Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2017 3:31 AM

Feb 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was a disappointing lack of any real conclusion. Just pretty much going back to where they started, except with even more secrets now on the boys' side. Sure, everyone is feeling slightly better about the whole situation and not worrying as much, but they all are still hiding their feelings, leaving them unresolved.
Jun 3, 2017 8:02 PM

May 2016
The autor said that Kyousuke wasn't developed because "Time constraints".
I was disappointed, but you can not do anything, I suppose it was by force majeure.
I hope that in the near future there will be a continuation even if it were a time skip in a small one-shot.
Sep 18, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2013
This ending is not great, but after volume 4, I was expecting something much worse. The way the trio made up felt rushed and kind of too long at the same time, but it was still very sweet. I'm not impressed or anything, but this was still one of the more fortunate ways to end. I'd be happy for WashiOka, even though I wouldn't want Tsukasa to be left out. At least the "first love never works out" thing, while not conclusive, has some relevance because in the trio only Tsukasa's crush is her first ever.

I was hoping for the poly route, but I never expected it (poly romance is definitely a thing in real life, but in manga or basically any kind of fiction I've come across, it's as rare as a unicorn), and there wasn't even time for that, especially since the final chapters were written on a very short notice. It's true that an "our friendship is now stronger than ever and maybe romance in the future question mark" kind of open end is the easiest to write, but I'd rather have this than a "we het now bye" kind. Maybe I'm too forgiving?

So while not particularly strong, the payoff was still worth it for me, and the journey was a remarkably fun one! This manga had some crisp artwork with solid grasp on facial expressions and body language that was very nice to look at. I also feel like our lovable angsty trio learned a lot throughout the story, and even the boys too. They're still in middle school, so maybe a more conclusive ending would have been a bit too much, unless we had followed them into high school and further (although I usually don't like time skips). In the end, I'm glad I spent time with Tsukasa, Nadeshiko and Kotooka.
LeeTailorSep 18, 2017 4:01 PM
Jan 21, 2018 4:13 AM

Sep 2015
Reading this was such a waste of time IMO.

23 chapters with a lot of pages makes you think: „Wow this will be great“, at first glance when you pick up the manga.
Now after reading through it, I am asking myself with what all the pages have been filled with.
There was literally no developement in the „Main“ group. Nothing resolved, no confessions, no conclusion, nothing being cleared up. Like what??
So they tacitly agreed to stay together at all costs while continue to bear the pain in silence. Author-san even shows us that again with Tsukasa in the very last panels. Even though we all know.
So there hasn´t much changed, expect that they are more "aware" now.
What a frustrating and unsatisfying ending

The only part of the story that was „decently“ done was the BL-ish pair, which was then again a trap.
I and others where totally expecting a yuri manga. Especially since it was tagged as shoujo ai and with that cover image aswell.
And then we have thoose two guys that make a biiiiiig part of the story. Consuming page after page....
I wont say it was bad, but just not what you´d expect. (However, cool for them, that they progressed in their own way and are where they are now)

I really wished the author would have shifted his attention away from the guys to the girls. Especially when having time problems...

When it comes to characters I´d say the only character worth their damn was Kootoka. Yes she was a bitch, yes she was annoying, a piece of shit, and fake as fuck. However also the only character that was decently interesting because of her complex personality. (compared to the other characters)
Kokosnuss_PalmeJan 21, 2018 4:16 AM
May 11, 2018 11:46 PM
Apr 2018
I an extremely angry at this manga.
I want to know what happens so badly that I’m experiencing withdrawl symptoms. It’s upsetting.
9/10 except for the ending :(
Jul 30, 2019 3:34 PM

Sep 2013
Bit of a waste of time in the end. Stopping at volume 1 or stopping at the end doesn't really change much.
Jul 7, 2020 8:53 PM

Feb 2012
I can't recall ever reading a manga that was doing so well just fall apart so completely like this one. The story set up an interesting cast of characters with their own flaws and problems, and then nothing gets resolved. Did the author not have an ending planned? Was this finale the best course after working with an editor? I don't believe we'll ever know, just like what happens to the characters.
Aug 29, 2022 5:39 AM

Jul 2015
I LOVED this series so much until the ending which just utterly pissed me off. Seems like such a cop out just to have each of the characters say they'll discuss their feelings in the future... I was so excited to see the mess that was gonna happen (and how it would all be resolved) when all the secrets were revealed, but instead we just get this inconclusive ending where no one has gotten to truly say how they feel. Good as a chapter, but not good as an ending. Really needs at least two more volumes to properly conclude the the series.
Mar 7, 2023 11:27 AM
Jul 2021
Feels like the author had to end the story and instead of tying up all the loose threads in a rushed and unsatisfying way, only the main drama was loosely tied up to give an ending but leaving things open for the future. It’s not exactly satisfying, but I think I am glad that it was left open ended instead of trying to resolve every single thread in the same amount of chapters. Definitely needs 2-3 more volumes to actually finish the story.
Mar 25, 12:36 AM

Mar 2008
Ending definitely was unsatisfactory. But from the image on the inside of volume 5s cover, it looks like Kotooka and Washio do get together, and Tsukasa starts liking either boys, or another person that's not Washio.

I would have vastly preferred Tsukasa to be the one to get her love requited since she was effectively the main character.

Torn between a 6 and 7, mostly for the ending being poor with numerous loose ends. I was thoroughly enjoying the triangles developing and the potential BL development being hinted at between Subaru and Asakura, but that quickly all got derailed with the abrupt ending.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nanashi no Asterism Chapter 5 Discussion

vanillaskynet - Jan 27, 2017

2 by razisgosu »»
Mar 24, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Nanashi no Asterism Chapter 1 Discussion

cowfeenmoosic - Apr 24, 2016

6 by Liddo-kun »»
Aug 22, 2020 1:42 AM

Poll: » Nanashi no Asterism Chapter 19 Discussion

LeeTailor - Sep 18, 2017

1 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Jul 7, 2020 3:27 PM

Poll: » Nanashi no Asterism Chapter 17 Discussion

Phaetons_Folly - Jan 15, 2020

0 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Jan 15, 2020 12:23 PM

Poll: » Nanashi no Asterism Chapter 2 Discussion

LeeTailor - Sep 16, 2017

1 by Phaetons_Folly »»
Mar 25, 2018 8:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.