and Yuna segment the justice you seem to think it deserve...

Out of curiosity do you also think A.I.C.O was good as well 😕

Yes I do. While not on the same overall quality as this particular series, A.I.C.O. also has some fundamental philosophy behind it. Or, more precisely, directly in it.
What we like or dislike is irrelevant when it comes to art - our preferences are not the criteria to value an Art as it is. Hiding behind opinions works on social science topics, and is somewhat irresponsible.

I love philosophy, man, thats the main reason I watch stuff. You're a nutjob and you need to stop ascribing your views to the world as if they are objective, they are subjective. "What we like or dislike is irrelevant when it comes to art" is not true. What people like and dislike has to do with aesthetics, which is a whole BRANCH of philosophy. You should probably actually learn what philosophy even is with some amount of breadth, before you start prattling on like a fool. This anime was not great at extoling its philosophy, it was rather uneven and there were too many superfluous characters who went nearly nowhere. Its a messy, messy plot, and thats coming from someone who can appreciate a wider variety of shows from very complex to very simple. You are not super intelligent and your points are not sailent, and I DID understand them. Noone agrees with you because you're bossy and rude and somewhat stupid. Get over yourself.
May 26, 2021 8:37 AM

Apr 2018
The other guy and the old man are still alive.
Overall aight ending I guess.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jun 11, 2021 3:50 AM

Jul 2015
Weird hearing from Gilbert that Erika fell in love even though she was with Keith in every recorded footage of Gilbert, but I'm sorta glad Keith near the end confirmed she was adopted.
Good to see Koku and Keith managed to kill Minatsuki and Gilbert, but seeing that aftercredits scene with Kirisame still being alive feels like they are going to add some unncessary plot to an already fine end of a story.

May not have been a masterpiece with its convoluted plot where the big answers were basically given by Keith without much of a build-up to how he got that information but I quite enjoyed this because of the mystery part with Gilbert (the supernatural part was weak in my opinion).

Jun 17, 2021 7:37 AM

Mar 2017
I want to kick the me of 3 years ago! I didn't rate this anime after watching it... what the hell was I thinking?! This anime was absolutely brilliant! I think maybe I needed to see it twice to fully understand the plot and that's why I didn't appreciate it the first time around.

The only problem I had at first was that Keith's story and Koku's story felt like two completely different anime being forced together by the end tied that up imo.

Speaking of the end, it was brilliant - Koku managed to avoid his & Yuna's tragic fate even though he had to kill Minatsuki to do it. I feel like the fact that Gilbert won in the end was actually a fantastic end to his and Keith's story. It shows that no matter how smart you are or how 'good' sometimes the villain is the winner.

I agree with what Lily said too - that Gilbert wanted his madness to end.
Aug 18, 2021 9:44 AM

May 2019
Keith: 'Don't go to the jetblack.'
Koku: *runs toward jetblack*

Also, Yuna has powers and she's just being useless. I don't understand. Unless she's being controlled by Laica.

Gilbert's motives may seem out there but that's how serial killers roll.

The epic stand-offs between the two parties were intense!

"That's how humans are, we get bored easily and forget."

All in all it was pretty cool, I enjoyed Keith's thinking and character the most.
Great ending with loads of suspense!
skatensleepAug 18, 2021 9:48 AM
Oct 16, 2021 3:46 AM
May 2020
gilbert played everyone like a fiddle.
Jan 17, 2022 3:50 PM
Jan 2022
Question. When koku kills minatsuki he says something, any of you know what he says?
Mar 1, 2022 7:42 PM
Dec 2021
Great anime. I really liked Keith and the doctor. I despised lily, so annoying.
Apr 11, 2022 4:15 AM

May 2020
Well, that was quite a ride. Not the most logical story but it kept me entertained for a while at least.
Sep 15, 2022 7:56 PM
Nov 2010
Very violent ._." But interesting premise~ Two stories merging together at the beginning and the fight scenes were good! :D
Feb 3, 2023 1:27 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
well this was.... not good
it started out okay but then quickly fell off around the middle. The relationships between the police officers were, to me, easily the best part of the show so once the focus stopped being on them and went on mostly to the koku/reggie fiasco, it fcking lost me lol. Because I liked the comedy in the show and the police trying to stop the crimes in the first few eps, but I disliked the supernatural element of it. 
Anyways probs like a 4/10 or 5/10, most likely won't watch the 2nd season

Aug 16, 2023 5:58 PM
Jul 2017
Nem lembro só sei que não gostei
Nov 5, 2023 7:08 PM

Dec 2012
Pretty mediocre. It felt very much like they were trying to be Monster without the >60 episodes of character development. The psychological cat-and-mouse games would have been more enjoyable if they weren't so rushed. The animation and OST were really good but didn't make up for the lack of character development or rushed plot. 5/10, not going to watch season 2.
"When life gives you lemons, make orange juice, then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it."
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Character selection

Thecrot - Jun 4

3 by Berato »»
Jun 4, 2:15 PM

Poll: » Favorite Ending Theme

EggoGBones - Jul 28, 2021

5 by Thecrot »»
Jun 4, 1:43 PM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 11 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

24 by AnimeXlover78 »»
Mar 7, 8:04 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

81 by remunine »»
Jan 6, 1:53 AM

Poll: » B: The Beginning Episode 10 Discussion

Tyrel - Mar 2, 2018

25 by Archean-Return »»
Dec 13, 2023 12:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.