Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2017 9:00 PM

Sep 2009
I've only heard bad to mediocre things about it. I mean, it does have clamp art and sunrise giant robots, so how's its overall watch value?
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Oct 23, 2017 5:09 AM

Apr 2016
Meh it's kind of an average movie series if you as me. It just doesn't really do a lot to expand the universe. If your looking for something bombastic and over the top alike Hangyaku no Lelouch you wont find it here.

For a bit of info the movies are set in-between the first and 2nd season and they go to show what happened to Lelouch in-between this time frame. So, if you wanted to learn what happened to Lelouch during this time frame, you could watch the series for that reason.

Each movie is only a hour long so you could watch the first and see if you like it or not. I know some people quite like them.

... Wait what are you telling me that you gave
Berserk, Kozure Ookami, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Vinland Saga, Ergo Proxy, Mononoke and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki - a 1/10
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Monster, Great Teacher Onizuka and Aria the Origination - a 2/10
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and Gunnm - a 3/10
Oyasumi Punpun, Death Note, Owarimonogatari 2nd Season, Gintama', Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 and Shirobako - a 4/10
and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - a 5/10
but for most of these titles you've only watched or read a small proportion. You've read 0 chapters of Kozure Ookami and 2 chapters of Oyasumi Punpun. That's like reading the blurb of a book or watching a trailer for a movie and judging it to be trash.

I'm astounded... I think I need a explanation of how someone thinks some of the best works of fiction are all terrible.
AkoramOct 23, 2017 5:47 AM

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Oct 23, 2017 11:28 AM

Sep 2009
Akoram said:
Meh it's kind of an average movie series if you as me. It just doesn't really do a lot to expand the universe. If your looking for something bombastic and over the top alike Hangyaku no Lelouch you wont find it here.

For a bit of info the movies are set in-between the first and 2nd season and they go to show what happened to Lelouch in-between this time frame. So, if you wanted to learn what happened to Lelouch during this time frame, you could watch the series for that reason.

Each movie is only a hour long so you could watch the first and see if you like it or not. I know some people quite like them.

... Wait what are you telling me that you gave
Berserk, Kozure Ookami, Onanie Master Kurosawa, Vinland Saga, Ergo Proxy, Mononoke and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki - a 1/10
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu, Monster, Great Teacher Onizuka and Aria the Origination - a 2/10
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria and Gunnm - a 3/10
Oyasumi Punpun, Death Note, Owarimonogatari 2nd Season, Gintama', Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 and Shirobako - a 4/10
and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - a 5/10
but for most of these titles you've only watched or read a small proportion. You've read 0 chapters of Kozure Ookami and 2 chapters of Oyasumi Punpun. That's like reading the blurb of a book or watching a trailer for a movie and judging it to be trash.

I'm astounded... I think I need a explanation of how someone thinks some of the best works of fiction are all terrible.

Berserk is for masochists who like terrible, one dimensional characters, depravity, debauchery, and the idea that humans should look as ugly on the outside as they truly are on the inside. Plot itself is lackluster.
Don't remember much about Kozure Ookami, but something about the art and content of the first chapter probably turned me off.
Vinland Saga, MC decided to pussy out as a slave or something for god knows how long. Over 40 chapters of that shit before I dropped it, I was very patient with this one.
Ergo Proxy thought a scene of a guy on chilling a boat for 7 episodes was legit; that's just fking insulting to the viewer.
Mononoke and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.... I didn't actually watch it, but I believe that humans should conform to society, and do their best to suppress their uncivilized, savage natures. Also, werewolves and bestiality are gross.
Ginga Eiyuu is more poorly drawn and animated than a slideshow.
Monster's MC is too ridiculously hobo-looking with his stubble, ugly, and the opening sequence seemed to showcase how interesting it is for him to run, stop, and turn around. I can't trust a director who would make an opening sequence like that.
Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria, I simply cannot stand poorly constructed, grammatically unsound, Engrish drivel.
Gunm was similar to Berserk, but with far less plot. Really closer to a dystopian cyberpunk slice of life, filled with meaningless, yet boring and inconsequential events.
Oyasumi Punpun has the ugliest characters and art possible, I can't pay attention to anything else when my eyes are getting cancer.
A 4 is "bad," which isn't at all that terrible. If I were extremely drunk, they might pass as entertainment.
Death Note just resorted to braindead contrivances as "plot" after just a few episodes. The real "plot hole" is how fking stupid the "smart" characters are.
The monogatari series is cancer, but the latest one was especially so, with a double dose of pedophilia, sexual harrassment, and general retardation.
Gintama'.... Even dumb brats shouldn't be so easily entertained by 50 episodes of toilet humor.
SnK 2 lacked the quality of animation the first season had, and dragged the plot out in a very disorganized sequence, with too much crappy, manufactured drama.
I just couldn't stand the racket generated by the female voice actors in Shirobako. Can't watch a series when it's giving my ears cancer.

And I can easily tell if a book or movie is trash by reading or watching any single part of it. Telling whether it's good (or not trash), however, requires me to read/watch the entire thing. No anime or manga that I've thought was trash from the start has ever vindicated itself.
Oct 23, 2017 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
I can say that the first one was the best of all. So try it and see.
Oct 24, 2017 12:55 AM

Apr 2016
MortalMelancholy said:
Berserk is for masochists who like terrible, one dimensional characters, depravity, debauchery, and the idea that humans should look as ugly on the outside as they truly are on the inside. Plot itself is lackluster.

I would consider Griffith to be the best villain ever written and one of the best characters ever written a "fourth dimensional character" - someone with more dimensions then an actual human being. He's someone who's perfect on the outside with his looks and ability of combat but internally flawed when it comes to expressing and reading emotion. Without doubt it is obvious he has some form of autism. furthermore Griffith is a homosexual, and he has troubles expressing this. His homosexuality can be seen during the moments where the sold himself for sexual labour for High ranking noble Gennon and with his attraction to Guts. For Griffith Guts was love at first sight and Griffith's even said to Guts "I wan't you" during their very first encounter. Immediately, Griffith was sexually attracted to Guts, and after winning him over battle, he became greatly pleased for his capture by bring Gut's into his own personal "toy box" of the Band of the Hawk. Subsequently, in the story as Guts become a welcomed member of the Band of the Hawk, it wasn't until Griffith spent more time with him and had the time time to observe the type of man Guts was. Griffith observed that as person Guts did not look up to him nor follow him alike his personal pets his "toy box" (the Band of the Hawk) but he acted as his own person and this is why Griffith ended up falling in love with him as Guts met Griffiths requirements of a friend "A friend would not just follow another's dream... a friend would find his own reason to live...". Griffith had finally found someone who he could call a friend and someone equal to himself - This can be seen during the moment where Griffith told Guts that he seem him as his only friend and as a equal - "It is my perception, that a true friend never relies on another's dream. A person with the potential to be my true friend, must be able to find his reason for life without my help. And, he would have to put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He would never hesitate to fight for his dream, even against me. For me, a true friend is one who stands equal on those terms.". However, something came in-between the way of him achieving Guts and that was Casca, the girl he saved, who was frantically in love with but know she had left his side and went to Guts. At this Griffith was furious he always saw himself as the perfect being but know he had to come in terms with Guts being the better man, Instead of trying to attract Guts by his power and beauty he learnt that he would have to fight for Guts as a "common" person someone in the shallows. Griffith is very childish, as he is not used to not getting his way as thorough his entire life he's gotten everything he could every want - beauty, power, his own person "toy box" (band of the Hawk), but he could not get Guts, his most wanted desire. This drove Griffith into jealously, to the point where he tried to drag Casca back to his side even using sexual attempts to no avail. From here, Griffith drove into his dreams and strove to create his own kingdom and eventually the entire Band of the Hawk became nobles. Griffith had finally created his own safe haven but it was this moment that Gut decided to leave the Band of the Hawk and Griffith ended up losing "his" Guts to battle. He became infuriated and in his rage he released it through sex with the King of Midlands daughter Charlotte. Now to skip forward to the "you know what" Griffith ended up in a position where he was forced to make the greatest sacrifice, he even told guts to say away but could not get the words out due to "certain circumstances that had happened to him". But we ended up here and Griffith uttered those words "I sacrifice", giving arise to that "terror". By uttering those words to sacrifice his greatest love "Gut", Griffith keep to his ideals to form a kingdom by obtaining obsolete power, and went against himself. As a person he is in love with guts but he doesn't want to accept it and try's to show that he can't love, as his reputation is perceived. Onward, during this "terror" "Griffith did you know what to you know who" this was to express hate and the feeling of betray he had felt when Guts left him.

Now to show Griffiths ideals and how strongly he feels about them here are some of his quotes
- "I feel no responsibility to comrades who've lost lives under my command. Because they chose to fight in each battle.. Just as I chose this. But if there is something that... I can do for them. Something I can do for the dead... Then it is to win! I must keep winning to attain my dream. The same one they clung to, and risked their lives for!! To realize my dream, I will perch on top of their corpses.. It is a blood-smeared dream, after all. I don't regret or feel guilty about it.. But to risk thousands of lives while never getting myself dirty. It's not a dream that can be so easily realized!"
- "A dream... It's something you do for yourself, not for others."

And here is some dialogue to showcase how Griffith felt for committing the"sacrifice" and how he sympathises only for Guts, feeling saddened that their relationship has been destroyed
Griffith: I came here to know for certain whether anything will shake my heart. While I stand before you in this new body of flesh...it seems...I am...free.
Guts: You mean after what you did, after all those you betrayed, you don't feel anything!?
Griffith: I'll not betray my dream. That is all. I told you once, I will get my own kingdom. Nothing has changed.
Guts: You say nothing's changed...! After everything you did, you say nothing's changed!?
Griffith: You should have known. This is the man I am. You, of all people.

This is me briefly talking about one character of Berserk.

MortalMelancholy said:
Mononoke and Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki.... I didn't actually watch it, but I believe that humans should conform to society, and do their best to suppress their uncivilized, savage natures. Also, werewolves and bestiality are gross.

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuk is a great story about parent hood. It's not bestiality as the father is a wolf-man that was raised by human parent in the human world. He has the intelligence capable to act a a human and the ability to expression emotion to give sexual consent knowing what it entitles. I would say that bestiality would refer to the act of "raping" a non-intelligent animal for sexual satisfaction. If you want to push it with these thoughts you could consider Elfen Lied to be a show of bestiality, as Lucy is a Diclonius a "newly emergent evolutionary offshoot of Homo sapiens" as Elfen Lied suggest. Yes, the Diclonius race is quite similar to humans being created based of human DNA but they're not in fact human. Bestiality by definition - "sexual intercourse between a person and an animal" animal by definition "a living organism which feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli", person by definition "a human being regarded as an individual", Wait what is said "human being" well I guess Elfen lied is bestiality but when you look at it of choose it isn't. In rules of bestiality apply to Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki they should apply to all everything else.

MortalMelancholy said:

But its also an enormous study of character with the eps 83-110 being some of the best episodes ever conceived in the world of entertainment and the show leaving us with a phenomenal ending.

MortalMelancholy said:
Monster's MC is too ridiculously hobo-looking with his stubble, ugly, and the opening sequence seemed to showcase how interesting it is for him to run, stop, and turn around. I can't trust a director who would make an opening sequence like that.

Monster is the best piece of literature ever written a phenomenal masterpiece

MortalMelancholy said:
Oyasumi Punpun has the ugliest characters and art possible, I can't pay attention to anything else when my eyes are getting cancer.

The design of Punpun's character is symbolical as it acts to showcase the read about how he perceives himself. Overall Oyasumi Punpun is the best coming of age story I 've ever read, with a last third that is so good it transcends the world of literature. The art is amazing... observe...

MortalMelancholy said:
"The monogatari series is cancer"

I agree. Screw this series.

MortalMelancholy said:
I just couldn't stand the racket generated by the female voice actors in Shirobako. Can't watch a series when it's giving my ears cancer.

Glad to know someone else correlates the words Shirobako with cancer, I will say it got better in the last third but overall a 4/10 for me as well.

MortalMelancholy said:
"No anime or manga that I've thought was trash from the start has ever vindicated itself."

Oddly enough I have experienced this with Gurren Lagann for the first 16 eps I was like what is this shit then after finishing it and re-watching it I only see it as a masterpiece.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | watch anime online
π = 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148086513
Oct 24, 2017 12:57 AM

Sep 2017
This is just another edgefest but still worth watching if you have time.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 24, 2017 1:02 AM

Dec 2015
As a Code Geass fan I'd say that most of the movies were either mediocre or bad, just like you heard. I can't say if it's worth it, but if you decide to watch it, don't go into it expecting it to be as good as Hagyaku no Lelouch.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 24, 2017 11:36 AM

Sep 2009
Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:

I would consider Griffith to be the best villain ever written and one of the best characters ever written a "fourth dimensional character" - someone with more dimensions then an actual human being. He's someone who's perfect on the outside with his looks and ability of combat but internally flawed when it comes to expressing and reading emotion. Without doubt it is obvious he has some form of autism. furthermore Griffith is a homosexual, and he has troubles expressing this. His homosexuality can be seen during the moments where the sold himself for sexual labour for High ranking noble Gennon and with his attraction to Guts. For Griffith Guts was love at first sight and Griffith's even said to Guts "I wan't you" during their very first encounter. Immediately, Griffith was sexually attracted to Guts, and after winning him over battle, he became greatly pleased for his capture by bring Gut's into his own personal "toy box" of the Band of the Hawk. Subsequently, in the story as Guts become a welcomed member of the Band of the Hawk, it wasn't until Griffith spent more time with him and had the time time to observe the type of man Guts was. Griffith observed that as person Guts did not look up to him nor follow him alike his personal pets his "toy box" (the Band of the Hawk) but he acted as his own person and this is why Griffith ended up falling in love with him as Guts met Griffiths requirements of a friend "A friend would not just follow another's dream... a friend would find his own reason to live...". Griffith had finally found someone who he could call a friend and someone equal to himself - This can be seen during the moment where Griffith told Guts that he seem him as his only friend and as a equal - "It is my perception, that a true friend never relies on another's dream. A person with the potential to be my true friend, must be able to find his reason for life without my help. And, he would have to put his heart and soul into protecting his dream. He would never hesitate to fight for his dream, even against me. For me, a true friend is one who stands equal on those terms.". However, something came in-between the way of him achieving Guts and that was Casca, the girl he saved, who was frantically in love with but know she had left his side and went to Guts. At this Griffith was furious he always saw himself as the perfect being but know he had to come in terms with Guts being the better man, Instead of trying to attract Guts by his power and beauty he learnt that he would have to fight for Guts as a "common" person someone in the shallows. Griffith is very childish, as he is not used to not getting his way as thorough his entire life he's gotten everything he could every want - beauty, power, his own person "toy box" (band of the Hawk), but he could not get Guts, his most wanted desire. This drove Griffith into jealously, to the point where he tried to drag Casca back to his side even using sexual attempts to no avail. From here, Griffith drove into his dreams and strove to create his own kingdom and eventually the entire Band of the Hawk became nobles. Griffith had finally created his own safe haven but it was this moment that Gut decided to leave the Band of the Hawk and Griffith ended up losing "his" Guts to battle. He became infuriated and in his rage he released it through sex with the King of Midlands daughter Charlotte. Now to skip forward to the "you know what" Griffith ended up in a position where he was forced to make the greatest sacrifice, he even told guts to say away but could not get the words out due to "certain circumstances that had happened to him". But we ended up here and Griffith uttered those words "I sacrifice", giving arise to that "terror". By uttering those words to sacrifice his greatest love "Gut", Griffith keep to his ideals to form a kingdom by obtaining obsolete power, and went against himself. As a person he is in love with guts but he doesn't want to accept it and try's to show that he can't love, as his reputation is perceived. Onward, during this "terror" "Griffith did you know what to you know who" this was to express hate and the feeling of betray he had felt when Guts left him.

Now to show Griffiths ideals and how strongly he feels about them here are some of his quotes
- "I feel no responsibility to comrades who've lost lives under my command. Because they chose to fight in each battle.. Just as I chose this. But if there is something that... I can do for them. Something I can do for the dead... Then it is to win! I must keep winning to attain my dream. The same one they clung to, and risked their lives for!! To realize my dream, I will perch on top of their corpses.. It is a blood-smeared dream, after all. I don't regret or feel guilty about it.. But to risk thousands of lives while never getting myself dirty. It's not a dream that can be so easily realized!"
- "A dream... It's something you do for yourself, not for others."

And here is some dialogue to showcase how Griffith felt for committing the"sacrifice" and how he sympathises only for Guts, feeling saddened that their relationship has been destroyed
Griffith: I came here to know for certain whether anything will shake my heart. While I stand before you in this new body of flesh...it seems...I am...free.
Guts: You mean after what you did, after all those you betrayed, you don't feel anything!?
Griffith: I'll not betray my dream. That is all. I told you once, I will get my own kingdom. Nothing has changed.
Guts: You say nothing's changed...! After everything you did, you say nothing's changed!?
Griffith: You should have known. This is the man I am. You, of all people.

This is me briefly talking about one character of Berserk.

Yes, Berserk is psychological, and the characters are well developed; perhaps "one dimensional" isn't the best description. "Simple," "base," and "contemptible" are probably the words that I'm looking for. Oh, and ugly. The majority of the chapters consist of repetitive, monotonous events, which really minimizes any significance the overall characters and plot may have, and the dehumanization hits too close to reality. I'd prefer humans to at least look like normal humans; I don't want to end up with psychological disorders like punpun and end up seeing a warped reality.

Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuk is a great story about parent hood. It's not bestiality as the father is a wolf-man that was raised by human parent in the human world. He has the intelligence capable to act a a human and the ability to expression emotion to give sexual consent knowing what it entitles. I would say that bestiality would refer to the act of "raping" a non-intelligent animal for sexual satisfaction. If you want to push it with these thoughts you could consider Elfen Lied to be a show of bestiality, as Lucy is a Diclonius a "newly emergent evolutionary offshoot of Homo sapiens" as Elfen Lied suggest. Yes, the Diclonius race is quite similar to humans being created based of human DNA but they're not in fact human. Bestiality by definition - "sexual intercourse between a person and an animal" animal by definition "a living organism which feeds on organic matter, typically having specialized sense organs and nervous system and able to respond rapidly to stimuli", person by definition "a human being regarded as an individual", Wait what is said "human being" well I guess Elfen lied is bestiality but when you look at it of choose it isn't. In rules of bestiality apply to Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki they should apply to all everything else.

Lmao I don't believe Elfen Lied had sex, and diclonius evolved from humans, not... From the Carnivora order; though I did hate the bullshit ecchi parts of Elfen Lied. Aside from my dislike of wolves and werewolves (perhaps twilight is to blame, i dunno) and skin-crawling concepts, the synopsis leads me to believe the "wolf man" acted irresponsibly, both in life and death.

And it seems that I'd forgotten about Mononoke, but... What the hell wasn't bad about it? What was even good about it?

Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:

But its also an enormous study of character with the eps 83-110 being some of the best episodes ever conceived in the world of entertainment and the show leaving us with a phenomenal ending.

I'm sure it was a great novel. That I didn't read; rather, I watched the "animation," and there's no way I'm sitting through 83 episodes of "animation" for anything that isn't at least $20 an hour.

Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Monster is the best piece of literature ever written a phenomenal masterpiece

MC needed to groom better, and madhouse needed a better director. Of the episodes I watched, I there was a minimum of "thoughtful content" or "appreciable aesthetics" per time increment that was not being met.

Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:

The design of Punpun's character is symbolical as it acts to showcase the read about how he perceives himself. Overall Oyasumi Punpun is the best coming of age story I 've ever read, with a last third that is so good it transcends the world of literature. The art is amazing... observe...

I mean, I'm relatively neutral on however he wants to see himself, but it's mostly the general character design. Not for my eyes. Humans are ugly enough as is.

Akoram said:
MortalMelancholy said:
"No anime or manga that I've thought was trash from the start has ever vindicated itself."

Oddly enough I have experienced this with Gurren Lagann for the first 16 eps I was like what is this shit then after finishing it and re-watching it I only see it as a masterpiece.

To me, the things that stand out the most carry the greatest weight in how I judge them. Which is why I can judge things rather early, when something is intrinsically of poor quality, or malignant towards the audience (rather, me).
MortalMelancholyOct 24, 2017 11:43 AM
May 14, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2016
Bad movie, I do not recommend it.
May 14, 2019 10:06 PM

Jul 2016
Unless you are a Code Geass fan, then you won't enjoy it.
Mar 16, 2020 4:54 AM

Oct 2019
Everybody has their own understanding of anime and their independent rating system. If you like it it's good or else it's bad doesn't imply everyone thinks the same. So why is a war started in a forum discussion which is supposed to help us understand this movie's motive?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Code Geass: Boukoku no Akito 1 - Yokuryuu wa Maiorita Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2012

214 by sharosharo »»
Jun 14, 8:49 AM

» Want to watch these spin-off movies but have some questions

Biisoo - Apr 24, 2023

5 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 24, 2023 10:46 AM

» Opinions on Akito the Exiled ?

kushmonatl - Jun 30, 2022

18 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Sep 23, 2022 12:16 PM

» About the ed music

Klosiy - Jul 5, 2021

1 by Kitsu_andmal »»
Jul 14, 2022 2:16 PM

» Any Chance Of An English Dub?

awesomeblackman - Feb 8, 2017

2 by awesomeblackman »»
Mar 15, 2021 7:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.