Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2016
on MAL Mobile Suit Gundam 00 doesnt have any prequel, does it mean i can watch it and i won't be confused ? ( i know gundam series has like 30 diffrent season )

looks cool, it's new with nice graphics high on the rankings, and has 25 eps - looks like a great show to watch
Aug 18, 2016 1:51 PM

May 2015
I actually prefer that to be the first series that new Gundam watchers want to watch. Since it is not part of the Universal Century Gundams, you can watch it as a standalone title.
Aug 18, 2016 1:57 PM

Jan 2016
Tarotist said:
I actually prefer that to be the first series that new Gundam watchers want to watch. Since it is not part of the Universal Century Gundams, you can watch it as a standalone title.

PERFECT, i've just watched the iron blooded orphans, and it was AMAZING - man i love this series - everything i looked for was in there, emotionless op, great fights/ reasonbale actions, damn they even punched the shit out of annoying character - smth i'd loved to do :D

any similar titles ?

i've seen aldnoah zero and brake blade too
Aug 18, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2016

I see u scored cross angel as #1 in ur blog - good ill definitly chech it out after gundam series
Aug 18, 2016 2:22 PM

May 2015
Well, you can also try Gundam 00's older brother, Gundam Wing. They are quite identical in terms of their stories and characters. The art may be a little outdated, but the Gundam designs are very memorable.

There is also Turn A Gundam, my favorite in the Gundam series. If you are a fan of Aldnoah.Zero's story, Turn A Gundam has the same premise. Were you a fan of Kudelia Aina Bernstein in Iron-Blooded Orphans? If you were, then you'll most likely be a huge fan of Turn A's Dianna Soreil, who is considered to be one of the best characters in the Gundam series. However, despite being younger than Gundam Wing, the art style is heavily dated. While it is not necessary to have seen another Gundam anime before watching this, I recommend that you watch either Wing or the original Mobile Suit Gundam before starting Turn A.
Aug 18, 2016 2:43 PM

May 2015
Captain_Dolphin said:

I see u scored cross angel as #1 in ur blog - good ill definitly chech it out after gundam series

Are you sure you want to do that? Cross Ange isn't the type of anime that you think it is. Based on certain anime on your list that you rated and dropped, you will most likely drop Cross Ange by Episode 3. I'm not going to blame you though, since it is an anime that isn't exactly for everyone...
Aug 18, 2016 2:53 PM

Jan 2016
Tarotist said:
since it is an anime that isn't exactly for everyone...

ohh.. is it slow ? or smth ? describe it in few words, why u loved it but i will hate ? fanservice or what ?
Aug 18, 2016 2:58 PM

Jul 2009
Captain_Dolphin said:
Tarotist said:
since it is an anime that isn't exactly for everyone...

ohh.. is it slow ? or smth ? describe it in few words, why u loved it but i will hate ? fanservice or what ?

It's fanservice driven to eleven with a nonsensical story and cliche as hell characters. But the protagonist herself is very likable and the action is great. It's sort of an acquired taste.
Aug 18, 2016 3:14 PM

May 2015
Captain_Dolphin said:

The reason why Cross Ange is my favorite anime can be summarized in a single sentence:

"It knows what it is, and it is not afraid to do what it wants."

If you cannot accept Cross Ange for what it is, then you will not enjoy watching it.
Aug 19, 2016 4:20 AM

Dec 2015
@Tarotist I doubt he would be able to tolerate something from the early 80s, even from the mid90s.
Captain_Dolphin said:
I dislike animes before 2007 - art style is just way too old [...] It just hurt my eyes.

And despite how disappointingly average 00 ended to be, Wing doesn't seem less bad compared to it.
Aug 19, 2016 4:57 AM

Feb 2013
Captain_Dolphin said:
on MAL Mobile Suit Gundam 00 doesnt have any prequel, does it mean i can watch it and i won't be confused ? ( i know gundam series has like 30 diffrent season )

looks cool, it's new with nice graphics high on the rankings, and has 25 eps - looks like a great show to watch

Why not? at least you will try that.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Aug 19, 2016 2:59 PM

Feb 2014
What about gundam seed?
As for cross ange just brace through the earlier part and the rest is better.
Aug 21, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2016
Gundam SEED was ok but I found the MC in SEED, Kira, to be much less likable than Heero and Setsuna from Wing and 00. The MCs make or break a Gundam series for me and in that respect SEED was a disappointment.
I AM MAD SCIENTIST. IS SO COOL.

You know the rest.
Aug 22, 2016 8:47 AM
Aug 22, 2016 9:31 AM

Dec 2015
Laurentius912 said:
I found the MC in SEED, Kira, to be much less likable than Heero and Setsuna from Wing and 00.

I don't mind not liking a character (even a main one) but Setsuna was only a very slightly improved Heero. They both looked like they were non-existant. Maybe "robots" like them are more likable than "wheeners" like the usual Gundam heroes. The only time I could stand such a human weapon was in Full Metal, but that was thanks to the comedic window on Sagara.

"Ore wa Gundam" I came to hate this slogan. XD
Aug 22, 2016 3:00 PM

Dec 2013
You should either watch the original and then continue watching Gundam in production order or you should just quit the franchise. It's infuriating to have to deal with people who've only bothered with recent entries and don't care about the franchise as a whole.

Stick to crap like Aldnoah.Zero or Valvrave so other people don't have to listen to you.

kawaiiyoon said:
What about gundam seed?
As for cross ange just brace through the earlier part and the rest is better.

Your enjoyment of Seed depends very much on how much you're willing to put up with Kira's self-righteousness and hypocracy. It's a mostly enjoyable series but nothing really too outstanding. It has a great soundtrack and lead mobile suit designs though.
Aug 22, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2016
Lyuze said:
You should either watch the original and then continue watching Gundam in production order or you should just quit the franchise. It's infuriating to have to deal with people who've only bothered with recent entries and don't care about the franchise as a whole.

naah, ill finish iron blooded, then gundam 00 and call it.. maybe just maybe ill watch gundam seed - but I doubt it.

not related to the full story and still quite a nice show
Aug 22, 2016 3:45 PM

Jan 2016
Lyuze said:

You're missing out on a wealth of quality content, but then quality certainly can't be a concern of yours considering your favorites list.

well we'v got negative 5% affinity, so i quess that's says why im the weirdo to u and the other way around; u like old contenct '93 '94 and probably sit on a grass and read a book - and surprised why i don't, while i prefer modern art style and sit in front of computer/tv , we're diffrent kinds of ppl; can't do shit about it

and yup im watching anime to get excited etc. great music/art style tg/re:zero and good/surprising/decent plot, while u look for slow decent story prob to relax. aka. mushishi/monster etc.

More topics from this board

» Any media like Erased ( 1 2 )

Alioli360 - May 25

50 by LoveYourSmile »»
3 hours ago

» Anime Movies About Japanese Work Culture

dadnaya - Yesterday

4 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» i need you

blackmirrorerror - Yesterday

3 by JoeChip »»
4 hours ago

» Need alil help?

Nutjobb1 - Aug 27, 2008

4 by Ruskimeister »»
6 hours ago

» Is there anything left for us?!

fattdaddio - Yesterday

4 by Ruskimeister »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.